Inverness - from N-W tower of Kessock Bridge.

Second Row

More good photos I would not have wanted to go up the tower to take them :ohmy: would be late 80's early 90's.  Photo 2 shows the BT temporary yard in Henderson Drive (known as Tenco by the staff) we moved there from Burnett Road (now the police station) about 1985.  Photo 3 shows Hangar 5 on Seafield Road (the black shed) which was the store and cable yard, in the early 80's they built a new building within the old hangar.  The new building was opened for all external staff in Seafield Road early 90's and is still in operation. 

On 3/27/2017 at 8:38 AM, Second Row said:

---_0641.thumb.jpg.44f1e93d1cdb47099e3e2156ed78c122.jpg

The large metal building opposite B & Q was dark green which used to be Macbraynes garage and parcel depot, I cant remember what was in there before it was demolished to make way for the COOP.  Just to the left in front of that are the bungalows that I think belonged to the distillery and right in front of Macbraynes is the Tawse workshop built in the early 70's to replace the old black metal hangar.  And for IHE the old Caley stand right in the middle of the photo :smile:

On the other photos how much green space is up Scorguie?  A lot more than now! 

Yes. That Caledonian F.C. stand replaced the one which was burned  in mysterious circumstances? But I can't see the Bumbers Lane though , unless it has been tar-macadamed over and has been re-named?

I can also make out the homes on Dunain Road but can't see the houses on Fairfield road that ran up to the Canal. On the East side they were stone-built  ones and on the other side of the Street they were those which were started about the 1940's as the commencement  of the Dalneigh build. :clapping: