January Transfer Window

Kingsmills

Not sure what to make of this one. Burst onto the Scottish scene with a great loan spell at Motherwell in 2013 but this international journeyman hasn't scored many goals since then and helped Utd to relegation last season. 

Glad we've signed an experienced striker but I'd have preferred the pace and running of Miles Storey.

36 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Not sure what to make of this one. Burst onto the Scottish scene with a great loan spell at Motherwell in 2013 but this international journeyman hasn't scored many goals since then and helped Utd to relegation last season. 

Glad we've signed an experienced striker but I'd have preferred the pace and running of Miles Storey.

A decent signing. Not prolific but experienced and familiar with the league. Who knows, we may have the pace and running of Miles Storey as well by the time the window closes.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

Always pretty tough making an impact after joining half way through the season. Don't think he's any better than what we have already so not overly excited by it. From what I remember he could play out wide or up top. A winning goal at BB would go down nicely, last minute preferably!

Personally, I'd very much rather not waiting until the last minute, penalty or not, to secure victory on Saturday.

• Agree 2

Think he is a decent signing for the resources available. 

What this means for other strikers at the club I'm not sure. And it's really a sitting midfielder and if possible a solid defensive right back we need IMO. Unless the intention is to play him behind the main striker(s) to allow Draper to play further back. Him and Polworth seem to be the preferred fan midfield pairing with neither Tansey or Vigurs looking on it. 

Maybe play a midfield 3 and have a target man flanked by Anier and one with pace. 

Raven has a 6 month extension to January 2018 by the look of it. 

I already had thought he'd been given a 2 year deal in the summer but obviously not. 

Also Cole has loan extended until summer and the Anier and Ebbe deals contain options beyond the summer. 

36 minutes ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

Raven has a 6 month extension to January 2018 by the look of it. 

I already had thought he'd been given a 2 year deal in the summer but obviously not. 

Also Cole has loan extended until summer and the Anier and Ebbe deals contain options beyond the summer. 

One of those unenforceable 'options' we seem so keen on.

Pleased with Anier signing. Maybe less prolific in Scotland recently but, given a chance, he is good at putting them away. Remember him scoring for Motherwell at Inverness in a typical smash-and-grab a year or two back. He scored with a really decent finish in a WC qualifier against BELGUIM on their patch last year ... their first conceded goal of their WC2018 campaign. In a game like that (Estonia lost 8-1) against real quality he wouldn't have had much in the way of chances but he still ended up on the scoresheet.

Edited by cif73

Couldnt hold down a regular starting place at a relegation bound DUtd last season and other than a short run of games for Motherwell some few years ago has somewhat faltered. Not overwhelmed, think we have missed out on better options who have gone elsewhere.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

http://ictfc.com/news/team-news/1764-david-raven-2-year-deal

So the Rave had the option for the 2nd year but has opted for just 6 months just now by the sounds of it. 

Speculating as I don't know details of the contract, but would have been certain conditions which would have allowed him to trigger the option....like making a certain number of appearances or whatever.

Assuming whatever it was hasn't been realised and can't be by end of season, so option couldn't be triggered....either at all or in full.

• Agree 1