January Transfer Window

Kingsmills

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

There may be defensive issues this season but it can hardly be said that scoring goals has not been the problem. Scoring goals is a problem and remains so. We may have a forward players on the books but none of them can be described as reliable goal scorers let alone anywhere close to being prolific.

Actually, outside of the top four of Hearts, Aberdeen and the ugly sisters, we've scored the most goals (26). It's that big (40) conceded which is sinking us.

I'd say from the games I've been at it's the shape of the team that's not working, rather than pointing the finger at the defence. The ball isn't sticking up front, and
the midfield just don't seem to be able to protect the back four at all. To my mind, it's players not knowing and sticking to their roles, rather than individual weakness as such.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

There may be defensive issues this season but it can hardly be said that scoring goals has not been the problem. Scoring goals is a problem and remains so. We may have a forward players on the books but none of them can be described as reliable goal scorers let alone anywhere close to being prolific.

Not an easy task and one that we have not fulfilled since Billy McKay departed but we do need a fifteen plus goals a season forward.

You cannot deny the numbers at the back are woefully short. It doesn't matter how badly Warren, Meekings or Fon Williams play they are guaranteed to start as we we have no alternatives. We need competition for places at the back, midfield, upfront we have an abundance of options.       

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, forresjags said:

You cannot deny the numbers at the back are woefully short. It doesn't matter how badly Warren, Meekings or Fon Williams play they are guaranteed to start as we we have no alternatives. We need competition for places at the back, midfield, upfront we have an abundance of options.       

I agree that the midfield has many options but upfront we are way short on quality and regular scoring forwards.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bughtmaster said:

It is quite possible we have...... but.......Little wants to live in Glasgow and I cant see him commuting for training etc.

By all accounts there are a number of Clubs knocking on his door.

Yes but have they taken Ollie into account.

Goodness me he's dogs going to be spoilt for choice up here.  There plenty of wee hills for him to climb up here, plus the beaches, not to mention falls of Foyers, Plodda Falls, Glen Affric as a very small example.

Edited by 12th Man
Phone has a mind of its own
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Yes but have they taken Ollie into account.

Goodness me he'd dogs going to be spoilt for choice up here.  There plenty of wee hills for him to climb up here, plus the beaches, not to mention falls of Foyers, Plodda Falls, Glen Affric as a very small example.

That's what you call positive alternative thinking! 

Bit of rumour about this morning linking O'Halloran with ICT, few clubs interested however so cant see it, however it made me wonder with just literally over a week until the first competitive game of the year I wonder if Richie will be keen to get players in prior to that (training week etc) or will he more patient and willing to focus on the Partick game instead

Can't believe O'Halloran can't get a regular game at his current club. Given the time he's been out it will take him several games to get up to speed which is possibly why he's no longer consider as a starter, they can't take the risk, unfortunately, can't see him coming to ICT due to wages, would be a bit of a coup for the club if they did get him.

On 09/01/2017 at 7:38 PM, CableGuy said:

No idea how much truth in this but rumours abounding were interested in making a move for ex gers forward Andy Little 

I touted him about 3 years ago when he left rangers. :lol:

Believe he can play as forward and at right back. Which would be useful.

As for o'halloran, his wages might be a stumbling block but there's always the possibility of a loan. Occasionally players will have the loaning club stump up X amount in wages and defer the rest as they know they'll likely be getting first team football. Would be a major coup if true. Though I'd be surprised if others weren't interested and able to offer a better package plus remaining in the central belt.

I have said it before what we need is a shake up in mid field I would exclude Ross from this however, mid field is first line of defense and first line of attack we have 2 midfielders who seem to have their minds else where, although to be fair not sure were Vigors mind is, we have a centre forward who is ok going forward but as a target man the ball just will not stick, to be fair again the supply is not that good I still believe however, and I am sure we will survive.