Jam Tarts Starting IX

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Yes it could be an IX and not a XI - Does that give some players an opportunity to stake a place and improve our level of performance. The pitch also looked horrendous against Hibs and dare I say it, could favour the hoof.

How Foran will play it :

OFW

Raven  Draper  McCart  Tremarco

King  Tansey Cole Mulraney

Mckay  Anier

How I would play it:

OFW

Raven  Draper  McCart  Tremarco

King  Polworth Cole

Anier

Mckay  Fisher

How IHE would play it:

Calder

Raven  Milroy  McCart Tremarco

King Polworth  Anier Bingham

Urquhart  Mckay

• Agree 3

OFW

Raven McCart Tremarco

Polly  Draper Tansey Cole

Mulraney                        Mckay

Fisher

Somehow with the limitations we have, we need to park the bus. Have Draper and Tansey try protect the back 3 as much as possible. Try use Fisher as a target man to hold up the ball and use the pace of Mulraney and Mckay to get up in support on the break.

• Agree 1

OFW

RAVEN MCCART DRAPER GILCHRIST TREMARCO

POLLY TANSEY

COLE

EBBE MCKAY

Effectively a back 7! Cole has to be the Tansey-of-old roll : control distribution, play the right ball etc. playing Ebbe with King Billy purely for his energy, so we can employ the high press.

Impossible to beat must be the imperative here, a draw is a great result, so..lets not try and leave ourself with a mountain to climb again.  i will be more than happy to watch a miserable, dire, 0-0! i really wouldnt be disappointed if we employed the yogi possession tactics...

Stick some of the yungsters (if we have any left) on the bench, if we're getting tanned, give them a run out for the craic! 

Edited by ictfcsince94

56 minutes ago, TopSix said:

Will the Gorgie lounge be open for us? Would be nice to head there, seeing as this will probably be our last trip to Tynecastle for a while. 

Dont think they still do that? The lady that used to arrange 4 us lost her job when they went into admin. 

Do we really have XI for this one? God knows how to set up....

OFW

Raven Draper McCart Tremarco

Polworth Tansey

Mulraney Doran Cole

Mackay

aaaah - I see that's the same as Rig! How original of me. Perhaps it shows that we only have one option!

I reckon Foran will go:

OFW

Mulraney Polworth Tansey Cole

Anier Mackay

.....and we'll get pumped.

Edited by PerfICT

35 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Could Fisher be re-invented as a centre-back?  Draper's always looked a bit dodgy back there.

I would normally be reluctant to put Draper in defence just incase his sheer strength concedes a penalty but this time I think he could be the main man to subdue Bjorn Again. 

OFW

PerfICT Tansey 

Doran.                              Cole

Anier

Mackay

A floating 4,2,3,1 Changing to a 2,4,2,1,1 in attack.

1,. 1,. 1,. 1

1           1

1.      1

On the counter attack from OFWs kick, 6 seconds to wide player to strikers.

Hearts need the points as much as us, it's a home game for them so counter attack.

We got caught out on a plastic pitch the other week but will be playing on a pitch similar to Fort George.

Have a good feeling about the outcome of the match.

Edited by 12th Man

4 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

OFW

Vigurs Tansey 

Doran.                              Cole

Anier

Mackay

A floating 4,2,3,1 Changing to a 2,4,2,1,1 in attack.

1,. 1,. 1,. 1

1           1

1.      1

Hearts need the points as much as us, it's a home game for them so counter attack.

We got caught out on a plastic pitch the other week but will be playing on a pitch similar to Fort George.

Have a good feeling about the outcome of the match.

Vigurs is suspended is he not?

8 hours ago, PerfICT said:

Vigurs is suspended is he not?

There is a God after all. For those vilifying anyone criticising his critics, see his involvement in most of the goals against Celtic. Absolute waste of space, barely jogging back to help when all around him are trying to cover areas where he should be covering. Get him out of here and free up a wage. Plenty of skill, but no use if he is not going to apply himself.

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, forresjags said:

Would have to play Mark Brown and Dennis Wyness bet they could still cut it in the current set up..

Billy King is he available ? 

Do we know if tickets are available at Tynecastle?l  

I would get in touch with Hearts asap.

I'm still trying to find out what happend to my Celtic match ticket.

30 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

There is a God after all. For those vilifying anyone criticising his critics, see his involvement in most of the goals against Celtic. Absolute waste of space, barely jogging back to help when all around him are trying to cover areas where he should be covering. Get him out of here and free up a wage. Plenty of skill, but no use if he is not going to apply himself.

I take it he didn't have a good game, I didn't see the match as was heading up the A9 at the time.

11 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Have you watched OFW kicking this season, usually aimless punts upfield which rarely find a man if they stay in the park................not sure that tactic will help unless us

Agree with Anier comments, he had a spell of about 15-20 mins against Dundee where he looked not too bad, but considering him and Mckay played together before there seems no real understanding. At the time of signing I questioned whether he was what we needed based on recent records - perhaps he may come good but or kick on in a team that flying but not sure he is better than the options we already had.

Start Fisher instead has more pace, finds space and more dynamic with his non stop running. Noticed yesterday he did'nt even get a run-out with the development squad!. Think time to play our best players if we want to stay up!!!.

Edited by CaleyMax
Mistake