January Transfer Window

Kingsmills

1 hour ago, izzy said:

What a vile nasty comment .Shame on you !!!!

I expressed no view on the player's character. He has done nothing wrong. I haven't passed any opinion on his father's character. As it stands, he has not been convicted of doing anything wrong.

I merely asked the question whether, in such circumstances which are very widely reported into the bargain, the poor man is in a position to focus on his job. I know that, in such circumstances, I would find it difficult to concentrate on mine.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

The comment about the players focus seems reasonable to me. The rest is public knowledge. 

Maybe so but why would anyone highlight something so cruel .

Would it not be better to focus on the players football skills rather

than something he has no control over . IMO it's stooping pretty low .

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

23 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I expressed no view on the player's character. He has done nothing wrong. I haven't passed any opinion on his father's character. As it stands, he has not been convicted of doing anything wrong.

I merely asked the question whether, in such circumstances which are very widely reported into the bargain, the poor man is in a position to focus on his job. I know that, in such circumstances, I would find it difficult to concentrate on mine.

IMO this comment doesn't have quite the nasty tone as your original but I still

dont see why you had to bring up something which I'm sure he struggles with.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Renegade said:

Laing I'm not so sure.  I was under the impression he was a bit dodgy.

Sign Laing and the leaking defence will become a sieve he is useless.

regardless of the comments ,McGowan would strengthen the back 4 but is he not an Australian international and would need clearance like the Canadian guy ?

Disaster for both us and player, for such a young guy he seems to pick up his fair share of long term injuries. Wonder how this effects his contract talks as he was due to make a decision on his future now if I remember rightly. How far away is McNaughton ?

Will need to recall the lad Brown back from loan sharpish. We now have in our squad a defence that consists of  4 regular starters and a young loanee from Celtic and lets be honest I would be amazed if all 4 stay injury and suspension free for the rest of the season.  

Really hoped we would have acted in the window in bringing in an experienced defender.     

48 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

We have, apparently, made an offer to Louis Laing although, in our current circumstances, it's a pity we couldn't get Superman instead.

Will just need to get in contact with Brorra then

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Nod said:

Saw this pop up on twitter. Not seen it anywhere else though so doubtful of how true it is.

According to Richie Foran in today's P & J he has not had a reply from him and thinks he is going abroad. 

14 minutes ago, IBM said:

According to Richie Foran in today's P & J he has not had a reply from him and thinks he is going abroad. 

Either Richie very smart in deflecting his interest in case it did not happen OR he hasn't a clue in the transfer market !

Well, we definitely need a defender, but ideally it would have been a better defender than Laing (not good enough for the only team with a worse defensive record than us!)

There can't have been many other realistic options, though, and he's now got an opportunity to impress - which is a pretty realistic prospect given the absence of solid defenders this season.

• Agree 2