Scottish cup round 5

12th Man

Could have been worse--a home tie with equal prospects of doom without the money. Let's face it, one way or the other the winning team would have to face Celtic at some time in the tournament so the prospects of the money + another game at Tulloch is quite a prize.:notworthy:

absolutely ******* ridiculous kick-off time! who gives a **** about the travelling support as long as the fans of the ugly sisters are catered for!

what an absolute crock!!!!!

and we'll get slagged for taking a piffle support down the road!!!

RAGING!!!

was this dictated to the clubs or agreed with the clubs?

55 minutes ago, IBM said:

Thanks CaleyD I thought Sky paid more 

They might....but the income is paid from the SFA "pot" and the fee to each club playing in a broadcast game isn't dependent on which TV company is showing it.

11 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

For those who aren't willing/able to get down to Glasgow for the earlier kick-off......watch it from the comfort of the stadium for just £7, includes Pie & a Pint.

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1869-celtic-v-ictfc-scottish-cup-live-at-tcs

this is the wrong way round!!!!

the club should be doing what it can to facilitate people to attend the match, i.e argue for a sensible KO time, keep the ticket cost down to allow us to pay for travel, etc.

i appreicate that the club arent going to make much out of this venture, but it appears to be arse for tit imo

• Agree 3

32 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

this is the wrong way round!!!!

the club should be doing what it can to facilitate people to attend the match, i.e argue for a sensible KO time, keep the ticket cost down to allow us to pay for travel, etc.

i appreicate that the club arent going to make much out of this venture, but it appears to be arse for tit imo

CJT running a bus for folk wanting to go but with it being such an early ko I think offering fans an alternative not a bad thing?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

absolutely ******* ridiculous kick-off time! who gives a **** about the travelling support as long as the fans of the ugly sisters are catered for!

what an absolute crock!!!!!

and we'll get slagged for taking a piffle support down the road!!!

RAGING!!!

was this dictated to the clubs or agreed with the clubs?

In all fairness both of them regularly play away games with early kick offs for TV and their fans travel in large numbers 

• Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

In addition to the unattractive KO time, presumably the fact that the game is on BBC rather than a subscription channel will reduce the gate receipts further.

I'd be surprised if we take more than a couple of hundred to this sadly. I wonder what the ticket prices will be like.

1 hour ago, jagster said:

In all fairness both of them regularly play away games with early kick offs for TV and their fans travel in large numbers 

yup, fair play to them, travelling from one side of Glasgow to the other.  it surely should be applauded!

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

CJT running a bus for folk wanting to go but with it being such an early ko I think offering fans an alternative not a bad thing?

i don't disagree, but with our travelling support being so poor anyway, this may just encourage the undecided not to travel...

• Agree 1