Scotty

I just can't agree that it's time to panic! Look at the bigger picture-we're a win away from 'safety' and still only 5 points from the top six.

We need to rally behind the boys, not get on their back's and talk of Richie being sacked is just ridiculous! 

"I'm not going on Saturday because we lost" hmmm...fair-weather fan much....

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Row S said:

The only thing that performance did for me was help me make my mind up not to go and purchase a ticket for the game in Dingwall on Saturday. I hope they prove me wrong but no way do I want to witness a thrashing from our local rivals. I'd rather spend a less stressful afternoon doing something else.

Can only think that the above was written in the heat of the moment. No fan would give up the opportunity to miss the chance to SUPPORT his team in a Highland Derby so readily. These away days to Dingwall have normally become the best away days of the season for atmosphere,singing the craic etc. If you don't have the passion to support your team maybe you should find another interest. 

11 hours ago, Yngwie said:

For those with glasses half empty, an alternative reason to go is that this might be our last trip to a Dingwall for many years

Maybe not they could go  down as well !!!

However only 3 good results allows us look down at the bottom six ,if we start with a win on Saturday .

As much as I hate to say this as he is a great servant to the club and always has time for the kids when you meet him, I think it is time for Tansey to be benched. Okay he scored on Wednesday night, but his (and various others) passing was dreadful. Too often he gave the ball away when in possession. One pass to Tremarco almost ended up in the Black Isle! I am no Ronaldo myself, but keeping possession of the ball and passing to your team mate(s) are the basics. He seems out of sorts and looks like he is waiting for his severance from the club.  Put Polly in the middle in his  and lets see what that, and we, will look like next season when the great Tansey is gone (or maybe even February 2017). 

Ultimately, I'll be in Dingwall and Elgin etc etc backing the team. Come on boys let's make 2017 like 2015, and not 2016. 

Happy New Year!!

I have to say there has been some incredibly negative postings on this. Obviously results have not gone our way recently but while some of this has been down to poor play, I think it is fair to say we have carried little luck this season and suffered from some poor refereeing decisions. We should have won against Motherwell as we should have won against Hamilton and possibly should have drawn/won against Sevco. The margins in the league are just so tight this season that having that little bit of luck can make a huge difference.

I also have to agree with other posters who have criticised the booing of the MOTM award for Vigurs. Everyone knows that the award is sponsored and some sponsors obviously have their own agenda for the award but to boo one of our own players for this is totally wrong. This forum seems to have a tendency for posters to pick on certain players when things go wrong and blame them for all our ills. The continued criticism of Tansey and Vigurs is totally unjustified. Sure Tansey may not be playing at his best but for some to suggest he is not trying is crazy. The criticism of Vigurs seems, to me, to be a case that many supporters don't like him because he left us for County and not on his actual football ability. These two players are not the reason we are where we are this season as football is a team game.

I do genuinely think we are one win from turning the season around, and wouldn't it be good for that to start at Dingwall. Call me a happy clapper if you want but some of the posts on this game have really saddened and depressed me as a supporter.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Huisdean said:

We should have won against Motherwell as we should have won against Hamilton and possibly should have drawn/won against Sevco. The margins in the league are just so tight this season that having that little bit of luck can make a huge difference.

The criticism of Vigurs seems, to me, to be a case that many supporters don't like him because he left us for County and not on his actual football ability. These two players are not the reason we are where we are this season as football is a team game.

We lost to Motherwell because we were poor and created little much like so many games this season, possession and tepid play in the middle or the park or hoofing long balls from back to front when chasing the game dont provide winning positions. Those that reside in the camp where its just bad luck need to look at last season and the DUtd situation where they lost games by the odd goal, were deemed to play well and were unlucky - they went down and we will too.

As a critic of Vigurs, I can say its nothing to do with his former club or even his attitude when at the club first time, its his attitude now - there appears a lack of fight or creativity from him, often loosing possession and failing to track back or even attempt tackles. His set piece delivery is not to the required level of quality or consistency like at times against Motherwell - we can make excuses about the weather or anything else but if Foran persevers with him we need more. Thats not removing blame from elsewhere either.

Criticism of players, tactics or managment seem to be unacceptable on here now, however last season it was all fair game so long as it was directed at Hughes or Dani Lopez (who), although I see Hughes still blamed in this thread for leaving and the club having to appoint Richie. Perhaps some are not willing yet to accept that we have moved to a weaker position as a club through the changes made and there maybe isnt the capability to turn this around crowds are still not improving and we certainly dont have the cash to buy our way out of trouble.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic