When We Were Good

The Mantis

The guide at Hampden said we got the East (away) dressing room for the Cup Final which is traditionally unlucky but being ICT that never bothered us. Can't remember if he said anything about the semi final.

We played out of our skins and punched well above our weight - I do wonder if that team stayed together what we could have gone on to achieve in the league and Eurpose the following season. Wonder whether we will ever see such a terrific occasion again

Edited by bdu98196

Some of these goals still bring the hairs up on the back of your neck. The Doran one to make it 3-1 v County, we should have been out of sight at half time, then we were hanging on a bit and Doran scored halfway through a chorus of 'wise men say' :notworthy:

42 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

...what I'd pay for a Shinnie/Mckay combo these days: All our problems would disappear!

No so sure ,the pair of them are no longer the players they were - however we maybe able to resurrect their careers for the right price!!! 

3 hours ago, rocky1 said:

No so sure ,the pair of them are no longer the players they were - however we maybe able to resurrect their careers for the right price!!! 

Sounds like a plan. Hasnt done as well before and after ICT.

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2006–2011 Rangers 2 (0)
2008–2009  Dundee (loan) 20 (1)
2010  Dundee (loan) 12 (0)
2011–2013 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 57 (19)
2013– Birmingham City 67 (4)
2016  Rotherham United (loan) 3 (0)
2016–  Hibernian (loan) 15 (1)
National team
2007 Scotland U19 4 (0)
2009–2010 Scotland U21 3 (1)
2012 Scotland 1 (0)

Have happy memories of this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7143483.stm

I notice in this report the BBC mentioned Michael Fraser's save, but it rankled that it was missing from their 'highlights' at the time (or was it that STV shambles then?).

Recall Strachan being utterly classless in defeat, rather as he is in his 'management' of the national side.

Ten years on, Don Cowie is still able to stick it to the Twins of Evil, I note.