Scotty

You've got to take your hat off to the lads: Everything going against them and they dug out a draw. Other results didn't go for us, but 2 unbeaten now. Still chances for points in the next 3 games before the New Year...surely the injury crisis has to ease??!!!

15 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

You've got to take your hat off to the lads: Everything going against them and they dug out a draw. Other results didn't go for us, but 2 unbeaten now. Still chances for points in the next 3 games before the New Year...surely the injury crisis has to ease??!!!

This is a good point gained in adversity, ICT seem to be struck down in much the same way as my other team (10 first team players out) Caley need a couple of reinforcements come January, but hard to know if there are any funds left....and how did Ross County get so far up the table?

39 minutes ago, MuirtownJaggy said:

Can't see how we are going to pull away from the bottom 2  places and avoid the drop / playoffs !!!!! By the time injuries resolve themselves, the season may be lost !!!!!

It is cut-throat from bottom to sixth. As long as we stay in that pack, we just need to put a run of good results. 

Agreed, I will take that point after seeing three subs on early due to injuries and being one down.

A tough one next week in Glasgow, but hopefully we get something and get a good turn out against Motherwell to encourage he team on to win the last home game of the year. Then hopefully we go to Dingwall and turn County over!

Great to see Polworth back, but what is the story with Doran: is he one of the walking wounded?

Really poor game overall. We lacked any attacking intent in the first half and seemed to have no plan for most of the game other than lump balls towards Doumbouya and Fisher. It was desperate stuff. Second half was a bit better but still we lacked an real incisive play in the final third. We seem to absolutely refuse to try and use our wingers and try and cross the ball into the box for the striker to attack.

Looked like there was a hint of a handball when Coulibaly took the ball down when he scored the opener. Still, poor defending from Polworth to let him cut back inside and Fon Williams beaten again at his near post. Atrocious marking for our equaliser. Warren seemed to get in between two Kille players and still had a free header to plant the ball past MacDonald.

Injuries really disrupted us today. Doumbouya, Horner and Mckay all taken off. Our reorganisation was a bit odd. Polworth at right back was strange. Far rather have Meekings there, drop Draper into defence and stick Polworth into midfield. He (Polworth) seemed to be one of the very few ICT players willing to carry the ball forward instead of battering it towards Fisher. Massively underwhelming first half performance, slightly improved second half but there's a lot of work to be done specifically in terms of our attacking play. We remain one dimensional, predictable and largely toothless. Think we deserved a draw but there's a lot of concerns there for me from an ICT point of view. 

• Agree 5

Thanks for the feedback from the game. Sportscene indicated Killie should have had a penalty (perhaps luck evening itself out after last week?) and Meekings made a couple of great clearances. 

I remain confident we are good enough to climb the table and ensure safety.

What a scrappy affair! 

All things considered, pretty chuffed with the point. Thought we could have made more of our possession, but also, lucky that Killie didn't make more of theirs.

injuries piling up, just as some come back, more drop like flies! Brad shouldn't be a long term one though? Lonsana looked to have his knee wrapped up! If it's serious, that could be fairly long term....

lets hope they don't injure themselves on their 'staff party'.... 

same again against the Sevco would be nice?

oh aye....whits the crack wi running out of Killie Pies before the end of half time? Not cool!!!

12 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Serious problem when you have forgotten how to win

I'd love to see go to 3 the back and play 3 - 5 - 2 any takers?

I've said this before, and with our injury riddled squad, now would be an ideal time to roll the dice. However, with everything still so tight, I guess Richie will be unwilling to take any unnecessary risks. 

That was the best away day in years. The game was frenetic. It was highly entertaining and surprisingly competitive. I witnessed levels of skill and endeavour that I had never seen in certain individuals before. But then, unfortunately, the Hang The Man competition ended and we had to go to the game. How the feck did Mary Hill get Bahram Fetai !! The game itself was wholly forgettable. Up until the Coulibally goal BOTH teams served up dire stuff. The game only really heated up after they scored. We did show a lot of guts to recover but they went defensive and paid the price. Speaking to Killie fans afterwards they said that they had been doing the same all season. The goal was terrific and I had to celebrate with a piked, double somersault over the seats in front of me - ably abetted (feckin pushed) by King Beastie. And RedCard organised and won the goalscorer award and Warren could have had time to do aturn in the Hang the Man competition whilst he strolled in for the equaliser. The "spirit" certainly was there. Agree with what SuperFan posted earlier. Strange substitution but injuries are taking their toll. Strange to see the Walrus parading around with a huge ice pack on  feckin freezing day and blood oozing from the two others. Tremarco was my clear MOM although Meekings was close. And we have no "teeth" up front.

• Agree 1

Sounds like our away performances have generally been really poor this season, with the team resorting to hoofball up to the target man. Not pretty and not effective. While there have been episodes of this at home too, I wouldn't say that it's been our primary tactic. Why the difference home and away? Is it an instruction from Foran or a general lack of confidence on the road?

I think having a standard number 9 encourages the behaviour. If we had 2 decent fit strikers, it might indeed be time to try 2 up front. Perhaps Cole and Fisher? Options are so limited with all the injuries and a small squad! What about Sutherland?

6 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Serious problem when you have forgotten how to win

I'd love to see go to 3 the back and play 3 - 5 - 2 any takers?

IIRC, Butcher tried this at a home fixture and we got horsed. I can't remember which club it was against though. I'm unsure if a 4 or 5 nil spanking would do the confidence much good. Which match to try 3 at the back? In my opinion, not in our next 3 fixtures - especially away to the wee team on Hogmanay. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Yep I get that no problem TS picking the right game(s) to experiment would be a factor

But we are close to having to take risks and a win would wonders for confidence.

I just think we are plodding along waiting for our luck to change or a match winning performance and our injury issue just wants to make me cry.

I would like to conclude and say imho the players owe their manager a result 

• Scotty unpinned and unfeatured this topic