Post Split Fixtures

12th Man

As the split draws closer.

Its looking like two really important home fixtures for us,  Motherwell and Hamilton.

The most probable away fixtures could include Kilmarnock, County and Dundee,

If Partick finish bottom six which is unlikely then we may possibly have an extra home tie although the chances are quite slim.

Still one game at a time of course but if we manage 3 points against Killy then they have to follow it up with Rangers Celtic and Hearts.  So I expect the distance between 7th and 12th to really tighten going in to the last five.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, scottishhighlands said:

we are going down this season we will never win 3 games in a row  

I'm not sure what you mean there scottishhighlands, but I wonder if you are assuming that the Premiership 11th placers come in at the start of the playoffs, which I don't think is the case. As far as I am aware, the Premiership 11th placers have a single home and away meeting with whichever of the three Championship sides comes out on top in their part of the playoffs. This means "only" having to gain an aggregate advantage across a two game tie.

This format which reduces the number of banana skins for the Premiership side also, of course, reflects the "SPL protectionism" which we in the Highlands, in lower league days, were always very quick to criticise:smile:

SPFL website says the fixtures will be published this week.

Presumably our home games will be matches 2 and 4, which means the last home game will be a midweek game.

I really hope we get County first up, would have to go there and get relegated!

I'd imagine County v ICT and the Motherwell v Hamilton derbies would be one of the first sets of games to be played due to potential powderkegs Policing wise etc. 

6 hours ago, Caman said:

I'd imagine County v ICT and the Motherwell v Hamilton derbies would be one of the first sets of games to be played due to potential powderkegs Policing wise etc. 

What you mean like and old firm Hogmanay derby.

2 hours ago, 12th Man said:

What you mean like and old firm Hogmanay derby.

Nope, not to that extent. Well not for the Highland derby anyway!!