Aberdeen -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

..Why why why why does Foran  persist with Anier he was terrible tonight again, everyone can see it who were there tonight!!!. Ebbe & Fisher on was an instant fix. So start them or at least give them realistic game time FFS:frustrated01:

• Agree 2

with well and accies playing tomorrow things will get worse before the weekend. well win and we get cut further from climbing out of the relegation zone altogether. accies win and we are 3 behind well and then 5 behind accies. draw and we are 3 points off accies and 4 off well. Failing to see the sliver lining here sadly. Think the night we lost 3-0 to accies was the moment our season was lost. the home draws to county and killie didn't help, It will take an amazing run post split to see us stay up. hoping to get a post split game over before the season is out. when are the post split fixtures out by the way? Said to the pals on my last trip over i don't care if we are playing celtic at hampden or queen of the south at Palmerston i'll still be coming over as often as i can to follow the ICT. Can't get enough of such a fantastic club 

Edited by Belfast Brigade
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Time running out, only 7 games left to save our asses.

Still not too late to bring in a manager who knows what he's doing.

Well david moyes should be available.....sunderland have 20 points from the same number of games down south and he is an experienced manager.  Total misery in our house just now. 

No point in changing manager as its too late. 

Lets just get behind the players and hope. We have a proven goalscorer, we have stopped shipping goals  but have absolutely no confidence and need to play people in their correct positions.  Tremarco  coming back is huge . 

Four wins post break and we are safe but how and where. 

FFS Ritchie!

Another defeat, not a surprise as we don't do clean sheets, the only positive is it was 1-0.

We needed changes from Sat as Brad and King were terrible, but Anier in the starting 11! Two up front against Aberdeen yet One up front v Kilmarnock!

Before the game Ritchie was talking up Anier "he saw a glint in his eye", "he had a great game for Estonia" and to round it all off he was "MOM against County" (really). Anier has been hopeless, he is good at fouling and getting caught offside end off....

He brings on Fisher and Ebbe - yet on Sat Ebbe can't get on and Fisher is not even on the bench.

He drops McCart who has performed better than Warren, he hasn't the bottle to drop Warren who scores the winner for the DONS!

Against Killie, Laing was wasted in front of the defence, Draper played out of position - is Ritchie pulling the names out of a hat these days.

Against St Johnstone I suggest:

Fon Williams

McNaughton, Laing, McCart, Tremarco

Polworth, Tansey, Draper, Mulraney

Mckay, Fisher

3 point on Sat or we are doomed!

• Agree 6

10 hours ago, dave26 said:

FFS Ritchie!

Another defeat, not a surprise as we don't do clean sheets, the only positive is it was 1-0.

We needed changes from Sat as Brad and King were terrible, but Anier in the starting 11! Two up front against Aberdeen yet One up front v Kilmarnock!

Before the game Ritchie was talking up Anier "he saw a glint in his eye", "he had a great game for Estonia" and to round it all off he was "MOM against County" (really). Anier has been hopeless, he is good at fouling and getting caught offside end off....

He brings on Fisher and Ebbe - yet on Sat Ebbe can't get on and Fisher is not even on the bench.

He drops McCart who has performed better than Warren, he hasn't the bottle to drop Warren who scores the winner for the DONS!

Against Killie, Laing was wasted in front of the defence, Draper played out of position - is Ritchie pulling the names out of a hat these days.

Against St Johnstone I suggest:

Fon Williams

McNaughton, Laing, McCart, Tremarco

Polworth, Tansey, Draper, Mulraney

Mckay, Fisher

3 point on Sat or we are doomed!

MOM v Ross county but not selected in the next game. I guess Aniers number didn't come out of the tombola at the weekend.

i actually think we've looked slightly better playing 5-3-2, that's not saying much. We look a bit more solid and less like conceding goals. But it's all too little too late. Richie saying we'll not be judged on games v Aberdeen. Aberdeen aren't Celtic but he is right. We'll be judged on results against the teams around us. We've won 2 games against the bottom 7 all season. Absolutely terrible.

• Agree 4

We've won 4 games out of 31 this season. We need to win at least the same from the last 7. If I was a betting man I wouldn't be putting a single penny on that. Sorry, but we've had it for this year in my opinion. 

57 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

I do not feel we have the leadership to survive this battle. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I feel if we go down we may never get back up.

I hate to agree with your sentiments caleyboy but I do - unless something drastic changes over the summer I don't fancy our chances against any of the current crop in the Championship. We may find it easier to get out of that division at the bottom end rather than come back like we did last time.

Went into that game fearing an absolute bumming but came away slightly disappointed we didn't nick something from it. Not saying we deserved a draw but Aberdeen were very flat for most of the match and we grew into it and had some decent chances to get a goal. That said overall Aberdeen definitely seemed to be playing within themselves after their destruction of Dundee on Friday.

Very defensive line up to start with from Foran. Warren, Laing and McNaughton all starting at CB with Tremarco and Raven on the left and right. Tansey, Draper and Polworth in the middle and Mckay and Anier up front. The lack of width in the side was evident throughout the opening period of the game. Any time the likes of Tansey got the ball in the midfield we looked to the wide areas for support and Raven / Tremarco were often too far up the pitch or too far back to offer us the chance to stretch the Aberdeen rearguard.

When Aberdeen attacked they went down the flanks doubling up on our full backs which often meant that one of the midfield three were having to come across to help defend which opened up space in the middle of the pitch for Shinnie, McLean etc to drive into.

Aberdeen goal was pretty untidy from an ICT point of view. Defence struggled to clear a corner and the ball seemed to ricochet in off Warren under pressure from Considine and Taylor. Best chance of the first half for ICT was created by Polworth who surged through the middle and played a nice ball to Mckay inside the box but Lewis was able to save. It was a rare moment of football from ICT in the first half with our main tactic normally consisting of leathering the ball in the vague direction of Mckay or Anier which was easily defended by Taylor and O'Connor.

Second half Aberdeen clearly eased off and we started to grow into the game a bit more as time went on coupled with a change in shape. A couple of long range strikes, including a decent effort from Polworth, and some scrambles in the Aberdeen box gave some hope that we might nick a point but our play in the final third lacked a real cutting edge. During a rare period of play where we actually got the ball down and passed it around we had some success getting in behind the Aberdeen defence particularly down their left and once Fisher came on the long ball started to become a bit more effective with Taylor and O'Connor suddenly finding themselves under pressure in the air.

However the best chance of the second half fell Aberdeens way in the shape of the inexplicable miss from Storey. Absolutely no idea how he managed to miss it and then he contrived to take the ball away from goal as he tried to get it under control. 

ICT players were on the floor at the end. There was certainly no lack of effort from the guys last night but we just don't have the quality to break down teams like Aberdeen and probably most teams in the league just now. Even just having someone like Christie could open up a few goal scoring chances for us which could make all the difference.

I thought Polworth did well in his more natural central midfield position. He was burst by the end of the game though. McNaughton was also excellent at the back for us and I felt Laing had a good game. Draper was poor. Distribution well off and again he was used to try and win some of the long balls with varying degrees of success. Tansey was off the boil too. His short passing was mostly good although he often gave the ball away needlessly. Some of his long passes were off the mark too and he showed a real reluctance to try and attack when in possession even when faced with yards of open space.

Aberdeen, as I said, were playing in first or second gear. They were competent all over the pitch without any real standout performances I felt. Everyone just did their job well. Nothing flashy. A pretty routine win for them.

Whole crowd was very muted. It felt like a post split match with nothing to play for therefore there was zero atmosphere save for one really angry Aberdeen fan in the DD who spent about 20 minutes of the first half calling a bunch of 16 year old ICT fans paedos which was slightly strange. 

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 4

Agree very much with RIG. Given our recent 'form' it was unlikely that we were ever going to take anything from Pittodrie against an Aberdeen team in a rich vein of form and scoring for fun. In the end,as RIG says, we could have nicked a draw and at least our goal difference, which could yet be crucial, did not take a pounding.

Thinking about it, I actually think that last night's result in Dingwall was favourable to us. If any team are in worse form than us it's Dundee who are on a terrible run and are leaking far more goals than us. Their free fall reminds me of the Hibs team of a few seasons ago under Terry Butcher.

That said, if we are going to put pressure on Dundee and the others in our region of the table, we are going to have to start winning. Merely not losing is no longer enough draws, even seven of them, will not be enough to save us. Three wins and four defeats would give us more points.

All seven of our remaining games are against sides we are more than capable of beating and we have in Billy a proven goal scorer but even he can't score without adaqute service and to provide that service we need to be playing with more width and greater pace.

We have the players capable of doing so for goodness sake Richie stop messing about and give them licence to do what we know we can.

We can still get out of this mess but not by continuing to deploy the 'tacticts' that have produced a paltry four wins all season.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic