Scottish cup round 5

12th Man

2 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

What are the stats on us being drawn away in recent years?

From memory, we've only had one home draw in either cup over the past 4 years, but I might be wrong. The stats for the Govan Liquidated are almost the complete reverse.

I actually think it's a good draw. A guaranteed six figure pay day with the distinct possibility of a further cash windfall for live TV could well mean that we are able to strengthen further for the remainder of the league campaign. Also, we have a very decent record against them in this tournament especially in Glasgow.

• Agree 5

7 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

From memory, we've only had one home draw in either cup over the past 4 years, but I might be wrong. The stats for the Govan Liquidated are almost the complete reverse.

Actually, not quite as bad as I thought. We have had 2 home draws over last 2.5 seasons in Scottish Cup. So, 2 home v 6 away.

Guaranteed tv game so extra cash plus it's a 50-50 gate split so let's hope that the fans come out for it. Sadly on current form and displays it's probably going to be very one sided but hopefully we still have enough guys in our team who remember what it's like to beat celtic and up their game with the lure of progressing in the cup.