Our former managers

Yngwie

21 hours ago, bughtmaster said:

CaleyD unlike you, of great privileged information, I cannot answer all your questions, suffice it to say that in most cases discussion with the Board would have been appropriate before action was taken, if not, then the Board is guilty of poor management and control. That is my opinion.

Bughtmaster... there are times when the best strategy is simply to stop digging!

• Agree 2

It seems to me that Bughtmaster is fully entitled to his opinion even if it does very often seem to be rather skewed and very much in the minority. He his equally entitled to air his view on this site. It is, after all, a forum for fans of ICT with all sorts of view points. Nor do I think he can be criticised for attended relatively few matches. We don't know his personal circumstances and dyed in the wool fan's, wholly supportive of the club, are not able to attend often or sometimes at all for reasons of finance, geography, infirmity, work commitments and countless other reasons.

Where I do take exception is with his persistent tendency to sneer at and denigrate others, often the majority, who hold different and entirely legitimate views many of which are based on what, unlike him, they glean from a little inside information or see on the pitch with their own eyes week after week while he is sitting at home listening to Open All Mikes sniping at the summarisers for making legitimate criticisms of our style of play particularly towards the end of the Hughes era when we could all see very clearly what was happening.

Worse still is his arrogant and high handed tendency to speak of the 'support' of those he disagrees with clearly implying that he doesn't believe that these people, many of whom put a great deal of time, effort and hard earned cash genuinely supporting the club we all love in very practical and financial terms.

So, I suggest that he continues to post his opinions after all the site would be a very dull place if we were all of one mind but does so in a somewhat more respectful manner and, for goodness sake, when you've clearly lost the debate put that bloody shovel away and move on to something else.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I don't like bullies, that's a fact, the treatment of Bughtmaster with the red dots is an absolute disgrace, that's a fact and his first comment about the board's appointment of RF as a fans favourite is a fact too. We have all seen the  supporters on this forum clamouring for his appointment before JH was even forced out. I said at the time "be careful what you wish for". I had tears in my eyes the day we won the SC knowing how far the club had come and JH and the players did that, those who criticise JH for not recruiting players consider this in case you have forgotten, it was Steve Kinsella who identified those players, not Terry Butcher and the board should have bust a gut to retain Kinsella, I said so at the time. Unfortunately, there is no money in our club, nor in Scottish Football and I will make another prediction which you might bear in mind, half the current Premiership today will be part time within ten years. The only way to survive long term is to have a great coaching staff to rear players which cost nothing in transfer fees and JH was/is a great coach. Instead of panning him you should be thanking him for the greatest football moment most of us will ever experience.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

19 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

I don't like bullies, that's a fact, the treatment of Bughtmaster with the red dots is an absolute disgrace, that's a fact and his first comment about the board's appointment of RF as a fans favourite is a fact too. We have all seen the  supporters on this forum clamouring for his appointment before JH was even forced out. I said at the time "be careful what you wish for". I had tears in my eyes the day we won the SC knowing how far the club had come and JH and the players did that, those who criticise JH for not recruiting players consider this in case you have forgotten, it was Steve Kinsella who identified those players, not Terry Butcher and the board should have bust a gut to retain Kinsella, I said so at the time. Unfortunately, there is no money in our club, nor in Scottish Football and I will make another prediction which you might bear in mind, half the current Premiership today will be part time within ten years. The only way to survive long term is to have a great coaching staff to rear players which cost nothing in transfer fees and JH was/is a great coach. Instead of panning him you should be thanking him for the greatest football moment most of us will ever experience.

Good as you think this bloke Kinsella is,Personally, I would have preferred it if we had retained Marsella.

Edited by Kingsmills

Did anyone spot this interview with Hughes a couple of weeks ago?  http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-inverness-boss-john-hughes-9789274

"Hughes spent two-and-a-half years as Caley Thistle boss before surprisingly quitting in May 2016. But he loved every minute of his time up north and insisted there was no fall-out with
Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron over budgets. Yogi said: “I was quite happy and had just signed a two-year deal but a few clubs were sniffing about including Dundee United.

“I was content and happy but wanted to move it on in terms of players leaving and new ones coming in. I didn’t fall out with them. Everybody said it was budgets but it wasn’t. I wanted to keep competing, getting into the top six and reaching cup finals. There is a great saying, ‘If you want me to make the dinner I buy the groceries’. I have spoken to the chairman since then and wished him all the best.”

I had written a lot more on KinYogi   but the edited version is,  all our Managers had their plus points and sometimes your better off looking for the plus points as opposed to trying to look for the worst in people or hanging on to a negative thought for too long.

We had a big shiny cup for a whole year,  that was pretty good eh and it didn't cost us millions to indirectly buy it.

Of all the different things you could remember John Hughes for, that a good one.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Did anyone spot this interview with Hughes a couple of weeks ago?  http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-inverness-boss-john-hughes-9789274

"Hughes spent two-and-a-half years as Caley Thistle boss before surprisingly quitting in May 2016. But he loved every minute of his time up north and insisted there was no fall-out with
Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron over budgets. Yogi said: “I was quite happy and had just signed a two-year deal but a few clubs were sniffing about including Dundee United.

“I was content and happy but wanted to move it on in terms of players leaving and new ones coming in. I didn’t fall out with them. Everybody said it was budgets but it wasn’t. I wanted to keep competing, getting into the top six and reaching cup finals. There is a great saying, ‘If you want me to make the dinner I buy the groceries’. I have spoken to the chairman since then and wished him all the best.”

:lol::lol::lol:

20 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Hughes is hardly going to admit there was any falling out. There may well not have been any falling out but at the end of the day he wanted more than the club could offer him in terms of budget and, whilst his ambitions were ones that I am sure every ICT fan would agree with,it simply was not possible with our resources.

I also think I saw someone on Twitter, possibly Caley D Alternative Maryhill, make the point that if Hughes wants to make the dinner and buy the groceries that's fine but he kept buying potatoes and more potatoes and then even more potatoes. It took the chairman to actually step in and buy some steak because the shopping that Hughes had been doing was so poor.

Hughes might be able to throw together a really good meal when someone else has done the shopping but when he's left to get the messages he really seems to struggle to buy the right ingredients.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 7

15 hours ago, old caley girl said:

If you read my post Wythank youll see the only bullying was by our former manager and seen in person by myself. 

Think you will find the most successful manager of our generation, was not short of a few choice words when players were not performing......Sir Alex Ferguson.

Different managers have different methods of bringing the best out of players and by the way 'bullying' is quite a strong accusation,      

4 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Think you will find the most successful manager of our generation, was not short of a few choice words when players were not performing......Sir Alex Ferguson.

Different managers have different methods of bringing the best out of players and by the way 'bullying' is quite a strong accusation,      

I refer you to Caleygirl's post based on her personal observations.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Hughes might be able to throw together a really good meal when someone else has done the shopping but when he's left to get the messages he really seems to struggle to buy the right ingredients.

Still, he walked away as winner of The Great British Pay Off 2016!

10 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I refer you to Caleygirl's post based on her personal observations.

Appreciate you highlighting the above to me,  but what she actually said was that he 'blanked a player during a function' which has now morphed into him becoming a bully.

Just an observation.     

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, forresjags said:

Appreciate you highlighting the above to me,  but what she actually said was that he 'blanked a player during a function' which has now morphed into him becoming a bully.

Just an observation.     

He blanked him during a function but had been blanking him for months according to said player. Ok Ive only his word for it but didnt see any evidence to disbelieve him. So yeh I think that could be construed as work place bullying yeh???

Anyway this is now out of context from my original full post so Im leaving this here. 

Edited by old caley girl
Added text to post