Inverness CT -V- St Johnstone

Scotty

Think the only way Richie will go is if he walks. . . . Who gives a untested manager a 4 year contract?!? No way we could afford to pay him off. Hope if he does stay he can get us back to winning ways in the championship as i think its all but curtains for us in the SPL now  

I saw with dismay the team setup just before kick-off, again he played 5 across the back(yeah i know the full backs push up, but they do that anyway) and Its well known that Saints play 4 4 1 1 , so why why play 5??????   surely two central defenders and a defensive mid can keep an eye on the front 2?  that gives us more weight and width in midfield!

I'm totally pissed off right now, cant believe we have sunk as low as this.

A win at Motherwell seems very unlikely as the players will now be very short of confidence.

Yep onto a loser before we kicked a ball. Tremarco receives the ball out wide on the half way line and has absolutely nobody in front of him to pass to ,so has to either punt it or try and run the length of the St Johnstone half to try and get a cross in. Terrible formation and tactics from a desperate manager.

In addition to the poor tactics, random selections and bizarre formations , RF has lost the dressing room, players behave with that level of petulant dissent because they get away with it and want it of the situation. It's been clear since we started poorly earlier in the season and then had a player meeting and change of tactics to get our first win - I'm not seeing where the experienced guys like Warren, Raven, Tansey and now even Draper fight and play like they used to - everyone is disillusioned - good team turns crap overnight has all the smell of Chelsea last year when they wanted the boss out. Sadly our board still won't act, RF out and I wouldn't be shocked to see and huge style snd results turn around.

The Board need to take action and at the very least make a club statement on Monday. The fans are the most important piece of any football club  and i think they now more than ever deserve answers. The fans have been very patient with Richie but it is very clear it has not worked and he needs to go. If this was a bigger club the pressure from fans would have had Richie gone a long time ago. We need an experienced manager in until the end of the season just to give us a glimmer of hope and i think we all deserve that. Yes the board made a mistake by giving Richie such a long contract but if Richie does not walk the board themselves  should dig deep to show they have this club and its future as no.1 priority. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

On Radio Scotland Barry Wilson said it was the worst ICT team he'd ever seen.

Cue for one poster to repeat his mantra that we are doing just fine and that Barry Wilson is biased with an anti ICT agenda. 

I just think that this team has come to the end. In my mind we've had 2 main teams in our history. Steve Paterson/robertson/early Brewsters Barry Wilson, Bobby Mann, Charlie Christie team and the butcher/yogi team. 

Other teams have sussed out our players, tactics, strengths, weaknesses and formations. It's time for a total change and clearout. Time to start building the next successful ICT side. Wether that be Richie Forans or not.

Edited by Sir C the 3rd
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, ymip said:

The real blame here needs to reside at the door of the clueless, faceless board who are utterly invisible and show no direction, vision or aptitude to manage a Premiership club.

Just to pick up on something that was said on pie & bovril. In giving Richie a 4 year deal, it would have made obvious sense to have a relegation clause in it. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Well.... having watched the highlights on the BBC website, we seemed to play OK for most of the match, in that most of the highlights were in our favour! Cole seemed to be having a decent game, and should have had a free kick, when he was sent off..obviously it looks like he completely lost his head, but I still think he should be playing after his suspension. The first St Johnstone goal was a classic case of a goalie pushing the ball away, only to send it to an away player. Their penalty was part muck up by two of our players, and rather soft (let's put it this way Wilfred Zaha at Palace never wins a penalty with that sort of challenge against him). Nothing going for us at the moment.

• Agree 2

Yes, having seen the highlights (including the Cole incident), it completely validates what I saw at the game ... Cole should have received a free kick ... The tackler missed any contact with the ball but took the man. In the context of a game where, all up to that point, St J were getting soft free kicks and chasing an equaliser in a key game, it would have frustrated any player. Maybe should have shut his mouth at the first yellow but, in the heat of the moment and already feeling hard done by, that's easier said than done.

Sorry, can't agree about Cole. We were still in the game up until his red card. He has let everyone down. He is a professional footballer not an amateur league player. Temperament is part and parcel of the game. I don't want to see him in an ICT shirt again. He won't give one hoot about us when he is back in Fulham, Peckham or wherever he hails from. 

Edited by Guest

What Scotty said, almost word for word.

The St J. manager is smart!  In one stramash in their penalty area it appeared as if all their players , minus the goalie, was in there as well. Meaning little chance of any strike getting through that mass of legs, hence no score,

In parts ICT played very well but had no penetrating power of any note. Cole was carded unfairly but let's hope he learns his lesson not to throw verbal dirt at the ref...can't win. Score against ICT was higher than St.J's overall stuffy play deserved. Penalty against ICT was, well, soft.

Yes the penalty was soft. St J player played for it, running away from goal, slightest touch, no intent from Tremarco just a bit lethargic when going to play the ball.

Edited by cif73

17 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Just to pick up on something that was said on pie & bovril. In giving Richie a 4 year deal, it would have made obvious sense to have a relegation clause in it. 

• For which season ? We could be back in the Highland League at the end of his contract :cry:

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:
  • For which season ? We could be back in the Highland League at the end of his contract :cry:

I said exactly this to my mates at the game on Saturday!

I have no insight into what goes on behind the scenes at the club but can't help observe that when John Hughes first arrived our form and results both dipped considerably.

Then Russell Latapy arrived and his presence coincided with an upturn in fortunes including, in his only full season at the club, our best ever league finish, qualifying for Europe for the only time in our history and, of course, our historic Scottish Cup win.

Russell departs and is replaced by Brian Rice and our form and results worsen and have declined increasingly rapidly ever since. I don't know the answer but can't help wondering is that mere coincidence ?

• Agree 1

Every thing that Barry Wilson said on the BBC is totally true. There is something wrong behind the scenes. I think that Ritchie could yet be a very good manager. The players tried there best, but their best is obviously not good enough.It was obvious to me at the turn of the year that there was no future with this team. The Inverness fans have been let down by lack of direction.

49 minutes ago, redandblack said:

Every thing that Barry Wilson said on the BBC is totally true. There is something wrong behind the scenes. I think that Ritchie could yet be a very good manager. The players tried there best, but their best is obviously not good enough.It was obvious to me at the turn of the year that there was no future with this team. The Inverness fans have been let down by lack of direction.

This is very largely the same core squad as before. Their best was more than good enough to avoid relegation before. Whilst they can't be entirely absolved from blame, the primary fault for where we find ourselves today does not lie with the players.

13 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I have no insight into what goes on behind the scenes at the club but can't help observe that when John Hughes first arrived our form and results both dipped considerably.

Then Russell Latapy arrived and his presence coincided with an upturn in fortunes including, in his only full season at the club, our best ever league finish, qualifying for Europe for the only time in our history and, of course, our historic Scottish Cup win.

Russell departs and is replaced by Brian Rice and our form and results worsen and have declined increasingly rapidly ever since. I don't know the answer but can't help wondering is that mere coincidence ?

Totally agree with the above. I said before Richie was appointed that Russel Latapy as Manager and Richie as Assistant would be a good choice. It seems that Russel Latapy is still looking for his first Managerial post.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic