Foran - Should he stay or should he go?

3 hours ago, ictchris said:

organising the players we do have

^^^this is the issue.  we have players with quality who have and will play well. but with no clear plan, consistency, tactics, formation, ideas, belief etc then we're fooked.

• Agree 1

Bottom line, as i see it, is i think the board dont posess the Balls NOR the Cash to get rid of Foran. Im thinking he will be in charge next season, regardless of which league we find ourselves in. IF IF IF, that proves to be the case, SURELY this season would prove to be a huge learning curve for Foran, so we would maybe see far better leadership?

Edited by SMEE

On 08/04/2017 at 6:28 PM, WYNESS101 said:

Rice is the issue i would say. He sits most of the games and lets Foran get on with it. Did Foran have a choice in the picking him?

Terry Butcher as a director of football role

No point blaming others forans the top boy all blames at his door the mans fckin useless him and rice need to go couldnt trust him to outfox managers like peter houston next season could easily end up like st mirren if he stays a stupid appointment at the time an unqualified manager in the spl ffs even if we stay up what then relegation fights every season fcuk that 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

49 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Billy reid unearthed some cracking players at hamilton spending buttons just the man we need used to zero cashflow right now id take daffy duck gotta be an improvement on foran

Billy Reid was dire at Accies in the SPL and the fans absolutely despised him.  Along with that, his teams played some of the most negative, brutal football seen in Scotland in recent years, while his general signing policy (which often involved signing everyone available over the summer, then releasing them after two or three games) was even more scattergunned than Yogi's.  He's currently employed as an assistant in Sweden and perhaps the fact that he's barely been considered as a manager since he was sacked by Accies tells you all you need to know.

43 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

No point blaming others forans the top boy all blames at his door the mans fckin useless him and rice need to go couldnt trust him to outfox managers like peter houston next season could easily end up like st mirren if he stays a stupid appointment at the time an unqualified manager in the spl ffs even if we stay up what then relegation fights every season fcuk that 

Do you use the same tombola to construct sentences that Foran uses to pick the team?

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Billy Reid was dire at Accies in the SPL

Calls for replacements such as football dinosaurs such as this, Calderwood, Jocky Scott etc make me cringe almost as much as the continual calls for ex-ICT managers to return although achieving little in the game after their short, successful stints many years ago. Clearly the gamble of inexperienced manager doesn't always pay off such as with RF so far, yet as a club we shouldn't be afraid to keep being brave and giving new ideas a chance - but we need to also be proactive enough to recognize when this doesn't work and keep moving forwards rather than stagnate or even regress. There's young managers out there looking for their step up from lower leagues who at least have some experience but are ready for a bigger stage to try their luck - look at guys who could be on the way up, not those on their way down.

• Agree 5

Well truly thought by Monday we would have seen the last of Foran as manager . We obviously have a chairman with not big enough balls to admit he has got it wrong and at least give us a lift and some hope going into the last 6 games . Seemingly manager and chairman are as bad as each other and have not got our clubs best interest at heart . Sad really !

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I do think Foran going is the one lift the team would get that would change morale enough to give us a chance, slim as it is. If he stays, it is more of the same, so what have we got to lose by showing him the door?

Edited by The Long Man
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, caley1 said:

Well truly thought by Monday we would have seen the last of Foran as manager . We obviously have a chairman with not big enough balls to admit he has got it wrong and at least give us a lift and some hope going into the last 6 games . Seemingly manager and chairman are as bad as each other and have not got our clubs best interest at heart . Sad really !

I would like to think that the club does not wash it's dirty linen in public but I sincerely hope that, after the discord that was evident on Saturday, has been dealt with by a clear the air internal meeting involving directors, manager, coaches and senior players with a view to pulling in one direction to try to escape relegation.

The club, no doubt, has a big decision to make but, not having made that decision in January or February at the latest, that decision needs now to wait until the end of the season so that all the focus for now is on the challenging but not impossible job at hand.

26 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I would like to think that the club does not wash it's dirty linen in public but I sincerely hope that, after the discord that was evident on Saturday, has been dealt with by a clear the air internal meeting involving directors, manager, coaches and senior players with a view to pulling in one direction to try to escape relegation.

The club, no doubt, has a big decision to make but, not having made that decision in January or February at the latest, that decision needs now to wait until the end of the season so that all the focus for now is on the challenging but not impossible job at hand.

It needs doing NOW! The team itself are really not a bad set of players it's just leadership that's never been there from day 1. Act now and at least we've given it a shot. Leaving him there is just a disaster

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

Billy Reid was dire at Accies in the SPL and the fans absolutely despised him.  Along with that, his teams played some of the most negative, brutal football seen in Scotland in recent years, while his general signing policy (which often involved signing everyone available over the summer, then releasing them after two or three games) was even more scattergunned than Yogi's.  He's currently employed as an assistant in Sweden and perhaps the fact that he's barely been considered as a manager since he was sacked by Accies tells you all you need to know.

Do you use the same tombola to construct sentences that Foran uses to pick the team?

Funny c#nt eh wasted talent u should be on stage! Your talking ***** bout reid as well the point i was possibly since i use a tombola to construct sentences trying to make was reid managed to get players from the youth team in playing and sold at a huge profit wheres our youth whys there development stalled 

• Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Funny c#nt eh wasted talent u should be on stage! Your talking ***** bout reid as well the point i was possibly since i use a tombola to construct sentences trying to make was reid managed to get players from the youth team in playing and sold at a huge profit wheres our youth whys there development stalled 

And out of intrest who would you choose bearing in mind our current position and finances?

After Yogi went I pointed out that Gus McPherson had managed to get Queens Park into promotion contention in League 2.

They got promoted, and they are doing very well in League 1, with an outside chance of the play-offs for the Championship.

Remember, he's working with a lower wage bill than Richie - zero, for Queen's are still amateur.

I hate the idea of giving Richie the heave, even if we can afford to do it. But if he does go, we could do worse...

I've been racking my brains to think of a manager who could do a worse job than Foran and I'm somewhat relieved to have come up with one. Claude Anelka - brother and agent of the footballer who despite any experience became Raith Rovers manager after investing £180,000 in the club. His strategy was to bring in a load of French amateur players. It didn't work and he didn't last long. 

I'd rather have Foran than him. :smile:

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Another eloquently written post. Accies operate very differently to us. They have a proper academy and also have a far larger pool of players to choose from locally than we do. 

You say I am wrong on Billy Reid. Tell me, where am I wrong? Am I wrong when I say he played ugly football? Am I wrong to say he was poor in the top flight? Am I wrong when I say he was unpopular with the fans? Am I wrong when I say his signing policy was scattergunned? 

Thankfully he's already employed elsewhere, so the chances of him joining us anytime are so slim it makes it a moot point. 

Edited by Renegade

To the fan who decries and downplays Richie's past performances with ICT you need to take a close look at past videos. If you put the shirt on, your performances might pale into complete insignificance compared to what he has achieved in his career as a player.

He scored some absolutely incredible goals and was an inspiring figure when in full flight--.i,e to those who were willing to learn from his example!  Whatever has happened after his appointment as manager we may never really find out but I'm sure that if he DID get a strip back on he would not be making the mistakes  made by some of our current team and would still be an example to his team-mates.  It looks as if that will never happen so  it's "grin and bear it "  time. No wonder Billy looks totally exasperated, since he rarely ever seems to get the ball......

As for the Canadian brew, Molson Canadian is a very good one but now I find Ironhorse somewhat more pungent and it's brewed in British Columbia  which helps.

• Disagree 1

It is now too late for any changes in the management structure to make any difference. As Renegade alludes to - the best scenario is that all the leading lights and coaches sit down and discuss how we could get out of our current, pending demise. Even if that results in over-ruling Foran. But I really don't think that we possess anyone with the balls to do that. For once I have sympathy with the players cos they must be as bemused and deflated by the tactics as we are.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

^^^this is the issue.  we have players with quality who have and will play well. but with no clear plan, consistency, tactics, formation, ideas, belief etc then we're fooked.

I don't think we have players with quality.  Our squad is dreadful, full of jobbers, bench warmers, sand dancers and hoofball merchants.  A good manager might be able to get a team out of them with organisation and discipline but we don't have that.

Maybe Tansey and Draper have the potential to play well and Billy Mckay is obviously an excellent player but isn't ours.  The rest are dross.  A few, like Liam Polworth for example, are playing like dross when they might be capable of a bit more or Tremarco, who at least tries and commits himself physically, but in the main we are dire.  Others, like Raven and Warren used to be good but have fallen off a cliff.

We've replaced first choice starting players with bench warmers and that's that.  The fact that we are still in touch with the rest is more due to the fact that Motherwell, Hamilton, Dundee and County are pretty awful this season as well.  Not as bad as us though.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

It is now too late for any changes in the management structure to make any difference.

Indeed - that occurred to me when reading all the demands for Foran to go now. 

There are 6 games left. How many games would a new manager - unfamiliar with the squad - require to work out the best team and system?

Cue someone to start shouting "Charlie Christie now!!" :lol:

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Yngwie said:

At the moment, the only thing worse than being an ICT fan is being an ICT fan whose "English team" happens to be Sunderland......:laugh:  :cry:

Cheeky git.. that would be me, AND I support Fort William too!

• Agree 1

On 11/04/2017 at 4:16 PM, caley100 said:

Cheeky git.. that would be me, AND I support Fort William too!

Didn't actually realise you were afflicted too!  I had relatives in the Sunderland area and I'd sometimes be taken to Roker Park when were down visiting. In fact I remember being at a cousin's wedding one Saturday afternoon when an uncle whispered over and said "This is boring.....taxi'll be here in 5 minutes!" and off we went. 

I think that ICT are slightly less doomed than Sunderland though.