Player of the Year - Ross County

Scotty

POTY Voting  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you award 5 points ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Brad Mckay
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Josh Meekings
    • Iain Vigurs
    • Greg Tansey
    • Ross Draper
    • Aaron Doran
    • Lonsana Doumbouya
    • Larnell Cole
    • Alex Fisher
    • Billy King
    • Scott Boden
  2. 2. Which player would you award 3 points ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Brad Mckay
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Josh Meekings
    • Iain Vigurs
    • Greg Tansey
    • Ross Draper
    • Aaron Doran
    • Lonsana Doumbouya
    • Larnell Cole
    • Alex Fisher
    • Billy King
    • Scott Boden
  3. 3. Which player would you award 1 point ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Brad Mckay
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Josh Meekings
    • Iain Vigurs
    • Greg Tansey
    • Ross Draper
    • Aaron Doran
    • Lonsana Doumbouya
    • Larnell Cole
    • Alex Fisher
    • Billy King
    • Scott Boden
  4. 4. Referee Performance (Bobby Madden)

• 1 (Terrible)
    • 2 (Poor)
    • 3 (Average)
    • 4 (Good)
    • 5 (Excellent)
  5. 5. I confirm I was present at this game and therefore eligible to vote

• Yes, I was there.
    • No, I am a numpty, please ban me from all polls !

*** VOTING IN THE POLL ABOVE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WERE AT THE MATCH ONLY ***

If you were at the match, please use the poll above to vote for your top 3 players.
As a bit of fun, we have also added an option to rate the referee ....

Please make sure you vote for 3 separate players.

If you make an error, let us know so we can fix it.

PLEASE ONLY VOTE ABOVE IF YOU WERE AT THE GAME

Anyone caught trying to cheat the system WILL be banned from voting in ALL site polls...this is your only warning.

**NOT at the game ?**

As a result of requests received, we have made a slight change to how these threads work for site users who watched the game on TV or listened to the full game live on the radio .......

You too will now be able to cast your votes, but should do it in the thread below, and NOT in the official poll above. Just list the three players of your choosing and award 5,3, or 1 point(s). You can give the ref a mark if you want too !

These votes will NOT be counted in the official total, as we only count votes from those who where actually at the game, but it IS a way for you to participate in the process .... which many people asked for .... a happy medium we hope !!!!!

• Scotty unlocked this topic

Fon Williams - 5: had thought he was culpable for the goal, but the nick off Meekings was the real issue! Looks short on confidence nevertheless.

Mackay - 7: had a decent game on the whole - got up to support and generally did a decent job at the back

Warren - 5: You can't fault his desire, but he appears to be struggling against pace these days. I don't think that was lost on Macintyre, who played 3 pacy strikers against him

Tremarco - 9: what would we have done without him this season?? Excellent going forward (again) and was on hand to finish well for the first goal.

Meekings - 7: had a good game in general, but I think was off the pitch when the 3rd goal went in (explained the hole down the middle?)

Vigurs - 3: Very poor all round. Poor passing and a lack of effort (but for one occasion when he tracked back). Not the player you needd in the heart of midfield when at the bottom.

Tansey - 6: A little better than recently, but still nowhere near his best.

Draper - 7: gave his all as usual, but was not as influential as he can be against County.

Doran - 8: Worked really hard and showed desire. Not yet back to his very best, but much better.

Doumbouya - 7: Played quite well with his back to goal, but lacks pace and doesn't really carry a goal threat.

Cole - 6: Played OK going forward, but lacked bite in defence.

Fisher - 7: Poached well for his goal, but I'm not yet convinced by his movement.

King - 7: Added some spark when he came on - decent run and shot over the bar and drew the mistake out of Fox for Fisher's goal.

Boden - 6: Tried hard enough, but we've not seen enough of him to really understand what he can offer.

Referee - 7: No real complaints with the referee - missed a few things, but was generally ok.

Foran - 4: Out-thought by MacIntyre and needs to stop persisting with Vigurs in particular. Needs to consider whether 4-2-3-1 is really the best formation, given the players we have and the league position. For me, Polworth, Draper and Tansey at the heart of midfield is what we need. If Raven is ever fit again, that gives the option of 5 at the back when necessary; King and Doran look sharpest out wide, but there's also the possibility of going to 2 up top with Boden and King when it suits.

Really Vigurs 3 seems pretty harsh, especially when you tell me that Tansey was twice as good as him with a six. This is the same Tansey who was caught in possession for the 3rd goal and generally overhit all the corners he took on Saurday thereby wasting any opportunity to put County under pressure.   

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

4 hours ago, forresjags said:

Really Vigurs 3 seems pretty harsh, especially when you tell me that Tansey was twice as good as him with a six. This is the same Tansey who was caught in possession for the 3rd goal and generally overhit all the corners he took on Saurday thereby wasting any opportunity to put County under pressure.   

Not in my opinion. There was a moment in the first half where he had a simple pass to play Tremarco in down the left and he failed to make it, spoiling a great opportunity. As a midfielder, you're expected to put in the effort, particularly when you lose the ball. He didn't. I just don't think he contributed at all (unless you count his spat with County players and the ref, for which he was lucky to escape a booking). I think he's talented, but he's not performing just now. Tansey wasn't great by his standards of last year, either, but he did put in a shift and hit a couple of excellent cross-field passes. Yes, his corners were not great.

NB - I use the full scale for these scores, so zero is an option!

He and many others are nor performing that is why we are enduring such a miserable run, but for some reason he is being singled out by many when collectively including the management  they all have been below average.( The exception being Carl Tremarco).  

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic