SACK THE BOARD

TopSix

21 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Raging. Here it is on the line: I will not be going back to TCS until our amateur manager is punted. Nor will I renew my season ticket. Time after time this season he's selected bizarre lineups and left decent players on the bench nd hor out of position. We have looked a total shambles organisation-wise for months with an unbelievable array of "formations". No wonder the players look confused! Remind me how many games we've won with Draper, Tansey and Vigurs across the midfield...none. The only time we've looked anywhere near half decent was with Polworth in the hole, Draper and Tansey holding and with pace out wide. And yet you can count on one hand how many times we've used that formation. What about Fisher? All that time we were struggling for a striker and he never got a look in? He's looked half decent whenever I've seen him. Sticking with the likes of Vigurs and Warren regardless of form has killed us and that is all down to Foran.

Gutless board at ITCFC - are you listening? People will lose their jobs either way, but I'd prefer it to be Foran than hardworking backroom staff.

I have heard from a lot of people that they will not be renewing their season ticket next season if things don,t change. With relegation looking nailed on and the prospect of losing season tickets  the club could be hitting a serious reduction in funds. Worrying times ahead i fear especially if we don,t get someone with a proven managerial record at the helm.

6 minutes ago, Dan Clark said:

I have heard from a lot of people that they will not be renewing their season ticket next season if things don,t change. With relegation looking nailed on and the prospect of losing season tickets  the club could be hitting a serious reduction in funds. Worrying times ahead i fear especially if we don,t get someone with a proven managerial record at the helm.

I will happily support my team through thick and thin if the players are giving their all and the club management is reasonably competent. Ups and downs are a feature of sport and there is no entitlement for us to be in the top division. But, enough is enough. Foran is miles out of his depth and has taken a reasonable bunch of players to a destination that should never have been on the cards. There is no way that our squad is the weakest in the premiership, but we are the worst team and we play shocking football. Entertainment is the name of the game and what's on show is far rom entertaining and won't change unless the management changes. When that happens, I'll be back.

• Agree 6

Was that ANOTHER poor decision from the ref today when the press and other fans seems to suggest that the ball was not over the line when Fon Williams scooped it up? If that goal had not ben given then  ICt might have won that game? At least according to Martin Dowden--see below.

And I have had a sneaking feeling for some time now that the power brokers who run Scottish football have not exactly  been overjoyed at the success in recent times of the jumped up little team with heart from the north whose courage and hard work have put the major monied teams such as Celtic and Rangers in their place.

And have these feelings somehow trickled down to their appointed referees accompanied by a nudge-nudge, wink-wink do you think?  Mmmm? Based solely on some of their decisions against our team  that I have seen, which were absolutely unbelievably wrong, who knows?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39536661

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

13 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Was that ANOTHER poor decision from the ref today when the press and other fans seems to suggest that the ball was not over the line when Fon Williams scooped it up? If that goal had not ben given then  ICt might have won that game? At least according to Martin Dowden--see below.

And I have had a sneaking feeling for some time now that the power brokers who run Scottish football have not exactly  been overjoyed at the success in recent times of the jumped up little team with heart from the north whose courage and hard work have put the major monied teams such as Celtic and Rangers in their place.

And have these feelings somehow trickled down to their appointed referees accompanied by a nudge-nudge, wink-wink do you think?  Mmmm? Based solely on some of their decisions against our team  that I have seen, which were absolutely unbelievably wrong, who knows?

Not at the game today, so this isn't in particular reference to today's decision. 

Scottish referees are rank rotten, end of story. If you aren't either Rangers or Celtic nobody gives a flying feck whether decisions are correct or consistent. We constantly hear that bad decisions even themselves out - that only happens in that if one of the Old Firm get a ridiculous decision in their favour, then the other will be a beneficiary in the next game. 

Fans of each of the other 9 non Old Firm teams will be able to point to shocking decisions they have been on the wrong end of all season long.

The officials don't seem to be in any way accountable to any one, and quite what the point of assistant referees is, in the Scottish game, is completely beyond me.

Don't expect this to change any time soon either.

• Agree 2

It's a conspiracy!    Just look at that absolute ball bag Finnie last week, now that horrendous decision today, match officials in Scotland are the worst, clueless bunch of clowns the lot of them.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, caley100 said:

It's a conspiracy!    Just look at that absolute ball bag Finnie last week, now that horrendous decision today, match officials in Scotland are the worst, clueless bunch of clowns the lot of them.

It's really not a conspiracy. However, your last point is spot on. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Absolute rubbish.

• Agree 1

Well, I'm glad that we seem to have got that sorted out. But I regret to say I remain unconvinced that there is absolutely nothing  wrong here in the officiating that doesn't deserve intense scrutiny and fixing permanently. If you don't have fairness in this part of the game you might as well shut up shop and throw the ball to a bunch of wee boys or lassies, depending on which set gets there first.  As I look at some of the decisions seen on the videos this term alone, it just seems that every time there is a chance for the refs to blow against ICT they are onto it in a flash. When was the last time you saw a ref consulting with his linesman nearest to the action?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record I have to admit that rarely is their ever a dispute on a foul in North American Ice hockey because ;-
(a). They have cameras which have  zoom capability built in along with replay capability together with real time video replays on screens in the floor behind the player's benches so that the coach of each team can review the action as well. Then the ref  goes into a huddle with his two linesmen and studies the video. If they still can't make up their minds they immediately phone the  Head Office  in Toronto and ask them to adjudicate by reviewing the video and render a decision. Rarely is the result challenged  because this is as about fair as you can get. The video shows every angle from cameras both directly above the goal and to the sides of it plus along the sides of the rink etc,. It's a very realistic and professional way of adjudicating issues.

And I have hoped that the SFA  would put cameras at least along the goal line so what is stopping them.? Afraid that the referee's deficiencies and incompetence will be highlighted or is it the cost?  Imagine the SPL worried more about the  cost of a couple of  cameras rather than the fairness.

Opinions on the need for cameras please?

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Well, I'm glad that we seem to have got that sorted out. But I regret to say I remain unconvinced that there is absolutely nothing  wrong here in the officiating that doesn't deserve intense scrutiny and fixing permanently. If you don't have fairness in this part of the game you might as well shut up shop and throw the ball to a bunch of wee boys or lassies, depending on which set gets there first.  As I look at some of the decisions seen on the videos this term alone, it just seems that every time there is a chance for the refs to blow against ICT they are onto it in a flash. When was the last time you saw a ref consulting with his linesman nearest to the action?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record I have to admit that rarely is their ever a dispute on a foul in North American Ice hockey because ;-
(a). They have cameras which have  zoom capability built in along with replay capability together with real time video replays on screens in the floor behind the player's benches so that the coach of each team can review the action as well. Then the ref  goes into a huddle with his two linesmen and studies the video. If they still can't make up their minds they immediately phone the  Head Office  in Toronto and ask them to adjudicate by reviewing the video and render a decision. Rarely is the result challenged  because this is as about fair as you can get. The video shows every angle from cameras both directly above the goal and to the sides of it plus along the sides of the rink etc,. It's a very realistic and professional way of adjudicating issues.

And I have hoped that the SFA  would put cameras at least along the goal line so what is stopping them.? Afraid that the referee's deficiencies and incompetence will be highlighted or is it the cost?  Imagine the SPL worried more about the  cost of a couple of  cameras rather than the fairness.

Opinions on the need for cameras please?

Linesmen are a waste of a wage, they seem incapapable of making a decision on their own. 

While NHL officials can use video to review calls, there is still an endless debate about both calls not made and calls not reviewed. There are barely two cameras at games for TV - Scottish football doesn't have the money to provide enough cameras to work a review system effectively. Also, there's no guarantee our wonderful officials would get it right even then. 

We are not at the bottom of the league due to bad officiating or any kind of conspiracy. Our plight is entirely down to a clueless manager, and a lack of fight on the pitch. 

Motherwell appear to have had two legitimate goals not given this year and one illegitimate goal given. Consequently their position might have been better if there had been goal line technology. After the 10,000 seat rule perhaps we should start a campaign to require all SPFL teams to install such technology. My most clear memory of a goal not given was when Andy MacLaren beat Jim Calder all ends up, and even from the half way line it was obvious the ball had hit the underside of the cross bar and bounced down a metre over the line. When the spin took the ball back our a relieved Jim carried on as normal. MacLaren in his 'Tormented' career was subsequently sent off in that game partly for protesting that he had been denied a clear goal. I think the linesperson that day was either caught out by the speed of the attack or sun in his eyes. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scottish_cup/1175779.stm      On a similar note Celtic continue to argue that Josh handled Griffiths shot....................you win some, you lose some but technology could help referees in football as it does increasingly in other sports. 

• Agree 1

On 15/04/2017 at 11:40 AM, 12th Man said:

When you think of the goal scoring capabilities of 8+ of the players picked for the team and the new found strength in defence then you may well be right.

Who are these "goal scoring" players and what is this new found defensive strength? I've not seen much of it at all this season.

17 hours ago, PerfICT said:

Raging. Here it is on the line: I will not be going back to TCS until our amateur manager is punted. Nor will I renew my season ticket. Time after time this season he's selected bizarre lineups and left decent players on the bench nd hor out of position. We have looked a total shambles organisation-wise for months with an unbelievable array of "formations". No wonder the players look confused! Remind me how many games we've won with Draper, Tansey and Vigurs across the midfield...none. The only time we've looked anywhere near half decent was with Polworth in the hole, Draper and Tansey holding and with pace out wide. And yet you can count on one hand how many times we've used that formation. What about Fisher? All that time we were struggling for a striker and he never got a look in? He's looked half decent whenever I've seen him. Sticking with the likes of Vigurs and Warren regardless of form has killed us and that is all down to Foran.

Gutless board at ITCFC - are you listening? People will lose their jobs either way, but I'd prefer it to be Foran than hardworking backroom staff.

I don't agree with refusing to go to the games because of the manager in general, but that's your call and you are of course free to do that, however I completely agree with the highlighted text. As we have said time and time again we have looked at our best playing a 4-2-3-1 with Polworth spearheading a midfield trio of Tansey and Draper. It's absolutely bananas for Foran to have continued to persevere with a toothless, narrow and negative 3-5-2 (or 5-3-2 however you might see it).  We've barely looked any better at the back and we have completely stifled ourselves up front and are even blunter than before. Then we have the bizarre interviews praising the players one week then slagging them rotten the next.

Hughes was criticised by many because of his pig headed stubbornness when he was here. Incredible that Foran doesn't get the same treatment.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 6

Thank goodness for IHE and his often brilliant sense of humour. The last two or three posts split my sides open with laughter.

Now back to the reality of the SPL  with this article  to which we can add:

No!! Not another bad reffing decision. And AGAINST Celtic too..NOOOOOOO! Who would have thunk it?:laugh:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39615167