SACK THE BOARD

TopSix

4 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

You call an extraordinary meeting and vote for the new directors using your shares.

You'd have to get the old ones out first.  Vote of no confidence? On specific individuals or on the board as a whole? Do the directors have to offer themselves for re-election on a regular basis?

You surely also have to have the replacements properly proposed and seconded, a proper agenda including all votes, etc etc.

Pointless discussion, it is all decided by the major shareholders, and if people want real change it's the major shareholders you have to change, by getting substantial fresh investment or a takeover of existing stakes.

Barry Wilson has suggested that one of these things could be on the cards, and if rumours he has heard have any foundation, might even be essential to stave off administration.

On 2017-5-18 at 4:25 PM, snorbens_caleyman said:

All this talk about "the losses incurred by relegation".   What losses?  Can anyone say what they are, and then quantify them?

If the club is relegated then there will be less money coming in next season than this season, and, one hopes, less going out.  But losses?  Less or no TV money isn't a loss - it's less or no TV money.  Less or no prize money isn't a loss - it's less or no prize money.

The club will have a smaller turnover. It may make a loss - though there is the parachute payment to take into account. But relegation is a fact of life for a football club, and I think you'd be hard pressed to point to a particular loss - an actual loss, not a shrinkage in revenue - and say "that is directly as a result of relegation".

The audited accounts for the year after we were relegated showed an actual loss of over £900k. So what we took in was £900k less than what we paid out. Plain and straight. The accounts are available free to the public on the betacompanieshoise website. 

Lowest point in the clubs short history tonight, compounded by an arrogant manager who still will not take responsibility for his shortcomings.

Shambolic the way the club has been run Into the ground this year with Cameron and Foran the chief architects aided by the rest of the old cronies who schmooz around the boardroom. Nothing much coming over them at full time laughing and joking as our season imploded.

Fecking change needed now get them all to f***k

30 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Given the level of discontent with what is already a miniscule fan base. It would be the right and proper thing for both RF and KC to fall on their respective swords.

No doubt The Builder will come to our rescue or maybe make some think he has out if his love of football

2 hours ago, caleyboy said:

No doubt The Builder will come to our rescue or maybe make some think he has out if his love of football

Doubt the Builder will have any influence when KC goes

More like the Crane man or the flesh peddler will pick up the club for £1

Pity all of these guys couldn't have pulled together for the good of the club rather than for their egos and we would be in a better situation than most clubs of our size.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, rocky1 said:

Pity all of these guys couldn't have pulled together for the good of the club rather than for their egos and we would be in a better situation than most clubs of our size.

That has always been a problem at ICT I just hope things are resolved very soon!

6 minutes ago, rocky1 said:

Doubt the Builder will have any influence when KC goes

More like the Crane man or the flesh peddler will pick up the club for £1

Yes I can see that happening but all these people have huge egos to satisfy so I don't they could ever work together.

I have spoke to other fans and everyone is saying there is stuff going on behind the scenes which explains why the whole Club has remained static. Its very worrying to hear, if relegation is the kick in the arse we need to have a whole clearout from top to bottom maybe its a blessing in a very painful very disappointing disguise?

*Edit*

This is just here say, I would love someone close to the top to tell me its all a load of rubbish.

Edited by Matthew Ward
Wanted to add a bit

Time for Sutherland, Cameron and their cronies to come out of the shadows and tell us what the plan is moving forward. I can't believe the easy ride they got yesterday. A few choruses of "sack the board" and that was it. These clowns are asleep at the wheel and have to be held to account. Absolutely shameful that a board can lead us over the precipice in this manner and then give no indication as to their intentions.  It's clear that  they need to step aside and let new blood, with new ideas, move the club forward.  

• Agree 2

I was looking at the match programme from yesterday and to my eyes there seem to be an awful lot of people taking a salary out of the club which is now going to be a Championship club. Some serious cutbacks will almost certainly be required if we're to keep our heads above water.  

18 minutes ago, Glen Mhor said:

No surprise there then.

Foran indicated that there would be a board meeting within the next couple of days to discuss plans for next season. I can fully understand Cameron not wanting to talk to the media until that meeting has taken place. 

Hopefully, there will then be some communication and clarity about who will or won't be leading us next season - and I am referring to the board room as well as the dressing room.

Pure speculation on my part here, and I don't know Kenny Cameron personally, but I believe he is a very decent man and will accept responsibility for the situation we are now in and see this as the right time to offer his resignation so that someone else can take on the challenge of rebuilding - if indeed there is someone willing to do so.

Folk continously bang on about new investment and fresh ideas,  but these things don't just appear out of thin air. Clubs everywhere would bite your hand off for a cash rich modern businessman with a love of football and knowledge of how to run a club but they are few and far between. 

That being said, had I won euromillions on Friday night we'd be laughing. 

• Agree 1

Apparently board members were seen to be drinking wine and laughing at the on-pitch demonstrations post match...any pictures to substantiate these claims? 

Just goes to show the attitude of those at the helm.  Time for the old boys to get tae 

1 hour ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

Folk continously bang on about new investment and fresh ideas,  but these things don't just appear out of thin air. Clubs everywhere would bite your hand off for a cash rich modern businessman with a love of football and knowledge of how to run a club but they are few and far between. 

That being said, had I won euromillions on Friday night we'd be laughing. 

Spot on. Where do many of the posters think new investment is going to come from. However, the board really do need to set out what their position is re a manager and next season by the end of this week as they should have been planning for this scenario. Sadly, I am not holding my breath on this.

• Agree 1

The board give the fans the opportunity for free tickets to the game and are rewarded by the lack of respect by the youngsters who took advantage with a pathetic pitch invasion and attempt at a protest. Perhaps if they had any sense of how the world works they would see that not only did they ruin the chance to hear what players had to say.

Not a single poster on here calling for the board to resign has presented an alternative option or suggested where the money will come from. Perhaps they need to look at our squad size and distribution of experience to realise the board backed Foran big time with wages and loan signings, perhaps mistakes have been made but I suggest the board other than maintaining faith in Foran have done all they could.

• Agree 3

12 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Spot on. Where do many of the posters think new investment is going to come from. However, the board really do need to set out what their position is re a manager and next season by the end of this week as they should have been planning for this scenario. Sadly, I am not holding my breath on this.

There is unlikely to be fresh investment. That is a forlorn hope.

What is needed, however, is a public recognition and acknowledgement that things have been badly handled over the last two years both on and off the pitch and a strategy for putting things back on an even keel so that we can regain our vital top tier status sooner rather than later.

By the way, what is the point in having a media team who despite being 'volunteers' cost the club a fair sum, when all they do is spin positive news and when there is absolutely nothing positive to spin go completely silent ?

13 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Apparently board members were seen to be drinking wine and laughing at the on-pitch demonstrations post match...any pictures to substantiate these claims? 

Just goes to show the attitude of those at the helm.  Time for the old boys to get tae 

I've seen some mention of this on Twitter but I think some of the YT who were protesting outside were seeing some of the supporters in hospitality after the game not directors or anyone like that.

That said I was quite surprised at the mood of some people in hospitality. There were a lot of sad faces but a surprising number of folk laughing and joking. I suppose everyone reacts to things differently in fairness.