Foran - Should he stay or should he go?

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Neil McCann Dundee boss until end of season. 

Interestingly odd, they didn't think Hartley could stop their slide with his experience and overlook managers who have worked in the top flight with various success for a TV pundit with no experience at all - perhaps the Hartley sacking wasn't just about on the park but business movements off it too. I'm now less worried about a turn around at Dundee than I was when I heard they were making a change - we need to push hard and pick up 3 points at home V Hamilton and anything else we can scrape before we visit Dens - that could be a huge game now.

I've been supportive on here of Hughes, but he's gone and I wouldn't want him back. it's really saddening that every time we talk about managers or players there's so many posts calling for old names to return. People left for a reason, lets not forget them but concentrate on the future and moving on - very seldom do returning persons make the same impact as first time round - partially due to a bit of 'rose tinited glasses' but also the increased expectations - much like a breaking band and the awkward 2nd album syndrome.

• Agree 2

Foran won't go so unless change is made at the boardroom level then he willl lead us in our campaign to stay up and more likly a promotion campaign. The mess with Hughes has left us in this position. I think Richie was being groomed to manage at some point but the mess we got ourselves in with Hughes left us to promote foran early. I don't think had funds been available that he would be manager now and with relegation almost a formality unless some kind of miracle, then even less money than last summer it is hard to see them sack another manager so early into a long term deal. I've said in another thread he should stay in some capacity but just not manager but if the excuse was no money last summer then it is even more apt if we are a championship club face it guys Richie is going nowhere fast unless something changes at the top. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

I believe the board are looking to get someone in to support him until the relegation issue is sorted. I don't know how successful they have been.

I really hope there is some truth in this as that is exactly 

what he needs . A bit of guidance !!

"I am astonished that anyone is contemplating having John Hughes back as a manager. His signings were even poorer than Foran's and our style of play had become so predictable that teams soon sussed out how to play against us and we had no plan B. Would we have changed our style this season under John Hughes and been more exciting to watch, would he have signed better players than previously, the evidence suggests otherwise. There are in fact many similarities between JH and RF's style of management in that they are both stubborn and will not change their approach even when everyone can see that change is needed. Is that the one bit of experience RF picked up from JH?"

We were so predictable that we won our first piece of silverware and had our best ever league position are you enjoying what you are watching now? JH completely changed our style of play and had to get the players and fans to buy into it despite the howlers committed in the early days by trying to play out from the back, he then lost his two best players in Shinnie and Watkins. ICT was still a work in progress when JH left, yes possession was overplayed at times but it takes good players to be able to mix it up and make the runs necessary to play a longer ball. Playing the way we did meant we were never going to be hammered by anyone in this league even when key players were missing because of the system we played. I am astonished that anyone wouldn't have him back especially after the dross served up this season.

• Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/04/2017 at 3:57 PM, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Every week, after our result, I think "well that's it", and yet when I look at the table I think I can see a way out. I wish the inevitable would come quickly now. 

At least after last night, it doesn't matter what the table says. I know we're doomed.