Partick -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

If you had offered me a draw before the game I would have taken it so well done lads for keeping going right to the end and taking the point a win now against county would be brilliant . Can somebody nobble Boyce before the game:lol:

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Robert said:

But only 1 defeat in 5 league games since the Hamilton debacle....

Arguably a very good point against both our bogey team and the SPL other form team. I quite like the fact that RF started with two guys up front, although it's a shame Mulraney is missing

Hold on there people -- report to follow but we got out of jail today - we could have been thrashed - Warren's last touch goal looked offside. 3-5-2 at Fir Hill !! Sorry but Vigurs and Anier should NEVER play again. Foran got it all wrong but Raven was IMMENSE - But Draper and Tremarco back could save us and we go back to attack mode - At the end of the day one point I would have taken at the start and we feckin stole it 

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Wow, strong words!

Possibly reactive but Vigurs gave up today and Anier is the most ineffective forward I have witnessed in years. I have been ejected from grounds for many misdemeanours over the years but I could have taken that two of by the scruffs of their feckin necks, paid the  fine and got on with it. Warren is a legend, put 110 % but has to be benched. Raven was 120 % and was possibly the only one that I would have given MOM points to. Although Tansey worked his socks off too and - well poor wee Billy BUT we are still in it 

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Hold on there people -- report to follow but we got out of jail today - we could have been thrashed - Warren's last touch goal looked offside. 3-5-2 at Fir Hill !! Sorry but Vigurs and Anier should NEVER play again. Foran got it all wrong but Raven was IMMENSE - But Draper and Tremarco back could save us and we go back to attack mode - At the end of the day one point I would have taken at the start and we feckin stole it 

Will be interested in your view, but as our record in Maryhill is poor, I see getting out of jail as a bonus.

We have gained a few points with very late goals, which has kept us in touch.

I can't wait for the derby, we are overdue a performance and result against them. I still enjoy recalling the 3-0 win in Dingwall last season, particularly the way Drapes celebrated his goal. 

More if the same on Saturday I hope!

First match since the Hamilton experience.

Why oh feckin why do we persist in humping the ball aerially forward at almost every opportunity? Just hoping for a lucky break it appears although almost without fail the only outcome is giving it back to the opposition. In addition our main striker is hardly going to win anything in the air. Biily looked completely pissed off and I really don't blame him : no service whatsoever.

The team seems utterly devoid of ideas or guile and can't seem to string more than about 3 passes together.

I would bite your hand off for 11th place right now and take my chances.

Rant over.....................

• Agree 1

I wasn't there so can't comment on the performance, but against our bogey team and without our two top players this season, Tremarco and Draper, I will take the point.

The three above us lost, so one point closer.

Still a long haul, but there is hope!

1 hour ago, DWH said:

First match since the Hamilton experience.

Why oh feckin why do we persist in humping the ball aerially forward at almost every opportunity? Just hoping for a lucky break it appears although almost without fail the only outcome is giving it back to the opposition. In addition our main striker is hardly going to win anything in the air. Biily looked completely pissed off and I really don't blame him : no service whatsoever.

The team seems utterly devoid of ideas or guile and can't seem to string more than about 3 passes together.

I would bite your hand off for 11th place right now and take my chances.

Rant over.....................

There was no midfield, so when the ball was lumped forward there was no-one to pick up the scraps. 

That said, it was a ball lumped into the box that got us the equaliser. 

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Agree on many points IHE. I think today, RF's hands were tied by injuries and suspensions, but his faith in Vigurs throughout the season has not been repaid by effort or quality, with one or two exceptions. Assuming Draper and Tremarco are available next week, Vigurs and Anier should be on the bench. I don't object to both coming on late in a game to change things up, but they shouldn't be starting. If RF doesn't learn this lesson in particular, I think we will go down and Foran will be responsible because he's failed to rectify the fault.

Right team next week and we've got a great chance of beating County.

Edited by PerfICT
  • Agree 1

Do not let the 92nd minute equaliser cloud what was an absolutely atrocious performance from start to finish. 

The staring formation, long high ball tactics, poor substitutions, lack of energy, lack of fight and overall body language of the team was extremely worrying. They looked terrified from the start and no one appeared to want on the ball. The lack of passion or fighting spirit displayed was frankly unacceptable from professional footballers who's livelihoods depend on the next few games. 

Richie was a great servant to the club but I fear he is way out of his depth in this role and appears to have very little support from the team around him.

If we play like we did yesterday on Saturday then we're dead in the water.

Massive improvement required or we are going down.

• Agree 3

FON WILLIAMS :wink::wink::wink:  Still looked shaky and I shudder when anything goes at him but his second half performance literally saved our bacon.

WARREN :clapoverhead:  Played on the right of a three man defence for ALL of the game. Give me a break but our saviour once again.

LAING  :wink::wink::wink:  Did OK in the central position. He, like many others, didn't seem to understand our system but he stood his ground and can only get better.

McCART :wink::wink::wink:  Bet he never witnessed anything like this at Parkdread !!  But as Laing he stood his ground.

BRAD MACKAY :wink::wink::wink:  Played in yet another position - like a right sided wing back. And he got plenty of space and plenty of the ball. He did OK but he simply didn't know how to play in that position.

RAVEN :clapoverhead::clapoverhead::clapoverhead: Played in the left sided wing back position but he popped up all over the place. What a gut-busting performance. Eat, Sleep, Raven, Repeat - MOM by a feckin country mile.

TANSEY :clapoverhead::clapoverhead:  Now that was more like the Tansey of old. Like Raven he was clearly motoring at 100%. Only player who looked comfortable on the ball, passed successfully, looked to shoot and very close to MOM.

POLWORTH :wink::wink::wink:  I thought that he put in a lot of effort and was clearly the runner fer Tansey and Vigurs. He did not deserve to be substituted and appears to have become the whipping boy.

VIGURS :cry:  Best footballer in the team - Most skillful player in the squad - One of my faves - BUT if I could have got on to the pitch and past the stewards I would have slapped him. He feckin gave up. DISGRACEFUL and should have been hooked instead of Polworth. But he still managed to get another yellow card !!

ANIER :cry: Sorry but why did he even start ? He looks like the mercenary that he is. Except he is sticking his head in the feckin sand rather than fighting.

BILLY Mckay  :clapoverhead::clapoverhead:  If there ever was a player to feel sorry for - enuff said !!

Took King on in the 62nd minute and played him where ?  Answers on a postcard please.

Took Cole and Boden on in the 81st minute for the ineffectual Vigurs and Anier. Probably saved us the point and we pressed Whistle. But Cole in central midfield !!

Richie Foran said : "It's a huge point today. (No **** Sherlock). I thought it was a very close game (what !!), but we've played against, for me, a top-four side today (what!!) . They are an excellent team, strong aggressive, can pass the ball and have goal scorers (what!!), so it's a big point. I always believed we'd score (what!!) and we've scored a lot of late goals this season. If you put balls in the box you've got a chance (what!! - when!!). It was a great leap [by Gary Warren] and a great finish. It was a good ball hung up by Billy King. "I'm delighted for the players and we're going in now to two home games. Results have gone our way, so it sets it up for a cracking game of football next week against Ross County."

OK lets sum up in a nice, positive manner. We got out of the Jail End yesterday. Any of us would have taken a point. Can see the reason for playing 3-5-2 but why not with King and Cole wide ? Or why didn't we change it earlier ? We were terrible for most of the 92 minutes and 33 seconds. With Draper and Tremarco back and getting back to a well worked system then we can get 6 out of 6 points at the Dump. But I don't feel comfortable singing "WE ARE STAYING UP " YET

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic