Player of the Year - St Johnstone

Scotty

POTY Voting  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you award 5 points ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Kevin Mcnaughton
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Jamie McCart
    • Louis Laing
    • Greg Tansey
    • Ross Draper
    • Larnell Cole
    • Billy Mckay
    • Alex Fisher
    • Billy King
    • Liam Polworth
    • Scott Boden
  2. 2. Which player would you award 3 points ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Kevin Mcnaughton
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Jamie McCart
    • Louis Laing
    • Greg Tansey
    • Ross Draper
    • Larnell Cole
    • Billy Mckay
    • Alex Fisher
    • Billy King
    • Liam Polworth
    • Scott Boden
  3. 3. Which player would you award 1 point ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Kevin Mcnaughton
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Jamie McCart
    • Louis Laing
    • Greg Tansey
    • Ross Draper
    • Larnell Cole
    • Billy Mckay
    • Alex Fisher
    • Billy King
    • Liam Polworth
    • Scott Boden
  4. 4. Referee Performance (Stephen Finnie)

• 1 (Terrible)
    • 2 (Poor)
    • 3 (Average)
    • 4 (Good)
    • 5 (Excellent)
  5. 5. I confirm I was present at this game and therefore eligible to vote

• Yes, I was there.
    • No, I am a numpty, please ban me from all polls !

*** VOTING IN THE POLL ABOVE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WERE AT THE MATCH ONLY ***

If you were at the match, please use the poll above to vote for your top 3 players.
As a bit of fun, we have also added an option to rate the referee ....

Please make sure you vote for 3 separate players.

If you make an error, let us know so we can fix it.

PLEASE ONLY VOTE ABOVE IF YOU WERE AT THE GAME

Anyone caught trying to cheat the system WILL be banned from voting in ALL site polls...this is your only warning.

**NOT at the game ?**

As a result of requests received, we have made a slight change to how these threads work for site users who watched the game on TV or listened to the full game live on the radio .......

You too will now be able to cast your votes, but should do it in the thread below, and NOT in the official poll above. Just list the three players of your choosing and award 5,3, or 1 point(s). You can give the ref a mark if you want too !

These votes will NOT be counted in the official total, as we only count votes from those who where actually at the game, but it IS a way for you to participate in the process .... which many people asked for .... a happy medium we hope !!!!!

• tm4tj unlocked this topic

Was at the game, but can't honestly think of anyone who deserves any points.  I may be getting old, but I remember when my team used to play the ball fast and on the ground using speedy wingers and were actually a threat in front of goal.  Lots of ball going sideways and backwards and too slow going forward.

• Agree 2

Fon Williams: 5. Need to see it again, but not sure he covered himself in glory for the first.

McNaughton: 8. Quality throughout. Just lacks the pace and stamina for the role Foran gave him.

McCart: 8. This guy has real quality. Defence fell apart when he and McNaughton were subbed.

Warren: 2. Had a good first half, but should have been the fall guy with the subs. Started to lose it when he got booked for dissent, then had a mare for th last 20 min and should be ashamed of being sent off as club captain after the final whistle.

Laing: 5. Started off OK in defence, but is not a CDM and had woeful passing display 2nd half.

Tremarco: 6. Not his best, but tried hard. Proably had amongst our best chances, but snatched at them.

Draper: 4. Not a great day at the office. Looks at sea just now...

Tansey: 8. No doubting his commitment. Was at the centre of most good things today.

Cole: 3. Had some good moments in the game, but let all of us down for his sending off. I shared his frustration with the foul, however, to take 2 yellows for continuous dissent is unforgivable. Sending off killed us.

Mckay: 7. Poor Billy. Plays his heart out, but too often was down the channel instead of being in the centre. Still created, though...sadly, chances didn't quite go for him.

Fisher: 6. Good link up at times, but not sharp and didn't get a sniff.

King: 5. Made an impact to some extent, but just doesn't seem to have quite the quality necessary...

Polworth: 6. Lovely ball through to Billy for one of our best chances. Worked his socks off.

Boden:1. No time to make any impact at a time when the team had imploded.

Foran: 3. First half set-up worked, but not my favourite formation - McNaughton is a good full back, but not a wing back! Substitutions were astonishingly poor. No Mulraney and taking off our two best defenders was catastrophic. He has no better idea of our first 11 than Donald Trump and his tactics generally stink. Should have admitted defeat long ago but seems determined to lead us into the Championship. Deluded.

Ref. 3. OK first half, but some shockers in the 2nd. Cole looked to have been fouled...not given...dissent...yellow...dissent...yellow/red. Penalty looked right decision: Poor challenge. No idea about what happened in tunnel with Warren. 2 reds in a game with barely a bad challenge is either a reflection of very poor reffing or appalling self-discipline.

Fair assessment. Felt sorry for Laing as he was good first half but had to improvise when covering other positions after McNaughton was subbed.

I want to see more from Polworth. He has the ability but we need the drive and passion when times are tough.

I would stick with Mckay and Fisher. Perhaps start King with Cole out next week and adopt a flat back four.

7 hours ago, PerfICT said:

Fon Williams: 5. Need to see it again, but not sure he covered himself in glory for the first.

McNaughton: 8. Quality throughout. Just lacks the pace and stamina for the role Foran gave him.

McCart: 8. This guy has real quality. Defence fell apart when he and McNaughton were subbed.

Warren: 2. Had a good first half, but should have been the fall guy with the subs. Started to lose it when he got booked for dissent, then had a mare for th last 20 min and should be ashamed of being sent off as club captain after the final whistle.

Laing: 5. Started off OK in defence, but is not a CDM and had woeful passing display 2nd half.

Tremarco: 6. Not his best, but tried hard. Proably had amongst our best chances, but snatched at them.

Draper: 4. Not a great day at the office. Looks at sea just now...

Tansey: 8. No doubting his commitment. Was at the centre of most good things today.

Cole: 3. Had some good moments in the game, but let all of us down for his sending off. I shared his frustration with the foul, however, to take 2 yellows for continuous dissent is unforgivable. Sending off killed us.

Mckay: 7. Poor Billy. Plays his heart out, but too often was down the channel instead of being in the centre. Still created, though...sadly, chances didn't quite go for him.

Fisher: 6. Good link up at times, but not sharp and didn't get a sniff.

King: 5. Made an impact to some extent, but just doesn't seem to have quite the quality necessary...

Polworth: 6. Lovely ball through to Billy for one of our best chances. Worked his socks off.

Boden:1. No time to make any impact at a time when the team had imploded.

Foran: 3. First half set-up worked, but not my favourite formation - McNaughton is a good full back, but not a wing back! Substitutions were astonishingly poor. No Mulraney and taking off our two best defenders was catastrophic. He has no better idea of our first 11 than Donald Trump and his tactics generally stink. Should have admitted defeat long ago but seems determined to lead us into the Championship. Deluded.

Ref. 3. OK first half, but some shockers in the 2nd. Cole looked to have been fouled...not given...dissent...yellow...dissent...yellow/red. Penalty looked right decision: Poor challenge. No idea about what happened in tunnel with Warren. 2 reds in a game with barely a bad challenge is either a reflection of very poor reffing or appalling self-discipline.

What happened in tunnel I heard was that he told the ref what he thought of his performance!(it wasn't complimentary). Just like a lot of the North stand who waited behind to boo & demonstrate there frustration & anger at the ref's **** poor performance. Probably give Fisher a 7 for the game. Found space, won balls, set up chances, work rate etc.....and boy is he an improvement over Anier. Pity Ritchie has FROZEN  him out of the team for so long, considering Alex was fit and ready!!!. 

• Agree 2

i gave the Fish top marks for being the only player to applaud the fans who suffered til the bitter end. and apart from that, he actually, as always, worked hard and fought for every ball.  a guy who has always given his all to the cause! 

• Agree 4

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic