Scotty

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

SHOCKING - OLD SCHOOL LOYALTY - PLAY MY UNIMPRESSIVE SIGNING - DEFEND - NO WIDTH - WATCH OUT FOR THE BOOKINGS. Prove me wrong and/or get the three subs ON quickly and DO NOT go behind early

I really should not be so prophetic. Foran is NOT learning and is increasingly looking like taking us down.

• Agree 1

Really didn't like the look of the team before kick off, but to be fair it nearly worked out. Vigurs was having his best game all season before his injury and, although we looked predictably narrow, the work rate and desire of every single player almost pulled off the win. It certainly wasn't pretty, but it's what we need to do in every single game from now on. Clean sheets will keep us up and the defence was pretty sound today.

Just in from game and may post again later.

Gutted we didn't win, as I felt we could hold on. Pity we didn't get a second when we had them on the rack and hit the woodwork. The way we started the second half was great.

Still, only one defeat in six in the league, but turning draws into wins is what we need.

Felt the County goal was a soft one to lose, but need to see both goals on tv.

On this whole, I felt the defence did ok, allowing the full backs to push on more. Tansey was the pick of the midfield, closely followed by Draper. Polworth and Vigurs did OK on the whole, with a couple of decent Vigurs efforts with his wrong foot before he got crocked.

Mckay did well when the ball went near him, and Anier was hit and miss, needing a better first touch, but when he got it right he did ok.

Would have liked to have seen Cole or King come on when we were one up to add pace and support.

Disappointed, but still believe we can stay up.

Roll on Kilmarnock!

• Agree 1

Lets be honest that was a brutal watch.

Been quite supportive of Foran ,but cannot see how he can turn this round . First quarter of an hour in the second half we were good the rest of the game we struggled .

Cannot believe that Foran could not see that we needed to make a change but for reasons only he knows he waited until the 90 minute mark .....bizarre

Playing a back 5 really restricts our attacking options and not a tactic that wins matches and we really need to win .....1 win in 18 is just not good enough .

• Agree 2

With repect to the lack of substitutions - that is another symptom of playing a back 5 IMO. To bring on King and Cole would require taking off Warren, Laing or McCart as well as Anier, and an entire reorganisation from back to front. It is a fairly inflexible system if you need to bring on width. I can see why RF didn't change it when we were winning and it was too late once we conceded. Ebbe for Anier didn't require any change to the system.

I think it's important to realise our improvement in recent games. We look alot more solid. Little has been made of the signings of mccart and laing. Both have become regulars immediately and have helped stem the flow of losses. So hats off to Richie for that. Today we paid the price for not scoring when we were on top. 3 points against Killie is a must. I have no rest of county for the next game, although they probably are saying the same

• Agree 4

Today was the first time that I have lost faith in the team and the manager.  The starting line up was horrendous. Every punter in the stadium could see we needed to make changes after we scored but not the manager. And how Vigurs continues tunes to get selected is beyond me. 

I believe we have the players and ability to stay up but I fear Foran's inadequate management will be what tages us down. I'm off to get pushed now.

• Agree 4

At the end of the day, a disappointing finish, but looking on the bright side, we have tightened up at the back, have stopped the sequence of defeat after defeat, we are showing more desire and grit, we are on a run of picking up results, have got ourselves off the bottom, are within one win of tenth, have made inroads on the goal difference of those around us ( by not conceding as many as others ).

We were in a position every one didnt want to be, and the hardest bit is getting to the stage where you can see the light. I think we have dragged ourselves up to the point where we can see just one more result and we are out of the play off place too. It must give the players a boost to finally see us climbing of bottom, Remember Well and County are on a crap run now, while we are slowely catching. No old firm games from now, just games we can win.

Keep the faith, 9 games and 27 points to go for.    

• Agree 3

first half was as poor a game I have seen for a long time.

we had a spell for 10 mins or so at the start of the second half where we scored a very lucky goal ( tide has turned) keeper diving to left and wicked deflection putting ball the other way into net. then I think it was billy sliding in to hit the crossbar from a foot or so from the goal line. goals change games but not taking chances changes it as well. 2-0 and we could have coasted home.

again we were very pedestrian when in possession and lost the ball easily, so see why foran has resorted to the high punt but waste of time again today  as anier or McKay could not hold it up against a very big county defence. if we are going to persevere with this tactic he needs to take a leaf out of the clach title winning team of the late seventies. their play was to punt to the corner flags for Charlie kennedy and ray macintosh to chase. doesn't go straight to the keeper that way.

we were wasting our time again today punting to 2 small strikers against big defenders. need to get them turning not just standing and playing simple headers to colleagues.

we were holding on as county made 3 quick substitutions and pushed for the leveller.

laing had plenty of time in possession outside our box and decided to punt a long diagonal to the right touchline for billy to chase. unfortunately he sliced it 30 yards short of him for a county throw in, conceding possession. and yes you guessed it, a minute or so later the score is 1-1.

we have to be better than that and see games out in the last 5-10 minutes.

not confident we can stay up this year. time will tell.

paid for 5 tickets today ( 3 season tickets plus 2 extra) why am I so feckin stupid.

Not at the game but have been at the Hamilton and Partick matches in recent weeks.

Agree that we lack any ideas / tactics and seem to punt the long ball incessantly just hoping for a lucky break.

In the past, you always felt ICT could score : sadly this appears no longer the case.

Increasingly looks like 11th is the best we can hope for : RF is clearly not the man for the job, and if we survive cannot see things will be any better next season.

• Agree 2

I don't think we have the personnel to line up 3/5/2 5/3/2, as we don't have an Andy Shinnie or Ryan Christie with pace or guile to break and support in this system. First half was awful, and on couple of times we broke, the midfield were 40 yards behind Billy and Arnier.

First 10 minutes of second half were better, as we had an urgency about us, but once we had the lead, and County were pressing, couldn't understand why we didn't change our shape, at least to make it a bit more difficult for County.

Thought Vigurs was good before he hurt his ankle, although really disappointed with Ian Polworths contribution when he came on. Am a big fan of his but Don't know if it was petted lip time or not, but he doesn't do himself justice with performances like that, he is better than that. Hoped he would want to prove a point, but certainly didn't look like it.

like other posters, am having serious doubts about whether we can save ourselves now. So hope I am wrong.

Unlucky with 1st half bar but rode our luck in the 1st 45. Fairly resolute with 5 in defence but no width without wingers. Vigurs should be commended for the effort that hit the bar but he should have been substituted much earlier. Brilliant start to 2nd half with goal that should / could have easily been added to. My goodness, how often does a team rue missed chances to extend a lead? Late equaliser almost made it feel like defeat. Over the whole game, a draw was probably fair ... but gutting because so close to a win that would have pushed us so much closer to Well/County.

Edited by cif73
  • Agree 1

I have backed and defended Richie from the outset but there is no doubt that the point we got today was despite him rather than because of him. The starting XI and the formation were entirely wrong for the occasion and the point we got was due to the determination and spirit of the players rather than management or tactical nouns which were sadly lacking.

This formation has been tried before and has failed before. What on earth made the manager think that the result would be any different this time. There is a reason we only have four victories this season.

County are one of the very few teams in the division on a poorer run of form and with less confidence than ourselves and had we adopted  a more expansive and adaptable style of play with just a bit of width they were there for the taking.

Even with the tactics we deployed we got ourselves into a winning position yet the manager failed to recognise that there was a need to adapt and refresh to maintain that. What on earth was the point of a substitution in the 90th after our advantage was ceded.

Today wasn't a disaster largely because other results went our way and we still have a chance of survival but not if the manager continues to be so inflexible and unimaginative.

We are unlikely to take anything from Pittodrie so it's vital that we win our next game against Killie. We have the players and the spirit to do it. The big question is whether these resources will at last be deployed with a bit more guile and tactical nous.

• Agree 4

49 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Sorry, I've seem to have walked in on the chat from a different game to the one I was at today.

I take the view that those who actually paid hard earned cash to watch are entitled to vent there entirely justified frustration. Remember these frustrations are borne not merely out of one derby match were a winning position was lost but out watching too many all too familiar performances all league season.

• Agree 6

Just now, Kingsmills said:

I take the view that those who actually paid hard earned cash to watch are entitled to vent there entirely justified frustration. Remember these frustrations are borne not merely out of one derby match were a winning position was lost but out watching too many all too familiar performances all league season.

Nowhere did I suggest that people should not be entitled to express their view.  I was just exercising my right to disagree with that view.....so you can wind your neck back in and calm down.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 5

9 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I wasn't there so I'd be interested to hear what you two saw they others didn't.

I actually thought we were the better team for the majority of the match! We were unlucky not to push this over the line. Ive watched a lot lot worse this season 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

• Scotty locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic