TCS to be owned by club

CableGuy

14 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Maybe we could use the  lease money now released from the budget to invest in a small safe standing area that could grow over time if fans fill it and atmosphere improves.

That would be an improvement for the stadium supported by tullochs grant. 

That would be a total waste of money although I would like to stand at games, the club is struggling as it is.

13 minutes ago, IBM said:

That would be a total waste of money although I would like to stand at games, the club is struggling as it is.

Id like to think safe standing could be investigated? Might need fan contribution towards cost of "seat" but would maybe attract some fans back at least? Maybe it wont happen but worth a look surely? 

17 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Id like to think safe standing could be investigated? Might need fan contribution towards cost of "seat" but would maybe attract some fans back at least? Maybe it wont happen but worth a look surely? 

It was safe enough standing in the west stand up through the divisions 'ocg' without having to pay at least £100 per standing area/seat.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, IBM said:

It was safe enough standing in the west stand up through the divisions 'ocg' without having to pay at least £100 per standing area/seat.

Not saying it wasnt tbh but that ship has sailed unfortunately. Just think its worth a look thats all. 

1 hour ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Dream would be that this clears the way for the lease to be transferred to a big brand firm looking to get a foothold in Inverness in return for a new purpose built stadium elsewhere in town!  Sainsbury do you fancy a project? :question:

Sainsburies was earmarked for Stratton farm.

Some companies seem to be going through a period of downsizing, closures, redundancies or even cheaper, create ways to sack people. So I can't see many companies wanting to buy the stadium and relocating us in the current climate. With the new rubbish dump land, Stratton and Ashton farm, plus with Tornagrain eventually being made available, I can't see it happening any time soon.

Still fantastic news all the same.

2 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Dream would be that this clears the way for the lease to be transferred to a big brand firm looking to get a foothold in Inverness in return for a new purpose built stadium elsewhere in town!  Sainsbury do you fancy a project? :question:

Friday's official announcement only makes reference to the three stands and not to the lease which was held by the ICT Trust from which Tullochs may now be arguably indistinguishable??? Information released on Friday seems to tell me nothing at all about any change in arrangements for the lease of the ground which I last thought was held by the Trust/Tullochs.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Caley Stan said:

Who's the landowner?

The land owner is the Inverness Common Good Fund which granted the club a 99 year lease in 1994. That transferred to the ICT Trust in approx. 2001. Recent announcements make no reference to any change from the Trust/?Tullochs still holding that - only to ownership of the stands.

8 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

The land owner is the Inverness Common Good Fund which granted the club a 99 year lease in 1994. That transferred to the ICT Trust in approx. 2001. Recent announcements make no reference to any change from the Trust/?Tullochs still holding that - only to ownership of the stands.

So we're being given the stands, not the stadium. The BBC headline and title of this thread are a little misleading.

Financially, what do we have to gain from ownership of the stands?

Edited by Caley Stan

36 minutes ago, Caley Stan said:

So we're being given the stands, not the stadium. The BBC headline and title of this thread are a little misleading.

Financially, what do we have to gain from ownership of the stands?

The club currently pay rent to Tullochs for the stands... Whatever that equates to I have no idea, but my guess would be a few thousand a month. That will now not be the case 

36 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

The club currently pay rent to Tullochs for the stands... Whatever that equates to I have no idea, but my guess would be a few thousand a month. That will now not be the case 

Hopefully we will be told at the AGM 

surely the Council will assign the ground lease to the club and with a bit of luck at a peppercorn rent!

2 hours ago, Caley Stan said:

The ambiguity possibly originates from the original press release issued on behalf of the club on Friday. The title states "Tulloch Homes gift stadium to Inverness Caley Thistle" whereas the opening sentence is "Tulloch Homes, the housebuilder which has a controlling interest in the three stands at Inverness Caley Thistle’s Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, has offered to gift them to the club in a deal worth over £6m." (My bold italics.)

But let's not start here on the extensive smoke and mirrors which have been in operation ever since the financial rescue of 2000!

Charles, the club did not issue any press release on this. Kenny only provided a comment.

What the club published can be found at http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1846-tulloch-homes-to-gift-stands-to-club

The Stadium is, for all intents and purposes, the bricks and mortar......i.e. 3 stands (yes, I know that 2 of them have no bricks and mortar). As the land is held under leasehold, it has been seperate to the buildings thereon since day 1.

The £6 Million figure appears to be an arbitrary headline figure generated by the paper for effect and not one provided by the Club or Tulloch. Unfortunately this has caused a great deal of confusion...with one BBC seeming to think we had just had £6 Million of debt wiped out when speaking to me in Perth on Saturday.  When I explained the situation, he as good as told me he'd just have to ignore the full facts as he "couldn't put it into a single sentence".

Whilst there's no doubt that the club have partaken in a fair bit of "smoke and mirrors" in the past, they are amateurs at it when compared to the press/media when it comes to hyping up a story.  Despite the constant claims from the press that they serve the fans and are important in making sure fans are kept informed.....producing Sales/Views/Listening figures have long been a bigger priority than truth, clarity and understanding......what chance do fans have when that's the case?

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Charles, the club did not issue any press release on this. Kenny only provided a comment.

Apologies Don. I was actually fully aware that the release had been made by the Big Partnership on behalf of the Tulloch Group and can only attribute a definite slip on my part slip to the earliness of the hour (well for a Sunday anyway!). I would possibly take the £6 million to mean the capital value or the rebuild cost (?) of the three structures in question, but that's not wholly clear. We can appreciate that Tullochs of course want to make as much PR mileage out of this as they can and no one could really grudge them that. The £6 million therefore emerges as a helpful and no doubt accurate statistic. There is possibly the other consideration now that this is an actual asset that could be borrowed against SHOULD ANY FUTURE BOARD THINK THAT WAS NECESSARY AND SENSIBLE. However for me one big ongoing benefit is that the rent saving is now an annual, guaranteed windfall which makes balancing the books less dependent on selling a player or a cup run or a high league placing or - in extremis in the absence of any of these - the likes of selling the Social Club.

The North and South stands were clearly the creation of Tulloch in 2004-05 but the Main Stand originally went into the equation as being acquired by the ICT Charitable Trust around 2001 as part of the process which included spiriting away a very large debt. It appears to come out at the other end as a transferable asset of Tulloch but hey.... that's the kind of ground I've often covered on here in years gone by, especially with Don before his "conversion":smile: