Scotty

3 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

ICTF since 94..........

C.B may be opinionated but "Obnoxious" is flat out personal abuse. But expressing HIS opinion is his right , whether you agree with it or not, and that's the way he expresses himself . So.? He's unlikely to change now, but are you?

You were on here only five minutes, literally five minutes, and you referred to S.P., in your opinion, as  "being on something". And that is personal abuse also. The only thing that S.P has been on in his entire life is his hobby horse. He's the court jester who tries to liven up a world filled with pain and sorrow, brutality, extensive starvation , murders and rape, chaos and corruption and so forth ad nauseam. In Syria certain factions are continuing to deliberately target and bomb hospitals in order to wipe them out, for goodness sake. Our food is genetically modified, or chemically altered, tasteless rubbish and global warming is a very real threat to our existence, yet countries still ignore it. I go on the BBC website for world news every day and I shudder to think of what is eventually going to happen to this world if this continues. And therefore I come on here to relax and engage in lively, positive discussion, nothing else.

And don't forget that in the days of yore, Court Jesters were the link between the powerful kings of the realm and the other ambitious, lower ranking but often dangerous, courtiers. Picked because they were very intelligent and useful tools of state who were often skilled negotiators and  knew how to get and disseminate information at Court without causing deep offence to anyone. Don't apply for the position after S.P dies since your comments are impetuous and unwise. And I don't think you have yet paid your dues and acquired the knowledge and right to be that critical and very personal.

As for the comments from one of the above members on here about  old farts not having the right to their opinion about Caley Thistle, etc.,  I went to my first game at the age of 11 or 12 in Inverness and have never changed my allegiance to my football team in Scotland, even if I do live about 6,000 miles away. I just found ways to keep into touch about everything. So, IMHO, my opinion is as valid as anybody else's even if old S.P's memory is flagging and boredom is a problem.:whoosh::ictscarf:

Nope, on for longer than five minutes when I made that remark. Which was based on the fact that you regularly post, what in my opinion, is nonsensical and very regularly miles off topic. Here we are debating the merits of the Young Team et al yet you are referencing murder, rape and Syria...? 

Also, referring to yourself in the 3rd person...really? 

6 hours ago, PumpFake said:

I seriously question whether anyone over 35 can truly support the club with the same fervour as someone who has been born and raised as an ICT fan. Who were your clubs before the merger? Stick to using the internet to shop for comfortable fleeces, please.

I am just approaching 60 previously supported Inverness Caledonian FC and you are talking nonsense :ictscarf:

7 hours ago, PumpFake said:

Absolutely pathetic that the club is in serious danger of being relegated and the most active thread on this forum comprises a group of old farts trying to wind up the future of our club.

I seriously question whether anyone over 35 can truly support the club with the same fervour as someone who has been born and raised as an ICT fan. Who were your clubs before the merger? Stick to using the internet to shop for comfortable fleeces, please.

What complete and utter nonsense! In fact condesending nonsense.  I was a Caley fan before the merger. Didnt have a big club! 

I go to both home and away games. I go to Dev league games. 

Im not saying Im more or less a fan than anyone else but my boys (brought up solely as ICT fans) will tell you Im just as fanatical as them! 

• Agree 4

red.pngthread closed : it is really serving no purpose and the topic has been lost amidst the puerile point scoring pissing contest that has taken place. 

• Scotty locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic