Boden & Fisher

forresjags

• 1 month later...

So Foran how do you explain your complete mismanagement of our top scorer and fans favourite Alex Fisher.

We could not buy a win during a terrible run during the winter but you still refused to play him and not only that you went out and blew the budget on 3 additional strikers in the window.

• Agree 6

12 minutes ago, forresjags said:

So Foran how do you explain your complete mismanagement of our top scorer and fans favourite Alex Fisher.

We could not buy a win during a terrible run during the winter but you still refused to play him and not only that you went out and blew the budget on 3 additional strikers in the window.

2 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

It was obvious to many people on this board as far back as October. That says a lot about Foran.

Yes. Given the goals he has scored since Foran decided to actually play him, the decision to ostracise him during our long run of bad run of results looks more and more stupid. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Yes. Given the goals he has scored since Foran decided to actually play him, the decision to ostracise him during our long run of bad run of results looks more and more stupid. 

And not only said with hindsight - it was said loud and often at the time!! Faff off Richie! 

Fisher made plenty appearances before Christmas albeit a number as sub (because Doumbouya was scoring more then). In all that time he only scored once ... against Celtic. His form has improved ... but back then I completely understand why RF was trying others ... and I'm no happy-clapper / fan of RF

Edited by cif73

5 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Fisher made plenty appearances before Christmas albeit a number as sub (because Doumbouya was scoring more then). In all that time he only scored once ... against Celtic. His form has improved ... but back then I completely understand why RF was trying others ... and I'm no happy-clapper / fan of RF

Prior to April, he only got 2 league starts - a win v St J and a draw v Aberdeen.

Same with Boden. I've no idea whether he's decent or not, the only times I've ever seen him is as a brief 5 minute sub role. Seeing as Foran signed him, it's baffling why he was given so little opportunity. 

2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

I also remember us struggling in mid-table, losing the first two derbies, while TB persisted with the likes of Lionel, Stratford and Eagle.

Arrrgggghhhhh   those three names bring me out in a cold sweat!

Did Boden not sign up for three years?

I think it's quite telling that Newport County supporters didn't seem too upset about him leaving, despite his good scoring record.  Many claimed he was slow and lazy and it has come to pass, that those aspects of his game have not changed.

3 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I think it's quite telling that Newport County supporters didn't seem too upset about him leaving, despite his good scoring record.  Many claimed he was slow and lazy and it has come to pass, that those aspects of his game have not changed.

Very difficult for him to prove a work ethic when his arse is parked firmly on the bench..

• Agree 1

Just now, ictfcsince94 said:

Very difficult for him to prove a work ethic when his arse is parked firmly on the bench..

Seen him play several times in dev league. Unfortunately Ive seen nothing to get excited about. Fisher always had something about him imho 

Boden is a bust, absolutely useless.  It's been obvious in every game he's played, he's not good enough for the Scottish Premiership.  He has looked short on confidence, sure, but I think that's due to him realising pretty early in his season that he just couldn't do it.

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Boden is a bust, absolutely useless.  It's been obvious in every game he's played, he's not good enough for the Scottish Premiership.  He has looked short on confidence, sure, but I think that's due to him realising pretty early in his season that he just couldn't do it.

But after the 5-1 defeat to Hearts, I don't think he started another game in the league. Fisher needed a run of games to show what he could do and so does Boden, perhaps alongside Fisher.

If any  player in the squad has major cause for grievance with Foran it should be Boden. He has been well and truly f***** over this year, given absolutely no chance to prove his worth. JH got slated for his treatment of David Raven last year being accused of all sorts of bullying tactics,from many on here but from where I am sitting this is on a par. If Foran didn't rate him why did he not get rid of him in January, when he brought in another 3 forward players Mckay, Ebbe and Anier. Absolutely garbage man management.    

The guy never got a sniff yet he's been written off as 'absolutely useless' based on what exactly, how many first team games has he started and finished ? 

• Agree 1