Team for Muvversmell

I suggest that we should start changing the format to - What do you think is the most sensible selection and system to play and what do you think Foran will play. Well my X1 hasn't changed for weeks and similar to most posters. And if I guess Foran's psyche correctly he will consider a 1-0 defeat at Aberdire as being very positive and I fear that he will simply go "same again".

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I've been away and missed the last 5 or 6 wks of games but looking at team selections and results plus comments on here, it could honestly be any formation and line up. Other than OFW & Billy, its almost like there are 2 pots - one with names and one with positions and RF just does the team selection lottery. Its so unpredictable as we clearly have a manager out of ideas and just looking for something to click - pre-Jan we almost had a settled 11, now with the additional signings its just increased options which in this case for consistency and building confidence may be worse.

• Agree 2

I think that is harsh.  After conceding so many goals earlier in the season he seems to have settled on two systems, 4-2-3-1 and 5-3-2. I think he picks depending on his players available and the opposition we are about to face. 

The 5-3-2 is a lot more direct and counter attacking, but is reliant on tremarco and raven being available as no-one else is really able to play the wing back positions. The substitutions in this formation are limited, the wingers are pretty useless, whilst your strikers on the bench are more likely for a run out.

The 4-2-3-1 is a more patient style, attempting to control the game more. We are reliant on the 3 attacking midfielders supporting Billy. The wingers are required here and will get game time, billy is number 1 so the other strikers will rarely be involved.

• Agree 1

Now is not the time to try and turn Tremarco and Raven into marauding wing backs, Both are good solid full backs and to ask them to get up and down the wings and create mayhem for the full 90 minutes, it aint gonna happen.  So basically we end up playing 5 defenders and 2 holding midfield players in Tansey and Draper whose natural game is to sit  front of the defence. No wonder we struggle to create and more often than not go for the big hoof for Mckay to try and chase down. Good formation to play away at Celtic when trying to keep the score respectable but at home against St Johnstone please not...................4-4-2 with either Fisher/Ebbe or Boden supporting Billy Mckay please.  

• Agree 2

My secret source from inside the club has just sent me an exclusive, never-before-seen secret photo of the contraption the club blew it's budget on over the summer.  It's believed this is the machine Foran uses to pick the team every week...

ccfb21_2d04e4be4d505c4d959fa8bee09a9d47.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

56 minutes ago, Renegade said:

My secret source from inside the club has just sent me some exclusive, never-before-seen secret photo of the contraption the club blew it's budget on over the summer.  It's believed this is the machine Foran uses to pick the team every week...

Could any of those three be the 20 goal striker we are looking for?

5 hours ago, Renegade said:

My secret source from inside the club has just sent me an exclusive, never-before-seen secret photo of the contraption the club blew it's budget on over the summer.  It's believed this is the machine Foran uses to pick the team every week...

Naw that's Rod Stewart doing the cup draw.

I'd go for a 4-4-2 as follows: -

Fon Williams

Raven - McCart - MacNaughton - Tremarco

Mulraney - Tansey - Laing - Cole

Mckay - Fisher

Subs: Esson plus 6 others drawn from that tombola drum thingy in the photo. 

• tm4tj locked this topic