Keep Yer Shoes On

ictfcsince94

Im actually feeling a bit more upbeat today and believe we can turn this around. 

Richie has now joined the rest of us in realising we are in a fight. No more top 6 mentions. Lets hope everyone can pick themselves up, roll up their sleeves and work hard to get us out of this mess!

• Agree 5

SAaturday is a big big match for Richie, the team and us all. If we are going to get out of this we all have to be pulling in the same direction and pulling hard. Hamilton was a hard one to take but we do have our once talismatic forward back.

It won't be easy to turn things around but a win against Dundee in front of a decent and supportive crowd would be a good start.

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

i can see the crowd turning and the heads dropping if we lose an early goal.  Lets hope they've been working on defensive issues this week in training

Losing the early (or at least first goal) is a MASSIVE issue for us.

We've conceded the opening goal in a staggering 74% of our matches this season and have been in a losing position at half time in over 60% of our games so far. We're being outscored by a factor of 2:1 in the first half.

Unfortunately as soon as something goes wrong the fans are on top of the players and seldom get behind them. Obviously some of the stuff served up recently has been mince but it is a bit disappointing that some seem to be more than willing to be vocal in their criticism but seldom give the same amount level of support to the team.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 6

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

Unfortunately as soon as something goes wrong the fans are on top of the players and seldom get behind them. Obviously some of the stuff served up recently has been mince but it is a bit disappointing that some seem to be more than willing to be vocal in their criticism but seldom give the same amount level of support to the team.

Agree.  Much happier to be vocal in voicing their disapproval of individual or collective mistakes, but less willing to stand up and sing-on the boys.  I've a feeling I'm going to have to not sit in my normal seat, as I could be swinging for the old codgers behind me with their tutting and sighing!!!

I don't know if it's to do with the level of conviction, but the away support is generally more fair and consistent and encouraging on the whole.  and it boggles my mind that 200 of us can create just as good an atmosphere and noise as 3000?! too many "sweetie rustling happy clappers"? :wink:

well, even those sweetie rustlers need to get off their collective erses on Saturday and get behind our boys!!!

MON CALEY EH?!!!!

• Agree 1

We can win this game I have confidence, but we need to get the ball down and play. Think one of best post's recently was that RF was trying to hard to win games, I can see what they were saying. There is no need to get the ball forward quickly all of the time, have a bit of patience.

To be fair Tuesday was a complete nightmare, maybe even a wee bit of a fluke result on Hamilton's part. Although we haven't been winning we haven't been turned over regularly either, most games we have lost are by the odd goal.  

Cut out the errors and we will get 3 points on Saturday and RF can at last enjoy a Saturday night.         

• Agree 1

Based on the poll about management we should definitely be keeping our shoes on. We as a majority are backing the manager and let that sound loud and clear.

We are not at crisis point yet and we are all trying to live on a small budget to be sustainable. Keep believing, imagine ourselves pulling out of this situation and how daft you might feel calling for the managers head having escaped relegation.

No team EVER escaped relegation by negativity, so keep the head up and dont forget that.  Any business that survives adversity visualised itself in that position of better times. Think of the euphoria of winning the playoff.

Positive and passionate grit is a very dangerous weapon indeed, so lets use it when we are given the chance.

• Agree 4

my son and I are first time season ticket holders and do try to sing along with the young team, but it really surprises me that most don't bother, but in fact boo every miss placed pass or tackle, we all need to get behind the lads, hopefully if we can provide some atmosphere on Saturday they might just feed off it!

• Agree 4

24 minutes ago, ICT_Stew said:

my son and I are first time season ticket holders and do try to sing along with the young team, but it really surprises me that most don't bother, but in fact boo every miss placed pass or tackle, we all need to get behind the lads, hopefully if we can provide some atmosphere on Saturday they might just feed off it!

This is a bug-bear of mine. It really winds me up! Let's hope the recurring theme of 'let's get behind them' actually transpires into a decent non morgue-like atmosphere! Let's make it a horrible place for the dungdee to come to. Fortress Dumpio!! 

• Agree 1

We are the traditional slow starters remember. We are going to beat Dundee when we need it most. We have 15 Games still to go in the league and none of the bottom 7 are running away from us to quickly. We just need a wee bit of luck.....Nick Ross own goal double? Billy to start scoring on his homecoming?

I BELIEVE. 

Keep dreaming we will be the first domestic team to beat Celtic this season too, although would rather the league than cup tbh - 1 nil by the way.

• Agree 1

As has been said earlier we must score first on Saturday to steady the nerves and get the confidence going.  A win against Dundee will stop the rot and set us up for the remaining games.

Every player must to take responsibility for defending and fight to get the ball back.  How many goals have we lost from set pieces this season - too many.

It is in our own hands to get out of the relegation places.  This Saturday must be the first step in the battle to go up the table.  I will be giving the team and management my full support to turn things around.  We have the players that can do the job for us and they must start believing in themselves.

31 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

As has been said earlier we must score first on Saturday to steady the nerves and get the confidence going.

I honestly don't think our players would know what to do if they scored first!

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

*bump

Ladies and Gents, today was a great result against Hearts. There have been many times in our history where a draw against one of Scotlands biggest clubs would have been headline news, so let's celebrate that achievement.

Let the great result today reinforce the belief in Ritchie and the lads. We have games against The Rangers and Celtic where we have no expectation at all and we already have one point in that bag more than anyone gave us credit for. 

Hamilton have: Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, The Rangers, St Johnstone in their next five games. 

I absolutely believe we can make up the two points difference to overtake Hamilton in at least these five games! 

• Agree 7

On 18/02/2017 at 10:52 PM, Northern_jaggie said:

*bump

Ladies and Gents, today was a great result against Hearts. There have been many times in our history where a draw against one of Scotlands biggest clubs would have been headline news, so let's celebrate that achievement.

Let the great result today reinforce the belief in Ritchie and the lads. We have games against The Rangers and Celtic where we have no expectation at all and we already have one point in that bag more than anyone gave us credit for. 

Hamilton have: Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, The Rangers, St Johnstone in their next five games. 

I absolutely believe we can make up the two points difference to overtake Hamilton in at least these five games! 

How right you were, NJ, how right you were!