Hamilton Away

The Mantis

Vital game for both clubs, defiinition of a '6 pointer' but with 2 teams who wont want to loose and goals in short supply from both sides - whoever wins, quality football might be in short supply. Both sides have small supports and being a midweek game too a low crowd to be expected - its cold, wet, winter nights when the pressure is on that defines whether a team has players with any spine or bottle for a relegation battle.

9 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

There will be  a cash gate, I hope? Accies were still trailing yesterday's game as their next fixture when I looked at their website.

I think there will be plenty room! 

Seriously tho Accies is always a cash gate so no issues. 

Hats (or shoes!) off to all ICT fans who can make it to this. Let's hope the Hamilton fans boycott this one and take away some of the home advantage.

RF needs to really identify who's properly fit for this one. If Drapes and/or Tansey aren't 100%, don't play them (I think Draper's said previously that artificial pitches don't agree with him anyway). I don't say that lightly, particularly in Draper's case, but he was nowhere near fit on Saturday and early returns from injury generally result in further setbacks.

Once he has his fit and healthy team list, then decide the formation that is going to suit the players available. Where there are choices, go with form players in their best positions. For me, Doran is coming into form, so should play, perhaps behind the striker. Raven looked a bit rusty, but quite solid on Saturday, so we have a right back and Mackay did well in the centre, so the back four is good. The real problem remains up front with Doumbouya, Boden and Anier taking it in turns to fail to impress.

Assuming everybody is fit, I think our personnel suit a 4-2-3-1 better than a 4-4-2, but that should remain an oprion if we use fully fit players in midfield (unlike Saturday, when it was full of crocked players!) I'd go with:

Fon Williams

Raven Mackay Warren Tremarco

Tansey Vigurs/Polworth

Cole Doran King

Anier

subs: Polworth, Mulraney, Doumbouya, Esson, Ebbe + U20 defender + Esson

Another option would be to have Tansey as only holding midfielder and put Polworth or Vigurs alongside Doran in CAM. Neither Polly nor Vigurs are natural holding midfielders and Crawford has to be marked out of the game.

RF needs to really get this one right and apply some logic. No square pegs in round holes. No room for error.

• Agree 2

Wouldnt be a huge shock of Tansey is gone by Tuesday and If RF if right we might have 2 new faces by this game - time will tell. I'd go there defensive, park the bus and aim for a point - better to keep Hamilton closer to ise than risk loosing and a gap opening up,

8 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Wouldnt be a huge shock of Tansey is gone by Tuesday and If RF if right we might have 2 new faces by this game - time will tell. I'd go there defensive, park the bus and aim for a point - better to keep Hamilton closer to ise than risk loosing and a gap opening up,

If we don't eliminate that gap some time we will be going down. We have a decent record on artificial surfaces. Without throwing caution to the wind, we need to be going for the win.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

If we don't eliminate that gap some time we will be going down. We have a decent record on artificial surfaces. Without throwing caution to the wind, we need to be going for the win.

Agree. Imho this really is the time for a morale boosting win. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

OFW

Mackay Mackay Tremarco Tremarco

Polworth 

Doran Doran Doran Doran

Doran

Into cloning?

May be what we need!!

12 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Seriously think Tansey will be away by Tuesday? If we can move him on for a transfer fee we should go for it, this would give Polworth the chance to develop into what I believe to be his best position . 

17 hours ago, TheMantis said:

8 years since the famous "shoes off" occasion. Absolutely awful weather, a 20 minute walk from the pub in gales and rain and the most ill I've ever been at a football match. So who's going?

Dare I ask

It's real shame that such an important match (for both clubs) has to take place on a Tuesday night in January. I think we'd be able to mobilise a pretty good support for this one had it been on a Saturday, like we did 8 years ago.

2 hours ago, Stomp said:

Cheers for the warning...
What's the story? Before my time.

I had a wee search as I'm sure the story appeared in the Record or Sun but no luck. January 2009, ICT bottom of the table, more detached than this time iirc. Hamilton take the lead and the ICT fans wave their shoes in the air singing "shoes off, if you hate Brewster" to the tune of "Go West". Brewster was sacked on the Monday and ICT, despite a famous victory at Ibrox pulling us briefly off the bottom, were relegated under Terry Butcher.

• Agree 1