Player of the Year - Elgin

Scotty

POTY Voting  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you award 5 points ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Brad Mckay
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Larnell Cole
    • Iain Vigurs
    • Greg Tansey
    • Aaron Doran
    • Liam Polworth
    • Lonsana Doumbouya
    • Scott Boden
    • Henri Anier
  2. 2. Which player would you award 3 points ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Brad Mckay
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Larnell Cole
    • Iain Vigurs
    • Greg Tansey
    • Aaron Doran
    • Liam Polworth
    • Lonsana Doumbouya
    • Scott Boden
    • Henri Anier
  3. 3. Which player would you award 1 point ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Brad Mckay
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Larnell Cole
    • Iain Vigurs
    • Greg Tansey
    • Aaron Doran
    • Liam Polworth
    • Lonsana Doumbouya
    • Scott Boden
    • Henri Anier
  4. 4. Referee Performance (John McKendrick)

• 1 (Terrible)
    • 2 (Poor)
    • 3 (Average)
    • 4 (Good)
    • 5 (Excellent)
  5. 5. I confirm I was present at this game and therefore eligible to vote

• Yes, I was there.
    • No, I am a numpty, please ban me from all polls !

*** VOTING IN THE POLL ABOVE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WERE AT THE MATCH ONLY ***

If you were at the match, please use the poll above to vote for your top 3 players.
As a bit of fun, we have also added an option to rate the referee ....

Please make sure you vote for 3 separate players.

If you make an error, let us know so we can fix it.

PLEASE ONLY VOTE ABOVE IF YOU WERE AT THE GAME

Anyone caught trying to cheat the system WILL be banned from voting in ALL site polls...this is your only warning.

**NOT at the game ?**

As a result of requests received, we have made a slight change to how these threads work for site users who watched the game on TV or listened to the full game live on the radio .......

You too will now be able to cast your votes, but should do it in the thread below, and NOT in the official poll above. Just list the three players of your choosing and award 5,3, or 1 point(s). You can give the ref a mark if you want too !

These votes will NOT be counted in the official total, as we only count votes from those who where actually at the game, but it IS a way for you to participate in the process .... which many people asked for .... a happy medium we hope !!!!!

• Scotty unlocked this topic

I put Llarnell Cole 6 pts outstanding motm by a country mile showed real class great piece of business keeping him till end of season

3 pts Carlos Tremarco great energy and drive. Player of the season so far

1 pt Doumbaya scored the goal that kept us in the cup. 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, IBM said:

I think you are both being kind to Doumbaya :blush: he missed a few today!  I agree with jagster's comments on the first 2 although I just give him 5 points :smile: 

Depends on your definition of "missed". I reckon he had 6 chances:

1 scored, 1 disallowed (wrongly IMO), 1 saved well, 1 off the bar, 1 shot blocked, 1 sitter wide. How many chances did his strike partner have and how many did he score? Yes, Doumbouya could have had a hat trick, but he certainly gets himself in the right areas and he won us the game.

• Agree 3

Currently 31 out of 32 votes have gone to the excellent Cole for MotM. 

In the other vote, Vigurs must have a login for CTO and voted for himself  :lol:

Edited by RossP
  • Agree 4

OFW - 4: Really only had one save to make and didn't. for me, the wall wasn't set up correctly because a straight trundler should not have been able to get inside the post on the side the wall is on.

Mckay - 7: Looked really assured all game.

Warren - 7: A much better performance from him - read the game well and put in some important blocks.

Tremarco - 8: Mr consistency delivered again

Cole - 10: Didn't put a fot wrong all game and scored at a crucial time. I don't often give 10, but he deserved it!

Vigurs - 5: So frustrating! Had good spells and a great free kick off the bar, but was entirely at fault for the free kick leading to the goal and fades in and out of the game

Tansey - 6: Some wonderful cross-field passes, particularly in the first half, but still not imposing himself on the game as much as he can.

Doran - 7: Not quite sure what position he was playing in - he was quite often central, but also out wide. Played well, but just seems to be missing the spark he had at his best. Good cross for Doumbouya's goal.

Polworth - 6: Put in a good shift in an unfamiliar position, but did get skinned a couple of times in the 2nd half. Didn't have his shooting boots on!

Doumbouya - 7: Had plenty of opportunities and scored the winner. Goal that was ruled out looked perfectly fine to me. Could easily have had a hat-trick.

Boden - 3: Offered very little indeed. The one bright spot was his cross for Doumbouya's header against the bar, but against lower-league opposition he failed to take his opportunity to shine. I don't think he has the necessary.

Anier - 3: Should have been on much earlier. Showed glimpses of his pace and got a decent shot off after great control.

23 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Vigurs - 5: So frustrating! Had good spells and a great free kick off the bar, but was entirely at fault for the free kick leading to the goal and fades in and out of the game

forresjags incoming...

BoromirHorn.jpg

21 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Is it really right for opposition fans to vote in this...?  Especially when they pick the players who were poorest for us.

And what difference is two votes going to make?

they clearly aspire to be like us, in the big leagues, as they are still floating around like a bad smell

5 hours ago, 12th Man said:

It also highlights the flaw that you can give a player 9 points

nope. any multiple votes for the same player from the same voter are discarded as are any 'dodgy' votes. If the same person keeps doing this they have voting rights removed. We cant do that in the poll itself but we do look at each thread when counting the votes and take appropriate action. The way our ranking points system works means that the odd questionable vote doesnt really affect things  

• Agree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic