Richie Foran comments on current situation

Scarlet Pimple

I listened to the whole thing, (after waiting what seemed an eternity on Sportsound listening to drivel about Rangers) and I was very impressed with Richies attitude and determination. He seems willing to accept that he may have made some wrong choices, not just with players but starting lineups, player postions etc. I like to think of the 2nd half of the season as a completely new chapter, and the feeling of starting again. Nothing we can do about the Top 6 at the moment, and as has been mentioned so many times, if we can somehow grind out a few results leading into Feb and other results go with us, we could be safely sitting in 10th or better and in a position to really start looking ahead to the rest of the season and making the best of it. It must start with a win this Sat, as I really believe that a loss against Elgin could be a huge confidence blow before the league campaign has even started.

Cannot contemplate losing to Elgin, think the break can only have done us a favour halting our losing streak. The last couple of weeks should have given us a chance to re-group and start again in 2017. 

Appreciate no game is ever easy but we have a very favourable tie against a  part time, fourth tier club that we only have to travel 45 mins to get to. We need to put out our strongest 11 and rack up a confidence building win, so we can kick on against Partick.       

A great interview from Ritchie there.

The only thing I will say is that "not too high or not too low" is also a management strategy but sometimes I feel that really celebrating success when it comes can have a bounce factor.  Positive passion and a display of grit would be mirrored by the fans I'm sure.  I remember his first win in the league against St Johnstone and the feeling I got looking at how he celebrated, ill be chuffed to bits if we beat Elgin on Saturday! 

Maybe someone should play a few of past videos to the fans showing Richie in action.

That might convince them of the heart in this man, his will  to win for the team, his skill and dedication and  his passion to drive forward with great determination and intent.  These past videos are dynamic in their demonstration of  fantastic skill and what can be achieved from playing with thrust and commitment.   AND....a lesson in attitude to the young up and coming players that can't be beaten.

I am a big fan of Richie. Heh! I  mean will IHE be expecting delivery of a 1400 lb Moose on his doorstep at Xmas. Watch this space.:cheer01:

40 minutes ago, forresjags said:

All very well talking up his playing career, but he needs to cut it in management.

Lets hope he has learned from the 1st half of the season and can turn it around pretty quickly. 

I've been a supportive voice of Richie's since the announcement of his appointment.  however i would agree - heart and will and desire and emotion can only get you so far in life.  at some point, you need the skills required too.  He clearly had this as a player, but currently has only shown flashes as a manger.  unfortunately, he doesn't have 10 other people to deflect a poor performance onto, and in this respect has been very self-deprecating throughout, actually deflecting the blame onto himself and protecting his players. 

the 'results now' business of football also doesn't leave much time for an apprenticeship, so he'll have to learn quick.  however, i do feel, that regardless of points totals, if we were in a different league position, then nobody would be saying a word about his performance, and a couple of draws out of those defeats would see us in 9th or 10th spot.

clearly our lowly league position is attracting negative attention onto the team and management, but we're probably 3 goals missed from 'safety'. 

start with a confidence building, convincing win and performance on Saturday and the league is at our mercy.  we have the players with the ability to do damage to ANY team in the league, as we have already shown, we just need an ever-learning and (hopefully) ever-improving Richie to get the best out of them and string some results together, especially against the other 6 teams around us.

Still fully support RF, but we need more than nostalgia about how good a player and leader he was on the park, we need points on the board and quickly.  

Senior players need to take responsibility  and show some leadership, it's not as if we have lost the core of the squad and had to replace them with youngsters's.

6 points from the next 2 league games and a convincing cup win tomorrow is achievable, which will kick start 2017.  

There appears to have been a lethargic response from the players in the past relating to his performance and drive requirements and in their own output of aggressive and determined energy. Really, it can hardly be described as a "never say die" attitude or sense of commitment to the team, the club and to Richie himself at a point in his career where he needs such a response from his players than at any other time.

So my post above was directed at the players not him. What I was saying , which I thought was fairly obvious, was that the players also have to take responsibility for their own performances but,  if they don't  "get it",  then what?

And, therefore, if it really ISN'T all his fault, then he must try to bring in players whose attitude is matched only by his own aggressive spirit and ethic of hard work ---which is evident in all these videos that I have seen. He is a man, not a mouse.

I am left wondering if some players are taking advantage of the fact that he is a new manager who is, apparently, all too willing to take all the blame all the time for all the mistakes or failures on the park?