Scotty

See this kinda thing really pisses me off, it's one thing if were getting beaten trying but why do we need to underperform in so many games. It's not like we CANT do it, we've shown we can.. So what's the problem? Too much time off, too much nights out on the ****, no desire to progress? If we're not careful we'll be firmly rooted to the bottom by Christmas 

A Bit harsh. Players don't deliberately go out to play badly. Some players had an off day yesterday and, on the day, Aberdeen were the better team when it mattered, albeit aided and abetted by a very poor referee.

On the subject of the referees, they seem to be getting progressively worse, certainly at the home games this season and do appear to have it in for ICT. Hope I am wrong but key decisions are clearly not being given to ICT or we are being treated differently from the opposing team. It does also appear that referees have stopped penalising defenders who blatantly foul forwards by holding them, pushing them and climbing all over them.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Seen this quote from Richie post game 

"We scored against the run of play. Nearly all over the park we were second best. Aberdeen were the better team, they had more quality, they played us off the park at times. We were poor, Aberdeen were very good.

"We didn't deserve to go one up, simple as that. It's a good ball in for the goal and a good finish. Big Lons (Lonsana Doumbouya) was good, he was probably our only decent performance. Everyone else was second best.

"It's one of our poorest performances of the season. We lacked belief which was strange.

"Greg Tansey and Liam Polworth, even if things aren't going well for us, will keep the ball well. But if I'm doing my job right and having players who can come in like for like, then I shouldn't be looking for them excuses and I'm not looking for them excuses.

"I've got to take some of the blame. Overall we weren't good enough today, including me."

See this kinda thing really pisses me off, it's one thing if were getting beaten trying but why do we need to underperform in so many games. It's not like we CANT do it, we've shown we can.. So what's the problem? Too much time off, too much nights out on the ****, no desire to progress? If we're not careful we'll be firmly rooted to the bottom by Christmas 

Naw, whit pisses me off is that people think the boys go out there to play badly? We got beaten by a better team. Simple. It's no wonder they were off their game, I was getting frustrated in the stands, I can only imagine how they were feeling, out their on the park, getting mugged off by sheep and officials alike.

a bit of an over-reaction- since our shocking start we've lost to Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen....I'm not all that fussed about that tbh! Those are the games you'd look at and say, "well, a draw would be nice but I'm not expecting much..."

and well, "firmly rooted to the bottom of the table" will still only be probably 3 points off 6th place :) 

everyone needs to just chill the fff out! 

• Agree 4

Attended yesterday. Watched highlights today.

1st Aberdeen goal - Soft free kick. Madison went down very easily (how often will that be said this season?!) Fon Williams positioning for a free kick argh! He does seem suspect in that dead ball situation. Surely if two over the ball who can put either side, positioning should be a bit more central? He lost us that goal although he saved us a goal by his wonderful save from Considine's 2nd half header. 

2nd Aberdeen goal - What on earth was Gary Warren thinking? I'll say it again ... what on earth was Gary Warren thinking? Clumsy, suicidal defending. As soon as Hayes started running into the box I was saying in my head don't touch him, he'll go down. Gaz raised an arm then when that fails, just takes him out in a mock tumble of legs he had no chance of getting away with.

Aberdeen are a very "streetwise" team that will play for fouls, fall down at the merest touch. Not just Madison, most of the team irrespective of size or frame. A regular theme in recent encounters ... they don't need additional help from us.

7 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Fon Williams positioning for a free kick argh! He does seem suspect in that dead ball situation. Surely if two over the ball who can put either side, positioning should be a bit more central? 

Surely that's why there's a wall? What's the point in positioning a wall to defend half the goal, if the GK then stands central. The wall splits the goal in two, the GK then stands central in the other 'half' of the goal.  Well taken free kick that got up and down well....although I don't remember seeing much of a jump from our guys. 

And once again guessing right for the pen and almost getting finger-tips on it.

48 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Surely that's why there's a wall? What's the point in positioning a wall to defend half the goal, if the GK then stands central. The wall splits the goal in two, the GK then stands central in the other 'half' of the goal.  Well taken free kick that got up and down well....although I don't remember seeing much of a jump from our guys. 

And once again guessing right for the pen and almost getting finger-tips on it.

I do take your point but Kenny McLean didn't even need to put it into the corner. A decent strike but saveable/defendable.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:57 PM, Robert said:

Dundee next week is a must win in my book.

I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you but I would be interested to learn the basis on which you come to that conclusion? I suppose what I'm asking you to do is to give a cause and effect indication of what the critical outcome at stake is, possibly by continuing that sentence with "because if not......."

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

Fair assessment from Richie Foran thought we offered very litlte going forward, although have to disagree with his comments on Shinnie.  The tackle on Mckay was nasty and over the top and could have been a lot, lot worse.  To make matters worse when Mckay was flat out in obviously in distress Shinnie and co played on  going forward encouraged by that absolute nark Mcinnes,

An absolute disgrace by a club that has no class,  

• Agree 1

First half I thought we competed well but created little, soring against the run of play, Aberdeen for all the possession didn't create much more and we gifted them the lead with a rash challenge for a stonewall penalty, but not really much in it otherwise. 2nd half we were a mess, no composure on the ball, panicked forward play to clear the lines and never created much or put the Dons defence under pressure. We chased the game but were never likely to score a 2nd no matter how long we played, the 3rd dons goal was just a sucker punch.

We got what we deserved form the match, Cole was found wanting and when Doran moved inside he offered more creativity but Mulraney did nothing coming on and too often there was no midfield support to Doumbaye. Poor performance, poor result and shows how weak our squad is as I never expected without Polly & Tansey for us to look so much weaker. While the ref was poor its not a reason for our defeat, we just didn't compete in the middle of the park.  

Though Richie should have made changes earlier and brought on more of a physical presence to support Doumbaya. To me King, Doran, Cole and Mulraney are all very similar and to be honest I have yet to see any of them impose themselves on a game and make things happen.

What has happened to Boden that he is so far down the pecking order that he is  never considered. We need to get someone  to support Doumbaya as on Saturday for all his hard work, most of it was in vain.     

2 hours ago, forresjags said:

What has happened to Boden that he is so far down the pecking order that he is  never considered.

Lonny's banging in the goals....And for some reason, even at home, we play with only one striker! I've said it before, would like to see Boden playing off either of the big two target men, especially in the coming 'must win' games.  And for Cherlie's benefit: These are must win games because, with the exception of St Johnstone, they are all against teams with effectively the same points total as us. We have been lucky with the way other results have been going, that we have stayed in a 'safe' position in the table. We need to win against those around us and hope to pick up 'bonus' points against those above us, if we want to regain our 6th spot.

Just about the most frustrating game I have been to in a long time!

No not the ICT performance, over all it wasn't that bad .Yes it could have been much better.

What frustrated me was the performance of the referee being 'conned' into giving fouls by the divers, giving unfair advantages to the cheats and giving us very little in return!!

I have come to the conclusion that McInnes has his team out practicing diving for a large proportion of the training sessions, they are so good at it, it is unbelievable. Over the season it started with Rooney as the main offender, then Hayes took over the role now it is graduating throughout the whole team.

To cap it all driving home I caught part of the summary on radio by the @@ Pundits @@ discussing the terrible tackles that ICT were putting in throughout the match.

Enough said.

• Agree 2

Ironically, they will probably succeed as this was a foul but yet another decision the ref got wrong. If only the ref had done this at the free kick from which Aberdeen scored their first goal. Have to agree with other posters that Aberdeen players were going down exceptionally easily and conned the referee although the referee should be able to deal with this better than he did on Saturday. The Aberdeen management team were also at the fourth official all game trying to pressurise him. No class at all from either the team or their management.

• Agree 2

Looks like we are dropping another notch with Accies beating Hearts 3-1 at the moment. If that's how it ends, we will be two points off bottom with Accies and Partick still having a game in hand. No looking so good now. But wait, Hearts score a penalty, all is not lost. But wait again, it's 3-3.

Finished 3-3, we remain in seventh, but still just two off the bottom with two clubs below us with games in hand. Meh.

22 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you but I would be interested to learn the basis on which you come to that conclusion? I suppose what I'm asking you to do is to give a cause and effect indication of what the critical outcome at stake is, possibly by continuing that sentence with "because if not......."

Charles,

Other than that games between teams near the bottom are often described as that, if you want to get inside my head (a scary prospect for anyone!), it was simply that a defeat would leave us potentially down in 9th with an away game at St Johnstone to follow, with the risk that confidence suffers and, before we know it, we face the winter break in a bad place.

I've been to all home games, apart from Celtic (good excuse as on holiday) and other than the Dundee game, we have never really been comfortable, and always a bit vulnerable.

Plenty goals, which is great and we anticipated under Richie, but we can never be confident we won't concede.

When we are positive and move the ball fast, we look very good, but too often we give the ball away cheaply and end up under pressure.

That said, I'm fully behind Richie and the team, I admire his honesty and really believe that if we stay up this season, it will be onwards and upwards again! Perhaps that could even be this season.

10 hours ago, Kind of Blue said:

A shocking lunge by Shinnie which is really unlike him.  I had a muppet sitting in front of me who didn't even think the ref should stop the game for Mackay to get treatment.

I wonder if some of the (half hearted) boos he got maybe got to him a wee bit? Certainly after that challenge they became a lot more meaningful!

Edited by RiG

5 hours ago, RiG said:

I wonder if some of the (half hearted) boos he got maybe got to him a wee bit? Certainly after that challenge they became a lot more meaningful!

Did you read Charlie Allan's match report and comments on booing Shinnie RiG?............don't know what game he was watching, unbelievable!!

Edited by Donview

Any booing of former players is pretty poor levels of respect and in the case of Shinnie as a player who always gave his all and captained us to our greatest moment in history there's really no need and no grounds.

Nobody on here would accept being subjected to any abuse if they had to visit a previous employers in their new role so why is football any different.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic