Foran - Should he stay or should he go?

Foran has failed. The 4 year contract was bizarre. Surely penalty clauses were inserted to soften the blow if the end of season position was as bad as we currently are. 

In contrast, Brendan Rodgers has just 'earned' a 4 year deal at Celtic. I would say he has earned it!!

Foran is taking us down. He does not have the tactical know how for survival. He does not have the standing in the game to attract players of a sufficient quality that would get us back up. Also, he does not have the know how to get us back into the Premiership. 

I see us becoming another Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Mirren etc stuck in the Championship for years. 

It's like a game of snakes and ladders. In 1 year we have slid to the bottom of the pile in one fell swoop. 

Charlie Christie as interim manager until the summer. Then re-assess and re-group when we know where we are at. 

Edited by Guest
Additional insertion

Brian Rice, well not sure what to do with him. How long is left on his contract? (too long) 

Foran has to go. 1 redundancy is better than a couple of dozen other back office staff if we go down. 

We had this discussion in January and, no doubt, will have it again at the end of the season. 

However, personally,  I don't believe right now is the time for this debate.  Rather, it's the time for pulling together and trying to dig ourselves out of this hole we find ourselves in. 

• Agree 7

I for one can not see any light at the end of the tunnel tbh. I really think appointing RF was a big mistake - I hoped I was wrong but it doesn't look that way the moment. I can't see us avoiding the drop with the current tactics. We're not creating chances or putting them away when we do. We need goals (and stop leaking them) and we're not getting them. We still have talented players in the squad but the gaffer doesn't know how to play them from what I can see. Experience is everything when fighting a relegation battle and RF haven't got this. Please prove me wrong RF.

Edited by Gringo
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Gringo said:

I for one can not see any light at the end of the tunnel tbh. I really think appointing RF was a big mistake - I hoped I was wrong but it doesn't look that way the moment. I can't see us avoiding the drop with the current tactics. We're not creating chances or putting them. We need goals (and stop leaking them) and we're not getting them. We still have talented players in the squad but the gaffer doesn't know how to play them from what I can see. Experience is everything when fighting a relegation battle and RF haven't got this. Please prove me wrong RF.

If ever I wanted to see someone proved wrong it's you Gringo !!!! and it's nothing personal :-)

• Agree 2

4pts behind with 6 games left. We play our now closest rivals motherwell twice and need wins in both games just to hopefully get off the bottom spot. 1 win in 21 games until now and a team bereft of ideas and confidence. Foran should walk tonight and the club seek Rice to step up or tell him to go too and we see what happens, I think ithts safe too say he's lost the dressing room and the players, so sadly we need change now.

The foran fan boys will say he can turn it round, he was a great player etc but in the last 3 years his only telling contribution to the club is to make us an on field shambles.

• Agree 6

He doesn't have the ability to get us from the Championahip back up to the top flight. We are however tied, in that he was given a 4 yr contract!!!!!! The board should apologise at the end of the season for their bad appointment based on finances and convenience. 

• Agree 3

Time for foran to go. Give him a lesser position at the club where he can't affect what's happens on the park. If he has any loyalty for the club he would leave like Charlie did.  That being said foran is not the source of the problem, the caley thistle board are the main problem.  #sacktheboard  #foranout

• Agree 1

Enough is enough, today was an utter disaster. Foran is a broken man from what I heard on the radio.

Please, put him and us out of our misery.

Larnell  Cole can join him with his moronic behaviour and sending off!!!

I don't think that we should call for forans head completely but look for him to learn under an experienced manager. That is the curiosity that although finances dictated our decision we didn't go that route and let him learn. I think the board need to be held responsible for this mess in being complacent and giving foran a 4 year contract because the squad is still good. Goes to show how much influence a manager can have and I'm afraid in this case it is very negative. Brian rice was supposed to be the experienced hand but ever since he came in the club has gone backwards even in Hughes last season. I like Richie, his passion for the club and area and his leadership skills he could bring to the role but not all players make good coaches or managers after they finish and clearly he hasn't got the tactical and even coaching side to be successful. That's not to say he won't be successful in his managerial career but at this time i think it is way to early and either he steps down and learns under a new man or goes completely because relegation is almost a certainty and even if we did squeek out of this will next season be any different? We are a small club so not expecting to win the league or get top 6 each season but are we under a foran going to be a Hamilton and always be in this fight each season when we had looked a safe prem main stay. And if we go down are we going to get back up like last time, looks like it could be a while. 

• Agree 1

He has had his chance and sadly it has been a complete failure. No sign of a win and we need to win a few now with the position we are in. No point in sticking with Richie as i have no confidence in him being able to  get us back up next season in fact i fear we could end up in St Mirrens position. No way i am going to renew my season ticket with the football that has been on show this season. The board have to act now and sorry Richie I cant see you being in the Inverness dugout again well not in a managers role.

Sorry but we CURRENTLY have a squad of players capable of Top Six. If we had produced performances we would have attracted a few more in attendance figures BUT the team have simply have not been managed properly. Again Foran was an average player, played fer the shirt, gave everything, was popular BUT had no experience of coaching or managing and unfortunately has FAILED. The BOARD are to blame fer promoting him taking a massive risk, probably because he was cheap and THEY gave him a long term contract in the HOPE that he would succeed. THE BOARD ARE ULTIMATELY TO BLAME FER THIS. Unless we clear the Board OR get ONE voice in control - ONE who has football experience - and get in some experienced coach we will linger outside the top league fer ever.

• Agree 1

Please go, right now.

Abundantly clear that Foran cannot get much out of this team and does not have an aptitude for management. It's painful to watch someone so hopelessly out of their depth.

Get an experienced manager in on a basic wage plus a 6 figure bonus if he keeps us up.

• Agree 3

Course foran should walk hes gotta be the worst ever manager at a top flight club dunno who we could get in on a short term basis would like to see billy reid ex hamilton in! When we go down its gonna be a mare getting back up specially if the board persist with forlorn

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

He should have gone in November last year, when he lost the dressing room and said he's to blame. That's also when the players got together to see how they could improve things. They have all failed since then to kick on and climb the league.

If I was in Richie's position at that time I would have walked to save what was left of my dignity. Now it's just ridiculous to let things go so far towards the Abyss. I really don't understand how the Board have keep faith in him so long. 

Edited by Row S
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Row S said:

He should have gone in November last year 

Nah, he deserved more of a chance than that. To me, the 3-0 debacle at Hamilton at the end of January was when it became crystal clear that he couldn't organise or motivate the team.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Nah, he deserved more of a chance than that. To me, the 3-0 debacle at Hamilton at the end of January was when it became crystal clear that he couldn't organise or motivate the team.

Sorry but we CURRENTLY have a squad of players capable of Top Six. If we had produced performances we would have attracted a few more in attendance figures BUT the team have simply have not been managed properly. Again Foran was an average player, played fer the shirt, gave everything, was popular BUT had no experience of coaching or managing and unfortunately has FAILED. The BOARD are to blame fer promoting him taking a massive risk, probably because he was cheap and THEY gave him a long term contract in the HOPE that he would succeed. THE BOARD ARE ULTIMATELY TO BLAME FER THIS. Unless we clear the Board OR get ONE voice in control - ONE who has football experience - and get in some experienced coach we will linger outside the top league fer ever. :cry:

• Disagree 5