The not the man of the match.

caley100

Well i thought choosing a man of the match today was a joke, sure Tremarco got the nod out of a bad bunch, but jeez they were shocking!

So...  i'm leading with a choice of the poorest players today( and there were a few)

1. Vigurs,  couldn't be arsed and passed to no one so often.

2. Doumbouya, more ball control and touch from a blind walrus.( yes i've seen a walrus play)

3. Mckay( almost Mulraney,Polworth,Tansey,Warren,Draper...et all)

Edited by tm4tj
Stick to actual names or topic will be closed.
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Everyone's entitled to an opinion on the game and performances, but there's no need to get personal with name calling etc.  Shit like that which is dragging CTO into the gutter and why I'm less and less bothered with it these days.

I thought Polworth had a good 25 mins and he at least tracked back when he lost the ball which is more than can be said for Vigurs who we all know is lazy but has the ability to turn a game which is why he retains his starting slot .

Everyone sees things differently I suppose!

Been saying repeatedly, Vigurs is lazy and shows no heart or desire. Those who cite he has ability to turn a game, other than a decent free kick on occasion and long range shot, his passing is poor often a case of getting rid of the ball asap even if it plays someone else into trouble and lucky if its ever more than 10 yards, tackling is non-existent and zero tracking back. In games where you need to slow it down and break up the rhythm of the opposition he has a role, but surely on current form his days in the team must be numbered?

I appreciate that Saturday's performance was not the best and that a number of players were below par but we did yet again score a late goal, in stark contrast to last season, to rescue a point.

What was perhaps of more concern was the crowd of just over two and a half thousand and negative threads like this specifically aimed at seeking criticism of individual players is not going to help.

By all means say how you feel about individual performances on the match day thread but to start a dedicated thread is negative beyond belief.

• Agree 3

I think the three poorest players were the three that Foran subbed.  Of the OP's choice I put Vigurs and Doumbouya in with Carl Tremendous in my top 3.  I think Vigurs comes in for a lot of unfair criticism on this forum and this thread seems particularly harsh.  I thought he applied himself very well on Saturday, he got through a lot of work and often retain the ball well when none of his team mates were making themselves available.  The manager said he felt Vigurs was "magnificent".  Whilst I think that is overstating it, the manager clearly saw much in his performance which others did not.  He is one of those midfielders whose role is not spectacular and whose value to the side often goes unnoticed - a bit like Roy McBaian a few years ago.

What does frustrate me about Vigurs is that I would like to see him play further forward and be looking to score more.  In my view, whilst he is not a striker, he is the most composed finisher in the side.  Too often in recent games Doumbouya has been left with no support and we play long balls up to him but have none of the midfield available for a simply lay off.  Doumbouya then has to look to either keep possession until someone is available or try and turn the defender.  As a result he is more likely to lose possession and then he gets criticised. I think if Vigurs was playing further forward and looking to find space behind the striker he would score a few more.  Not only that, but he has the quality to retain the ball and play the weighted passes that create goal scoring opportunities for others.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

31 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I appreciate that Saturday's performance was not the best and that a number of players were below par but we did yet again score a late goal, in stark contrast to last season, to rescue a point.

What was perhaps of more concern was the crowd of just over two and a half thousand and negative threads like this specifically aimed at seeking criticism of individual players is not going to help.

By all means say how you feel about individual performances on the match day thread but to start a dedicated thread is negative beyond belief.

I honestly don't think that postings on here in any way affect the attendance significantly. That said the crowd was very poor and our lowest for a league game against Killie taking place on a Saturday. We've had lower crowds but they were on a Sunday with a 12:30 (or thereabouts kick off) and a Wednesday night.

Games against Killie used to draw around 4,000 fans to the games but, like other matches against the same sides every week, the interest has waned.

On 10/22/2016 at 10:12 PM, caley100 said:

Well i thought choosing a man of the match today was a joke, sure Tremarco got the nod out of a bad bunch, but jeez they were shocking!

So...  i'm leading with a choice of the poorest players today( and there were a few)

1. Vigurs,  couldn't be arsed and passed to no one so often.

if you're team mates stand still and wait for the ball to come to them, then your not going to be 100% accurate with your passing. so often, no-one maikng themselves available as an 'out'

2. Doumbouya, more ball control and touch from a blind walrus.( yes i've seen a walrus play)

continuous high balls lofted in to him, with no-one supporting or presenting themselves as an out...think he would be more effective dropping deeper to pick up the ball, facing the goal. reiterate my opinion that he would be better as part a two-striker setup.

3. Mckay( almost Mulraney,Polworth,Tansey,Warren,Draper...et all)

didn't think he had a bad game..gave up a penalty, needlessly probably, but don't remember anything else of note? 

Doombers and Vigz attracting a lot of stick, and whilst neither were MOM potential, (BBC Alba would disagree) didnt think they were shocking, and certainly not in the bottom 2.

Fer fecks sake people - This is a feckin Fan Forum. Anybody is entitled to their opinions. I get fed up with "the players are reading this and may get upset" crap. "You are affecting the club" - "If you don't stop it I am going tell Admin and I am not going to play anymore". Some posters disapprove of the nature of some posts and then go on to have a feckin dig at the poster. If you are going to reply then give your opinion - preferably with a bit of banter but not an attempt to have a wee dig. "Not the Man of the Match" could actually be construed as a piece of classic sarcasm. The people who have bitten are laffable. Fortunately many have decided to just fire back their opinion with a rationale. Only the apparent sweetie rustlers openly voice their disapproval and actually make this thread considerably worse. It is a wonder the Young Team were not brought into it at some stage. :lol: