Scotty

ok folks ... everyone is entitled to their opinion, and for others to respectfully agree or disagree with it so lets wind things back on all the personal crap ! 

getting worried though ... we are running out of games !

Now now boys and girls we have to stop all this bickering and the bottom line is quite simply this.

Our performances can be good bad or indifferent but the fact of the matter is draws at home are no use to us anymore

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I actually thought we were the better team for the majority of the match! We were unlucky not to push this over the line. Ive watched a lot lot worse this season 

So did I, although I respect the views of others.

We have tightened up at the back, which was needed. The downside is that there can be too much of a gap between midfield and attack.

When we moved it fast today, we were pretty good.

My only complaint was not changing it when one up. I'd have played King or Cole in place of Anier at that time, leaving Billy up front on his own but with a midfielder backing him up.

We are off the bottom, still in touch, only one defeat in 6, so have cause to believe we can stay up.

And I'm not a "happy clapper"!

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 4

25 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I wasn't there so I'd be interested to hear what you two saw they others didn't.

Was a lot of huff and puff from Ross County, but other than the goal I can only recall one other attempt that looked like it could have troubled OFW.

Whilst not the prettiest match to watch, and with us perhaps opting for a ball over the top a bit more than we might have in the past, I don't think it was as desperate a tactic as some are making out.  Several times the ball found it's man as Mckay or Anier used their superior pace (compared to those marking them) to get onto the ones that made it in behind.

Tansey had a great game.  Really bossed his area and spread some nice passes down both channels and some neat dinks over the top as well.

Our defence was solid....not bad considering it was, for the most part, a 3 man line with Raven and Tremarco pushing so far up the park.

I'm as frustrated as the next person at the end result and it did feel a bit like a defeat, but it is possible to have a good performance and still not win a game.  Sometimes you play well and still get outplayed and sometimes, like today, you're the better team and don't get what you deserve.  Sh*t happens....and not for the first time this season.

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:

ok folks ... everyone is entitled to their opinion, and for others to respectfully agree or disagree with it so lets wind things back on all the personal crap ! 

getting worried though ... we are running out of games !

On the first part....it's one of the mods who seems to have a problem and feels the need to stick his neb in any time I express an opposing view (and occasionally at other times as well).  You might just be right about it being personal and I did suggest some winding back..!

On the second part....agreed, but we moved off the bottom today and that is progress.  It baffles me how some can paint that as a bad thing?!

4 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I actually thought we were the better team for the majority of the match! We were unlucky not to push this over the line. Ive watched a lot lot worse this season 

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that today was anything like our worst display of the season or that we could have or even should have won. The frustration lies in the fact that many believe that, with less predictable and restrictive tactics and formation, could have and should have would have been should have and did.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that today was anything like our worst display of the season or that we could have or even should have one. The frustration lies in the fact that many believe that, with less predictable and restrictive tactics and formation, could have and should have would have been should have and did.

I take the view that those who actually paid hard earned cash to watch are entitled to their entirely justified satisfaction. Remember this satisfaction is borne not merely out of one derby match where the result lifted us from the bottom of the table, but from watching many matches (home and away) all league season.

I agree with Scotty and Ronaldo - too much sniping and bickering for daring to express an opinion on the performance of the team. I wasn't the only one who came away from the game feeling as if we'd lost after the effort of some of the players. We still struggle in defence and we have a few players who just don't do enough to justify a place in the starting line up. Glad we moved off the bottom though, but amazed how we are still in touch having failed to take more than 1 point from so many games.

The support was great today but can those kids stop acting like casuals and start behaving themselves? There was no need for their antics at half time in the toilets and snack bar area, and certainly lying not along Longman Road towards the railway station after the match. About time they learned to show respect for the police and their own fans or someone is going to take away their sweeties and give them a lesson they won't forget.

• Agree 2

Maybe it's you who should wind his neck in. Don't drown in the hype - we are in serious trouble and your job will probably be one of the first to be ditched if this manager doesn't wake up and get our formation right.

• Agree 5

Well done ICT we were unlucky not to get all 3 points. The first half was terrible from both teams but we were on top for most of the second half. Not getting the second goal when we were on top cost us the game. County took their one chance and we missed ours. Of the bottom is a bonus so now we have to beat Killie as our next challenge . A special well done to the young fans behind the home goal I am sure you gave the team a lift with your singing for 90 min . Like many  I was gutted to loose a late goal but  I thought we played ok and I am still optimistic we can stay up. 

• Agree 2

There are not many scenarios that would leave me so enthusiastic about a 4-0 win for the club that continues to embarrass Scottish football more than any other but yesterday was one of them and I sincerely hope they win their next match just as convincingly just as I hope the other Ugly Sister hammers Dundee this afternoon.

Strange times but we need assistance at the moment from whatever source.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

I'll be interested to see the highlights, as I was intrigued in the starting line up, providing two up front and using the full backs as wing backs? Hard to decide if a draw is a good point, certaintly a loss could have been terminal, and depending which posters are closer in their interpretation we were either a) largely comfortable against County or b) missed a great opportunity against an out of form team with tactics/formation that couldn't win us the game. The outcome at least sees as off the bottom and closer to 10th place due to other results. I'm a bit disappointed that the line up we had against Rangers hasn't been repeatable, Mulraney is a big loss at the moment and I hope he comes back soon, and i think Cole is a decent player who needs to play more.

I'd prefer us to play 4 at the back, so I'd be interested on other view as to which out of Warren/McCart/Laing (and Mckay) should play as the two CB's. It looks like Vigurs has picked up and injury now so a midfield four seems to pick itself ...Cole/Tansey/Draper/Polworth, until Mulraney is fit.

Anyway I'm increasingly beginning to believe we are going to be in a end of season play-off...anyone for a repeat clash against Falkirk!

3-5-2 Away from home and then 5-3-2 at home without any recognised wide players - playing two individuals in the second who visibly threw in the towel in the first and were both deservedly hooked - ignoring the three substitutes and change of system that grabbed a point in the first game - giving a reprieve to the match winning but fadin legend and reorganising the defence to accommodate - playing people in different roles week to week. What part of the Coaching Manual does that come from. Raven and Tremarco as attacking wing backs !!

Sure 2 points from 2 games is not good enuff given our situation. Don't know if people have noticed but we are nowhere near a saving run of wins, games are running out, Hamilton have had a run of difficult games but have been picking up points otherwise and hoping to salvage our season after the split !! Shure we got another point but probably missed out by being too defensive minded and not having the ammunition or substitution to kill off the game.

And the bickering is more about personalities and forum power than it is about Feckin football. You can loyally follow and support to the maximum but you are also entitled to shout yer opinion when you feel that the season is going down the drains. For once I can't post the Eagle mauling the Stag because our claim to being the Pride of the Highlands is no longer valid.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

3-5-2 Away from home and then 5-3-2 at home without any recognised wide players - playing two individuals in the second who visibly threw in the towel in the first and were both deservedly hooked - ignoring the three substitutes and change of system that grabbed a point in the first game - giving a reprieve to the match winning but fadin legend and reorganising the defence to accommodate - playing people in different roles week to week. What part of the Coaching Manual does that come from. Raven and Tremarco as attacking wing backs !!

Sure 2 points from 2 games is not good enuff given our situation. Don't know if people have noticed but we are nowhere near a saving run of wins, games are running out, Hamilton have had a run of difficult games but have been picking up points otherwise and hoping to salvage our season after the split !! Shure we got another point but probably missed out by being too defensive minded and not having the ammunition or substitution to kill off the game.

And the bickering is more about personalities and forum power than it is about Feckin football. You can loyally follow and support to the maximum but you are also entitled to shout yer opinion when you feel that the season is going down the drains. For once I can't post the Eagle mauling the Stag because our claim to being the Pride of the Highlands is no longer valid.

Sadly, that last sentence is so very true. Probably for the first time ever they have crawled out from beneath our shadows and there is a distinct possibility that next season, for the first time ever we could be in a lower division than them.

There is still time to put that right but that time is rapidly running out and we need to start being a lot more astute and a great deal more flexible. Richie can still salvage our season and, with it, his own fledgling managerial career and I dearly want him to do both but he needs to demonstrate that he can learn from his mistakes of the past and do it now.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Rangers fan accusing others of being part of the establishment....very amusing :lol:

correct I was a rangers fan when in school 50 years ago. wow was it that long ago. every one in those days was probably rangers or celtic

then used to watch the 3 inverness teams in the highland league, who ever was at home.

ict since the merger and season ticket holder majority of that time.

NOW THE IMPORTANT BIT.

how do you think I am a rangers fan now. I don't know you and I don't think you know you

OH I KNOW FROM MY PASSWORD FROM THIS SITE.

so the only way you could know is by, I am guessing, looking up my  details and then using my data to post on here.

SCOTTY, IS THIS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS INVESTIGATING.  DATA PROTECTION ETC

• Agree 3

It would appear that parts of this thread may have to be moved to General Nonsense. It is about time us sensible, responsible posters put the battling moderators into line. :laugh:

Don't worry Scotty. I will try and maintain the equilibrium whilst you are sleeping in Toronto. :cheer01:

56 minutes ago, bishbashbosh said:

correct I was a rangers fan when in school 50 years ago. wow was it that long ago. every one in those days was probably rangers or celtic

then used to watch the 3 inverness teams in the highland league, who ever was at home.

ict since the merger and season ticket holder majority of that time.

NOW THE IMPORTANT BIT.

how do you think I am a rangers fan now. I don't know you and I don't think you know you

OH I KNOW FROM MY PASSWORD FROM THIS SITE.

so the only way you could know is by, I am guessing, looking up my  details and then using my data to post on here.

SCOTTY, IS THIS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS INVESTIGATING.  DATA PROTECTION ETC

Even if I did have access to where password information is stored, it's all encrypted data these days and unreadable by anyone.

My comment was based on a long standing suspicion following an exchange between yourself and another forum member (who had previous allegiances to the other erse cheek) made on here at some point in the past.

Far too much negativity here for my liking. A couple of weeks ago we were 3 points adrift. Now we find ourselves off the bottom and appear to have steadied the ship. I am positive that we can avoid the drop. I recognise and agree with a lot of the criticism aired here and it is a valid forum for those comments. However can we not focus on the obvious upturn in form and results and be a little more positive?

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, bishbashbosh said:

In this respect, football is very like politics. Just as people's voting habits change as they grow older and become more politically mature, so also do people abandon their childhood football preferences for something more gown up.

But anyway.... yesterday's derby. How different would the outlook of both sides now have been in the absence of that late equaliser? A hypothetical question, however, about a costly goal for ICT and an extremely valuable one for Ross County.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

This was a game we needed to win, like a lot of games recently - and we have fallen short. One win in the league since 26th October is desperate, truly desperate.  And the worry is I don't see a lot of improvement.

The team set-up yesterday was baffling for a team playing at home vs a team dropping down the league, It was stunningly negative when we had creative players like Cole and King kicking their heels.

I presume Richie had set up to stop Cunty scoring and try to snatch a winner, this almost worked - but theory and practice quite often don't go together - ask Craig Levein.

Raven needs to be punted, he was caught out of position so often and using him as a full back come winger was stupid, should have played 4 4 2 using Cole/King.

As for Tremarco, i'm afraid he is a basic footballer that gives 100%, his cross in the second half when his 1-2 got him to the by line was laughable.

A lot of these players are now not good enough, or not giving their all - ie Polworth.

Anyway, i'll be there a week Saturday hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

Edited by caley100

1 hour ago, SMEE said:

We are going to do a "Sunderland" and escape relegation by the skin of our teeth

:wink:

A key ingredient of their annual Houdini act is that they don't stick with a failing manager for very long......

This season, however, they have shown uncharacteristic loyalty and are finally going down as a result.

• Scotty locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic