Lets get the Worm back ?

I've mentioned him a couple of times in the past.  Highly experienced coach, who probably has contacts throughout British football.  He'd be an interesting appointment, but would he take the job?  Doubt it and certainly not if he's already employed.

Was he not approached when Hughes was appointed and indicated he wasn't interested.

would be a great appointment but doubt it will happen he must be on a wage way higher than our resource.

49 minutes ago, rocky1 said:

Hughes did and made a pretty good fist of it 

Hughes was at a very low ebb in his career, was unemployed and had nobody else rushing to employ him. Kevin MacDonald is in a very different position indeed.

39 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Who knows but someone did something to upset him

Yes, they wouldn't let him spend money we didn't have and that he knew we didn't have when he signed his lucrative contract only a few months before.

• Agree 3

The board made an absolute shambles of JH leaving the club and let's not pretend otherwise. Turning down money from Dundee United for him then paying the guy to leave 6 months later. 

Its ended up with seemingly the only option being Richie Foran, who was a complete risk. It's not worked. Foran to a degree has been hung out to dry. Basically the club not having the money to get rid of Rice as well as JH has meant Foran has been unable to bring in anyone that HE might have wanted as his assistant. It's normal for a manger to pick his own backroom team within reason. I would it very convenient if Rice was his choice. I'm not sure if anyone actually wanted Rice at the club other than JH to begin with.

Basically because of the Hughes fiasco, we've ended up with a management team who in all likelihood wouldn't have wanted each other in their respective roles.

For all the boards reasonable work  in balancing the books over the years. This expensive mess is one they haven't covered themselves in glory with. And they know it.

Edited by Sir C the 3rd
  • Agree 2

Brian Rice is contracted until summer 2018. Just Googled it to find answer.

Another year of the Foran / Rice debacle beckons I would say.

League One and north derbies with Peterhead and maybe Elgin beckon!!!!

Edited by Guest

54 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

The problem with that post Caman is that it really is not a joke and could well be prophetic.

Yep, I wasn't joking. Most managers in Championship are experienced, tactically aware, experienced success to some extent and are better managers than the one we have. 

Edited by Guest

I doubt he would come back - he may be from Inverness but that doesn't mean he's spent the forty odd years since he left wistfully thinking back to the days he spent playing against Rothes, dreaming of being welcomed home as a conquering hero, his photo above the bar in the Tarry Ile, local boy done good.  He's been at Villa for decades, why would he give up a job like that, developing young players for a shot at a (likely) lower league club, for less salary hundreds of miles away from where he's made his career?

• Agree 3