Scotty

Would have taken a draw today, so disappointed with that result. If there was ever any doubt that this season was going to be an almighty scrap, there isn't anymore. I would argue that we've had the hardest set of fixtures in the 2nd rotation, but the pressure is now rising for results against those around us - and today wasn't a great start.

Very disappointing result, particularly as it sounds like we had most of the ball. Interested to hear the thoughts of those who were there.

On a positive, Tremarco half way to winning his challenge to score 10.

With Horner's red card, hopefully Mckay is fit for the St Johnstone game.

At least we are in a pack of 7, but we really need a few good results. Here's hoping!

6 hours ago, caley100 said:

What shoite will Richie come out with this time?

Well, he said post match that this was "our best performance of the season". I'd be interested to know if fans agree.

Not a great sign that when we are at our best, we still lose to the side at the bottom of the league! I think his point is that we did a lot of things right except score and we really shouldn't have lost this one.

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Well, he said post match that this was "our best performance of the season". I'd be interested to know if fans agree.

This one doesn't. We dominated possession and did move the ball around well in the first half in particular, but I don't remember us giving Scott Bain much to do at all. There were too many shots from distance, and while Doumbouya works hard, having him as our only outlet is damaging us. We're crying out for a small, mobile striker in the vein of Mckay or Dargo. We also looked soft at the back, particularly on the right hand side, where Horner just does not look like a defender. The best performance I've seen this season , fwiw, was the second half at Fir Park; we were nowhere near that yesterday.

Good having the opportunity for a chat with Bobby Mann in the Trades before the game though.

• Agree 1

Really disappointing result and performance. Foran is kidding himself if he thinks that was our best performance of the season though I suspect he is deflecting attention from the players. Whilst we did knock the ball about pretty well, especially in the first half, all to often our final ball was lacking or Dundee snuffed out any threat. The likes of King and Doran far to often failed to send in a really good cross for Doumbouya to attack and most of our efforts on goal were long range strikes that were always sent flying well over the bar and seldom troubled Bain. Good goal from Wighton to open the scoring driving right at Warren and slotting the ball beyond Fon Williams in the style of Thierry Henry. Dundee also had a penalty claim when Draper tangled with McGowan but it was difficult to see what happened from the other end of the ground. Just before half time there was a bit of a scramble in the Dundee box after a Tansey corner wasn't cleared and despite a number of sclaffed efforts towards goal no ICT player was able to turn it into the net.

Second half was much of the same. ICT tended to dominate possession but Dundee created better chances. The second goal largely killed the game off. Free kick on the ICT left was whipped in by Hately, Doumbouya missed the ball and Gadzhalov powered the ball into the net. Whilst we did get a goal back when Tremarco somehow found the net after Bain appeared to cock up his attempted save bagging an equaliser probably wouldn't have been deserved. 

Dundee were much better than when we cuffed them earlier in the season whereas we seem to have gone backwards somewhat. Despite playing with 'proper' wide men in Doran and King we didn't really get much joy down the left or right flanks and Doran seemed to spend most of his time cutting in from the right and sitting inside leaving Draper to play on the right for large parts of the first half which seemed a bit odd. Vigurs went off injured which might go some way to explain his complete lack of effort when trying to defend Dundee attacks in the second half.

Another injury is not really what we need with Polworth and Mackay out but hopefully the former is back soon especially with Raven out and Horner now suspended. We're starting to look a wee bit thin, low on confidence and pretty toothless up front. Some massive games coming up now against Saint Johnstone, Hamilton and Killie. I think we really need at least two wins from that lot. Going to be a tight old season this one.

• Agree 2

Really need to get more from the wide players King and Doran carried absolutely no threat whatsoever. We also need to go with an extra front man to support Doumbouya and disagree with  those writing off Boden who deserves a chance. 4 5 1 is not working for us, we need to have a plan B.        

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic