"Best Ever Scottish Cup Game"

RiG

Scotland on Sunday is on a mission to find the greatest game in the history of the Scottish Cup but we need your help.

In our regular series, we are asking some of the leading names in football in this country to write about their favourite Scottish Cup tie of all-time but ultimately the decision is yours.

You know what you need to vote for!  :015:

Go here - http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=241612007 - for a wee bit more info and let's see if we can get 08/02/2000 relived!  :001:

And the best night out was the semi final replay at Pittodrie vs Dunfermline, even though we lost (was that not the last time we lost to Dunfermline?)

Always have a good time when we play the Pars  :003:

And the best night out was the semi final replay at Pittodrie vs Dunfermline, even though we lost (was that not the last time we lost to Dunfermline?)

I can vouch for that - I think! It was my 21st that day as well. Slightly sore head the next day!

Closely followed by County's home game in the next round against a flukey Dundeh side who sneaked 7 breakaway goals completely against the run of play at Station Park

Check Mannies link fae that gemme,great day oot,eh wiz still at Alness and Bobby Geddes got us compo's as his Brother in law wiz in the RAF wi us

Nairn gemms

Still think Dee V Hibs 3-3 was best eh ever saw

I am the custodian of a programme from Jags next round match v celtic and it's signed by both teams !! :016:

Speaking of the match v celtic....

although Jags got beat 6-zip,......after the final whistle the celtic fans in the jungle started singing "Thistle...Thistle". This was the only time I have ever witnessed anything like that ! Respect between two sets of opposing fans seems to be a thing of the past nowadays ?

Closely followed by County's home game in the next round against a flukey Dundeh side who sneaked 7 breakaway goals completely against the run of play at Station Park

Check Mannies link fae that gemme,great day oot,eh wiz still at Alness and Bobby Geddes got us compo's as his Brother in law wiz in the RAF wi us

Nairn gemms

Still think Dee V Hibs 3-3 was best eh ever saw

Thanks for pointing that one out HD, and compliments to the Mannie for his efforts.

I believe The Mantis is now custodian of a very rare programme from the 76 game

Just checked and it was 17/12/77. Haven't got the earlier one though.

Speaking to Kenny Macleod in Lewis last year I was surprised to find some people on eBay are bidding over £80 for some very old programmes involving Caley etc and these are often just a single sheet. I also saw a postcard of Kyle of Lochalsh from about 1934 fetched £70 yesterday.

I have to say I've never paid more than £5- £10 for a programme. Maybe that's why the oldest one I've got is Third Lanark away in 1962, followed by Motherwell in 1970.....