Relegation Watch

tm4tj

No, it's not a new chronograph, it's about how other results will go from now to the end of the season

Here's what I would like to happen tomorrow

Celtic v Kilmarnock - Not fussed, but Celtic win I suppose.
Hamilton v Ross County - Hamilton win, closes the gap to County and bunches the teams up
Hearts v Dundee - Hearts win keeps Dundee in the bunch
Partick v Motherwell - Partick win put's Motherwell in big trouble.

Inverness v St Johnstone - Home win of course. Anything else is not much use to us.

• Disagree 2

I see Accies are trying to get a few more fans along. Are we doing anything to get more encouragement?

Tomorrow Accies v Ross County - all 16 and over just £10 all under 16 FREE! Get along and get behind the team! Accies on Saturday

54 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Here's what I would like to happen tomorrow

Hamilton v Ross County - Hamilton win, closes the gap to County and bunches the teams up

From an Inverness point of view, I just can't see any justification for looking for a Hamilton win, or even a draw. For Inverness, the rest of the season is totally about overtaking one or preferably both of Hamilton and Motherwell. Anyone else overtaken would merely be a welcome bonus but I really don't see any case at all to wish for any outcome that gives Hamilton or Motherwell points - even if it disadvantages County. Safety is the supreme - indeed really the only - consideration and in comparison, the hope of catching County pales into complete insignificance.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I agree with Charles need to keep Hamilton below us if possible. 

I think 10 place for us is nigh on impossible but if we could make 11th place it will need improved performances and results. It's rather obvious but it would be a good time to improve if we were to make the play offs rather than sliding down the table to 11th facing a team from championship on the way up. For us the opposite of what Hibs did under TB. 

My option for an Accies win is not about the short term. If County were to win then that puts them further out of the equation, then there were four. Remember we still have to play these teams in bottom six games and these will be real six-pointers. I toggled between a draw or an Accies win and thought safety in numbers was the better option, ie keeping Accies, Motherwell, County and Dundee within striking distance once we enter the last five games. I couldn't care less if County were relegated or stayed up, but if it's at our expense then that would raise my eyebrows. There's not a lot between the other four sides and ourselves in terms of quality. Points will be won and lost and relegation will be decided by fine margins. Of course, it's all hypothetical, should results not go as hoped for, then relegation is the only option available to us. Makes for an interesting last seven games whether we like it or not. On the other hand, it's not inconceivable for us to jump a few places, but that is dependant on stringing a few wins together. That's something we have been unable to do all season. 

• Agree 3

Bottom line is we need to win our games (on average one win every 7.75 games) and not rely on others. (Full stop).

We are the team with the least amount of wins in senior British football this season. 

P45 for Foran now!! Charlie Christie as interim manager until end of season. 

I'm afraid not relying on others is not an option anymore. Without checking, we are probably not the team with the most defeats in British football. Anyway, if you don't rely on others, then you don't have a league. We can't do this on our own, let others take the strain.

Time to look down the way as well. Morton, Falkirk or Dundee United look like the teams to beat in the play-offs. A chilling thought to be honest.

tm4tj - fair point. Just want to win some games as I know you will also be wanting :)

Edited by Guest

Ooooooofffft. Big step towards relegation today.

County and Accies were the only ones to gain a point, but with others around us losing we couldn't help ourselves and that's a bad sign, a real bad sign. :sad:

I'd go as far as to say next weeks game against struggling Motherwell is not a must lose game, it's a must win game, the definitive six-pointer. Gulp!

Sorry but we CURRENTLY have a squad of players capable of Top Six. If we had produced performances we would have attracted a few more in attendance figures BUT the team have simply have not been managed properly. Again Foran was an average player, played fer the shirt, gave everything, was popular BUT had no experience of coaching or managing and unfortunately has FAILED. The BOARD are to blame fer promoting him taking a massive risk, probably because he was cheap and THEY gave him a long term contract in the HOPE that he would succeed. THE BOARD ARE ULTIMATELY TO BLAME FER THIS. Unless we clear the Board OR get ONE voice in control - ONE who has football experience - and get in some experienced coach we will linger outside the top league fer ever.

• Agree 1

I believe that I am right in thinking that, if we are relegated, we will be the first team in the history of the Premiership and the SPL before it to be demoted having taken points from every other team in the division. The problem being that far too many of those were daws and far far too few were victories.

On 08/04/2017 at 10:07 AM, tm4tj said:

I'm afraid not relying on others is not an option anymore.

Bizarrely, we don't have to rely on others yet. If we win all our games, we will definitely finish above Motherwell, and one of Dundee or Hamilton depending on the result between them.

Killie v Jam Tarts - Killie already 9 points ahead of us. Need a favour from the Jam Tarts

Dundee v Hamilton - Outcome is massive for us. I would prefer a Hamilton win and put a struggling Dundee in the mire.

Well v ICT - At the present time I would take a point but that is not good enuff. Total SIX PINTER :drinking06:

Rangers v Partick - Not bovvered

St Jones Town v Aberdire - Not bovvered

Ross County v Cellic  - Hope Cellic don't sit back.

In some ways the split practically starts this weekend - Our main goal must be to keep in touch with a potential 10th or even 11th place. We lose and Well and there is a result at Dens we are 5 feckin points behind !!

On the assumption we lose at Motherwell and sink meekly into the Championship - there seems little else to think - I predict that Dundee might just be the play-off team in 11th. We have waited and waited for a spark and it has not come.

Hamilton are just too street wise. Motherwell are just too strong . Ross County, despite alleged managerial issues, will not slip down the table to 11th. Killie are safe.

So what chance a Dundee v Dundee United play off final?

In terms of the glimmer of hope for the spark, Billy will want to show Stephen Robinson what he might have done at Oldham to stop his sacking there. Henry will want to put in a top performance whilst McCart will want to show Motherwell they possibly should have developed him as a top player like his dad. And finally, Laing will have something to prove too. And finally, finally, Richie will feel bad about a win back in Motherwell but might just get over it.

The Six Game Shoot Out League - Standings

Pl       W      D        L      GD      Pts

Kilmarnock         0       0       0        0       -2         9

Ross County      0        0       0        0       0          7

Dundee              0        0      0         0      -1          5

Hamilton            0         0      0        0      -3          4

Motherwell         0        0       0        0      -8          4

Inverness           0        0       0        0     -7           0 

• Agree 3

14 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

The Six Game Shoot Out League - Standings

Pl       W      D        L      GD      Pts

Kilmarnock         0       0       0        0       -2         9

Ross County      0        0       0        0       0          7

Dundee              0        0      0         0      -1          5

Hamilton            0         0      0        0      -3          4

Motherwell         0        0       0        0      -8          4

Inverness           0        0       0        0     -7           0 

Thank you for posting that. A very useful mini table to keep an eye on and one which emphasis the absolute necessity of closing that gap at the bottom on Saturday.

The options are fewer this week, but providing we can help ourselves and get a win, then it would help if Accies and Dundee drew and Celtic hammer County. Every goal against Motherwell is a double goal, the converse is also the case should we concede. The other games don't really affect us, but better if Killie lose to stuttering Hearts just in case. Not so sure about Motherwell being strong, they have conceded the most goals this season, albeit only by one from us, but note that we are the second highest scorers in the bottom six, behind County. We are 2nd equal with Well! 

Tense weekend coming up then it's into the real bottom six relegation scrap.

Oh, well done Partick, best season for years, meh!