APRIL FOOLS DAY

Happy-April-Fools-Day-g123.gif

Lets feckin hope that it will be a Happy April Fools Day :notworthy:

Every game from now until the end of the season should be placed in the MUST WIN category - especially those at home against sides in the close proximity to us in the league - Kilmarnock being the current prime example.

Unfortunately they are on a pretty good run at the moment and EIGHT points clear of us and clear contenders for a Top Six place. And they will probably be fired up as they have the Old Filth and the Jam Tarts in the three games after us.

And it probably emphasises the dilemma that we are in that you can't help but look at the fixtures of Spamilton, Muversmell, Tinkerville and Dungdee.

So will Mr. Foran surprise us yet again with another system, another team selection. Will he go for defence or attack. Will he pack the midfield and ignore the wide players in our pack. Will he persist with the "old school" and the ineffective Estonian.

Unfortunately I suspect that he will play the same starting X1 as he did against Tinkerville - and the same bench. And that is NO April Fool but Mr. Foran could earn the award of Mr April Fool's Day FOOL. :cry:

• Agree 1

Barring injury (is there anybody who can tell with all the abundant Chinese whispers) - especially Tremarco and Vigurs - and suspensions (so many yellows recently there must be somebody out or on the verge !!

To me it is the same that I asked for pre-Tinkerville.

Fon Williams
Raven Laing McCart Tremarco
Tansey Draper
Mulraney Polworth King
Mckay

5 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Barring injury (is there anybody who can tell with all the abundant Chinese whispers) - especially Tremarco and Vigurs - and suspensions (so many yellows recently there must be somebody out or on the verge !!

To me it is the same that I asked for pre-Tinkerville.

Fon Williams
Raven Laing McCart Tremarco
Tansey Draper
Mulraney Polworth King
Mckay

Agree, IHE. Hopefully, Vigurs' injury(?) will force RF's hand and he'll go with wingers, but I fear he might go with the 5 defenders again....

We've only lost once at home to Killie in the league in something like ten years however I don't have much confidence in us securing three points on Saturday. Suspect a 1 - 1 draw is a likely outcome but this doesn't do us any favours whatsoever. We need to start winning games now.

We have looked a wee bit better at the back in recent weeks but I think that's more been down to Draper being returned to a deeper midfield position in place of Vigurs and it has also seen Tansey come onto a much better game as well. I don't feel like we've offered to much going forward with a lot of punts up to Mckay and Anier with their backs to goal rather than over the top of the defence for them to chase.

Additionally, we seem to be relying on our full backs to provide all the width in the side which isn't ridiculous given our 3 - 5 - 2 approach in the last couple of games but the crossing from Raven and Tremarco hasn't been great and they struggle to beat a man to get a ball in to attack. Warren still hasn't looked great and I think he is probably below Laing and McCart in the pecking order now if we play two centre backs.

I'd really like to see us go back to a more settled 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 set up along the following lines (dependin gon injuries and suspensions):

Fon Williams
Handsome Brad Laing McCart Raven
Tansey Draper
Mulraney Polworth King
Mckay

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 28/03/2017 at 3:04 PM, forresjags said:

Same 10 with Polworth making way for Fisher in a straight 442. We need to have a presence up front to support Billy Mackay.

Time for any alleged differences to be put to one side until the end of the season.

Feck this...... forget what I said about putting differences to one side, get Tansey out the starting 11 and Polworth in.  

• Disagree 1

Interesting with tremarco out whether it forces Richies hand into changing back into the 4-2-3-1 formation. 

I think he would have liked to continue with 3-5-2 but without tremarco it may not work. Mckay would be the obvious replacement but he probably isnt forward thinking enough. 

Therefore i imagine it will be....

Fon

raven laing warren mckay

draper  tansey

king    polworth    anier

mckay

I would prefer 

Fon

raven laing mccart mckay

draper polworth

mulraney tansey cole/king

mckay

Kilmarnock are 8 points clear of us and will be happy to keep it that way.  I would expect them to keep it very tight and therefore we need at least one of King or Cole in there to provide a bit of creativity.  We also need the likes of Polworth and Tansey to be looking to shoot on sight.

I think this is a dangerous game. Killie might still be in the mix for the wooden spoon, but their recent away form is excellent, with 3 draws and 2 wins in their last 5. Presumably, their tactics suit away fixtures - against County, it seemed that they hardly had a shot at goal, but still won. If we want to win it, I think we have to go with guys that can go past defenders - we don't have the players to pass through a packed defence. Mulraney to start, if fit, with King or Cole on the other side. Let's really give them something to think about.

Edited by PerfICT

A fresh Mulraney and Billy  must stretch the defences, swinging balls into the goalmouth consistently at every opportunity. Both guys are fast and furious and have the ability to torment and exhaust the defence. Hopefully the forwards will be in the box waiting.....?

With all that's at stake in this game it could be a cracker. Looks like Richie is going to play Greg Tansey as much as possible before he departs. It's "get points time" so that strategy is smart and I doubt very much that Greg will not respond. In short he has everything to gain by playing his heart out in the remaining matches. If he takes a penalty and scores everybody will be sooooo happy :    the fans, Aberdeen, Richie Foran and Kenny Cameron.:cheer01:

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Relegation pressure has a strange and disturbing effect. Rooting for the Dons tonight despite them continuing to poach our best players. Even stranger and yet more disturbing, will be rooting for The Rangers tomorrow.

Dons doing us a favour - pumping Dundee 4-0 at half time. Dundee not out of the equation yet. Yes, I don't feel comfortable supporting the New Club, but needs must....

FFS: 7-0 loss at home to Aberness for Dundee. Remember those dark days after losing 6-0 to Celtic in the cup? There are some other teams at least as bad as we are - let's take advantage and tear Killie to pieces.

The only worry is that we play Aberness next....and Dungdee's next game is at County...

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 30/03/2017 at 8:21 PM, DoofersDad said:

Kilmarnock are 8 points clear of us and will be happy to keep it that way.

I know what you are saying, but games are running out and we need some wins. This is as good an opportunity as any to get one.

Interestingly, the teams that have the greatest number of draws this season find themselves in the bottom 2 places. Meanwhile, the teams with the greatest number of defeats are currently safe!

• Agree 1

I've been waiting all season for us to really cut loose and thrash a team. The closest we came to that was the 3-0 win at Motherwell but we have never come close since. I think if we were to play 2 wingers plus Fisher and Billy Mckay up front v Killie then it will increase our chances of that happening.

• Agree 1