Phased / Discounted Tickets

RiG

On P & B I see that Aberdeen are offering fans the chance to pick up tickets for their home game against Motherwell next month with certain discounts if they buy before certain dates. If fans pick up a ticket now they can get 50% off the cost of the ticket and this reduces the closer it gets to the game (a bit like picking up cheap train tickets in advance compared to buying them on the day of travel).

Could this potentially be something that ICT could offer and would you be more inclined to go along if such a scheme operated? It will be interesting to see what kind of effect, if any, this Aberdeen scheme has on the crowd.

http://www.afc.co.uk/tickets/9157.php#.WKrOiFWLRhE

I see Aberdeen have four home Saturday fixtures in a row and this is the third match straight after the quarter final with Partick.

Not a bad idea to suit their circumstances, I hope it's a full house and they manage to score 8 goals this time round.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, 12th Man said:

I see Aberdeen have four home Saturday fixtures in a row and this is the third match straight after the quarter final with Partick.

Not a bad idea to suit their circumstances, I hope it's a full house and they manage to score 8 goals this time round.

Might be a good one for us to try against say Saint Johnstone or Killie? Probably couldn't offer it every week as you'd likely erode season ticket sales as folk would just snap up heavily discounted one off match tickets unless they were limited in number like the cheap train tickets.

Given we've tried something similar in the past against Saint Johnstone (I think we've done a PWYW scheme) couldn't hurt to try again?

6 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

There really should be big savings for the over 60 community. Especially those in fancy dress,

They should be banned from attending games :wink:

Edited by RiG