Inverness schools Coaching

fox83

So im currently away working and tonight when i phoned home to see how the kids got on at school my 6 year old son who has been to a few games at caley park told me he received a free ticket for the Ross County game next week,Thinking he won it as a prize or as a reward i said well done but to my amazement he told me it was because of the FREE coaching sessions Ross County put on for the kids in school.

Firstly well done to County for actually thinking outside the box & putting on these sessions.secondly why the hell are ICT not doing this scheme ?(yes im aware of the free under 12s ticket) nd why are the club letting County encourage young fans who may now  rather go to Dingwall to watch there football than follow there home team.

My son has been going to an Inverness primary school for over 2 years nd not once has anyone from ICT visited the school or put on any community coaching initiatives in my opinion that is disgraceful especially from a club who has PRIDE OF THE HIGHLANDS as its unofficial slogan.

I do apologise for this rant but im angry as iv now got to take the wee man over to bandit country to watch the game. 

• Disagree 4

ICT do amazing work in schools. The community dept travel all over the highlands. 

I dont know the situation now but County certainly did not provide these sessions to schools free. There was a charge definately. The charge was to the school not the kids. 

So instead of a rant why not contact the club and ask if it would be possible to arrange a school visit? 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

IMG_0659.PNG

IMG_0660.PNG

The club have been running these courses since I was in school!!!

seems like a cheap shot by Cunty more than anything else.

also, my daughter got handed two free kids tickets for today's game at her session last week.... 

#prideofthehighlands #thehighlandsareours #foreverinourshadow

• Agree 5

The community team at ICT do a really excellent job at schools across the entire region - literally hundreds of schools as far away as Skye. Their Footworx programme is run at P7 level for 4 weeks at all of these schools, which is a monumental effort. My son got interested in football because of a visit to his nursery by ICT community guys and he's been in development squads since he was 10 as a result. He is also a season ticket holder. In addition, school football teams can get hold of free tickets by contacting the club. On top of this, they also do loads of work with adults....

So, for a tiny group, the community team do a great job and shoild be commended. It is unfortunate that County sometimes get in first at some schools, but I'm sure the reverse is true at other schools that County might regard as "their patch".

• Agree 2

Thats great to no guys nd im grateful  for the response. Im sure the community team do very well with limited resources available but i stand by my point that ICT should not be letting county sneak into there territory nd its a sad day for me personally when iv gota pay to get in2 the jail end.

• Disagree 1

Just playing devil's advocate here fox83 ask to sit in the away end and see what your response is.

If you approached your school and you all went as a group to TCS I believe you would get in free too and it wouldn't cost you the extra cash getting to Dingwall.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, fox83 said:

Thats great to no guys nd im grateful  for the response. Im sure the community team do very well with limited resources available but i stand by my point that ICT should not be letting county sneak into there territory nd its a sad day for me personally when iv gota pay to get in2 the jail end.

How do you propose ICT stop County? Of course theyre going to be in Inverness schools if schools allow it!

1 hour ago, fox83 said:

its a sad day for me personally when iv gota pay to get in2 the jail end.

Don't go. It's a pretty sneaky move by County knowing the kids will have to take an adult to the game and that adult will be charged full price for their ticket. Still trying to claw money from the unsuspecting public. How low will they stoop, remember, that money goes into their pockets.

• Agree 3

53 minutes ago, fox83 said:

So are ICT going to Dingwall or Invergordon primary schools old caley girl ?No the club should cement its hold in its home town surely ? get down from ur high horse woman 

You are out of order 83 and Old Caley Girl is spot on. There is absolutely nothing to stop Ross County coaching in Inverness if they so wish. I suspect that you have failed to take into account that there are FAR more schools in the Inverness area than there are close to Dingwall. Hence ICT can produce the very full programme (thanks 94 for the comprehensive list) simply by concentrating on schools in their immediate area. It is therefore not clear whether, even by extending their activities into some Inverness schools, Ross County have as full a programme as the extremely committed ICT community operation offers.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Fair play charles i get ur point nd agree that its 2 clubs fighting over a small piece of pie but its still frustrating knowing there is a load of inverness school kids away to the county game nxt week nd i suppose its impossible to stop just as it was with those people who went over the bridge to watch there football in 1994 after the M word. lol

Edited by fox83

4 hours ago, fox83 said:

So are ICT going to Dingwall or Invergordon primary schools old caley girl ?No the club should cement its hold in its home town surely ? get down from ur high horse woman 

I may be a mere woman but my three boys all attend ICT games and hell would have frozen over before Id have taken them to any County game except a derby!

Oh and I think the club did offer to take the scottish cup to Dingwall and Invergordon schools. 

• Agree 2

I don't normally respond when the OP is so clearly on the wind up.....but here's a couple of links that immediately dispel the nonsense being talked....

http://ictfc.com/community/community-news2/1809-ictfc-reach-their-heart-healthy-goal

http://ictfc.com/community/community-news2/1814-community-cup-visits

Also...over 4000 kids took advantage of free tickets last season. This was in addition to those taking up the free U12 ticket offer.

As ICTFC have now extended the Free U12 Ticket offer to match tickets as well as season tickets then, if your kid is of that age, you can get a free ticket for them any time you like.

• Agree 5

To clarify, ICT development have contacted all Primary Schools this year, have offered coaching for kids, support for school coaches and even chance for games each Thursday evening.

They can always do more but this year Danny and his team have been much more overt.

Reality is that SFA and County also are active and dilute what is and can be done. Important thing at primary school age is that the kids are being coached and developed. The fact that they are coached by one or both has limited affect on who they then follow 

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:47 PM, old caley girl said:

I may be a mere woman but my three boys all attend ICT games and hell would have frozen over before Id have taken them to any County game except a derby!

Oh and I think the club did offer to take the scottish cup to Dingwall and Invergordon schools. 

....wheras County didnt have the League Cup for long enough to take it to the National Hotel to fill with whisky!

I have worked in several Inverness schools over the years and have seen coaching sessions from both ICT and Ross County being run for children from nursery to primary seven. The younger age groups just seem to enjoy the football and the older ones have usually already made their minds up about who they support. I don't think a few weeks of coaching is going to be a big influence to be honest. I know the rivalry with County can get pretty intense for fans, but I do not think it is healthy to encourage hatred in children against others just because of their team. If anything a mix of teams providing coaching helps children to see that it is a game, not a matter of life or death and that just because someone has a different opinion from you it does not make them a horrible person. I think it's great that with finances the way they are, local children are still getting coaching sessions. 

• Agree 4

Surely much ado about little. Children should be encouraged to sample as many different experiences as they can get otherwise they will eventually become stereotyped, narrow thinking clones of their parents. The more thoughtful of them will grow up  with an ability to make correct choices regardlesss so let's encourage them to do whatever turns their crank.

And Old Caley Girl I admire your spirit and never think that you should feel that you may be a  mere woman compared to the male characters on this site who may just be mere male chauvinists  who were  deprived or broad and varied experiences in their early days and may not be able to see the other side of the coin or the advantage of weighing up things  by making comparisons. Your reports and common sense are a joy to read about.:clapoverhead:

• Agree 1

On 11/19/2016 at 10:07 AM, PerfICT said:

The community team at ICT do a really excellent job at schools across the entire region - literally hundreds of schools as far away as Skye.

Good to see they started coming to Skye. When I was in school only Ross County came for coaching, giving out free tickets (that I never used) in the process. Probably a big part of the reason County are the preferred team for my generation in Skye over ICT.