Inverness CT -V- Kilmarnock

Scotty

23 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

So I have written to Mr. Kenny Cameron asking him to please review the video very carefully and if necessary request the SFA to rescind the goal. I believe this video clearly demonstrates what I claim, above. If you agree you can do the same. Thank you.

Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif

• Agree 2

What seems to be forgotten was King loosing the ball in the first place when he should have done a lot better. It was though a stupid careless challenge by Brad.

One positive thing from Saturday was the composed and classy performance from McNaughton, we could do with much more of this for the remaining games.

Edited by Kind of Blue

14 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

What seems to be forgotten was King loosing the ball in the first place when he should have done a lot better. It was though a stupid careless challenge by Brad.

One positive thing from Saturday was the composed and classy performance from McNaughton, we could with much more of this for the remaining games.

Yes more game time for McNaughton tomorrow night and a full game on Saturday will be great as he seemed to give the team a lift when he came on.

• Agree 2

Well, it looks like it is over to you Caley D. for an adjudication. I've used up my "last word". :smile:

The video I saw was the one for the overseas fans which showed a view from  lower down the park on the left side of the players. Doofers Dad said earlier that angles from the BBC show different scenarios. Doofers Dad is a very reflective  gentleman and doesn't go in for histrionic remarks, remaining calm and factual. Thus he doesn't claim, for example, as some have done earlier, that  Brad  "never even touched the ball."  DOH!

Some folks on here, some of whom should know better, make Smart Alec, abusive comments at the remarks I made but no one has specified the rules regarding penalties and detailed conclusively why it was, in their view, a clear-cut penalty.  Their comments are more histrionic than explanatory.

Manfer, my specs are fine thank you and my last trip to the ophthalmologist a couple of months ago elicited the  following remark "considering your age your sight is remarkable." and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. :wink:  So I now invite you to explain the penalty rules that apply in this case since you clearly feel that my knowledge base on this issue needs updating. Maybe you are right and I look forward to your detailed comments.

My point was that he went for the ball and my video shows he got it fair and square and in the way I described it. 
The other videos on here also show, in plain sight, that Brad did get the ball and then the other player's momentum made him fall over Brad's legs -- NOT his feet which had already passed the Killie player's legs. The Killie boy  was not injured in any way so there was NO direct contact, nor deliberate intent to injure, from Brad. These are facts, not emotional reactions. This was an impetuous and harsh decision from a very poor referee and it might easily relegate our team this season. So think about that, true non-swimmer fans, before jumping into a very deep pool without your lifebelt.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

Och Scarlet you are an awful man :blink: I hope IHE has not been leading you astray :ohmy: where I was in the north stand behind the goals it was a clear penalty as I seen it and all round about me had no complaints about it as for the rest of the game the ref was ******* awful although we did not do enough to win the game! 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Well, it looks like it is over to you Caley D. for an adjudication. I've used up my "last word". :smile:

The video I saw was the one for the overseas fans which showed a view from  lower down the park on the left side of the players. Doofers Dad said earlier that angles from the BBC show different scenarios. Doofers Dad is a very reflective  gentleman and doesn't go in for histrionic remarks, remaining calm and factual. Thus he doesn't claim, for example, as some have done earlier, that  Brad  "never even touched the ball."  DOH!

Some folks on here, some of whom should know better, make Smart Alec, abusive comments at the remarks I made but no one has specified the rules regarding penalties and detailed conclusively why it was, in their view, a clear-cut penalty.  Their comments are more histrionic than explanatory.

Manfer, my specs are fine thank you and my last trip to the ophthalmologist a couple of months ago elicited the  following remark "considering your age your sight is remarkable." and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. :wink:  So I now invite you to explain the penalty rules that apply in this case since you clearly feel that my knowledge base on this issue needs updating. Maybe you are right and I look forward to your detailed comments.

My point was that he went for the ball and my video shows he got it fair and square and in the way I described it. 
The other videos on here also show, in plain sight, that Brad did get the ball and then the other player's momentum made him fall over Brad's legs -- NOT his feet which had already passed the Killie player's legs. The Killie boy  was not injured in any way so there was NO direct contact, nor deliberate intent to injure, from Brad. These are facts, not emotional reactions. This was an impetuous and harsh decision from a very poor referee and it might easily relegate our team this season. So think about that, true non-swimmer fans, before jumping into a very deep pool without your lifebelt.

Scarlett the final adjudication should be the player himself yes? Brad says he was guilty so thats good enough for me. Sorry! 

I see no need to reply really, it's as clear a penalty as you will see. Straight through the player. As for touching the ball. Doesn't matter, he took his legs out in the follow through. You can bet your bottom Canadian Dollar that had it happened at the other end we would have been incensed and writing to Kenny Cameron.

I think you are on your own on this one. If you want the definitive rules, ask the SFA, I don't need to prove anything. Penalty.

I vilified Brad and Billy King in the report for the penalty.

Honest mistake from Brad and this is a quote direct from his own twitter feed, error and all:-

Let the all the lads down massively with a stupid challenge today. A point in the end! Boys Dug me out :thumbup:
  • Agree 1

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, Yngwie said:

1 win in 18 games is pathetic. We don't have the worst team in the league, we just have the worst manager.

I understand the frustration but still find that comment a bit harsh. Rather than the worst manager, Richie is the most inexperienced and that lack of experience is continuing to show.

If we are going to stick by him next season, whether that be in the Premiership or the Championship, we need to recognise that inexperience by backing him up and mentoring him with an astute and experienced assistant. It's increasingly clear that the present assistant is a very long way short of what's required.

The buck stops with the board who appointed an ex player with absolutely no managerial experience to carry the can for themselves after being allegedly turned over(financially) by John Hughes. Whether JH was still on the payroll after he left I have no idea, but RF appointment was a knee jerk reaction to the boards mismanagement of JH and now we are reaping the rewards.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, IBM said:

Och Scarlet you are an awful man :blink: I hope IHE has not been leading you astray :ohmy: where I was in the north stand behind the goals it was a clear penalty as I seen it and all round about me had no complaints about it as for the rest of the game the ref was ******* awful although we did not do enough to win the game! 

That assessment of the penalty incident and what followed pretty much sums it up for me too. We were holding our heads in our hands after Brad's lunge and for a lot of the rest of the game too.

2 hours ago, forresjags said:

The buck stops with the board who appointed an ex player with absolutely no managerial experience to carry the can for themselves after being allegedly turned over(financially) by John Hughes. Whether JH was still on the payroll after he left I have no idea, but RF appointment was a knee jerk reaction to the boards mismanagement of JH and now we are reaping the rewards.

Can't argue with this. 

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I understand the frustration but still find that comment a bit harsh. 

There are plenty of inexperienced managers who do pretty well in their first job, because they have an aptitude for it. The kindest I can be about Foran is to say that there is, after almost a full season, no evidence that has got what it takes to be a good manager.

He inherited a decent mid table team with a solid core and quite a few players of top 6 calibre. His task was to form a new attacking spearhead, which he did by playing a lumbering forward upfront on his own. The board backed him fully and dug deep in January to bring in Mckay in particular, but to little avail. In a league of mostly mediocre sides, we have won only 4 games out of 31, whilst also being embarrassed in both cups.

I just can't imagine that there is any manager in British professional football who could have done a worse job.

• Agree 5

Got you going though Guys, didn't I? :laugh:........ :wave:

But, undeterred, if battle scarred, I'll be at my normal place tomorrow looking at Don's video in front of my computer. Unless the Donald lobs over another Cruze missile and it goes off course due to the hot air generated in this thread that interferes with it's guidance system.

Could happen ....:ictscarf:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1