Stand up for the Caley Jags

Robert

I know we are all down tonight and being rightly critical, but at risk of being shot down, now is the time the players need us as their 12th man.

For all of us, let's get behind them in the next six games and do all we can to salvage our season and keep our top league status. 

If we can achieve that, we can then debate who our Manager and players should be, but for now we have what we have and need to do our bit in our bid to survive.

Recent years have been good, despite the agony of the penalty kick loss at Parkhead in the League Cup.

I will never forget the cup semi at Hampden, and us all joining in with the chants of "stand up for the Caley Jags". Now, more than ever, we need that spirit and support, not just in Section E but in the full stadium.

Then there was the cup final.... My best ever day as a fan..... The best hangover excuse ever.

Europe was brief and I only managed the home game, but an experience for a small club like us.

It all seems a lifetime ago, so much has changed in less than two years, but let's make our support count where if matters: at the games by being loud, positive and behind the players.

We need to play our part. It's now or, I dread to think, possibly never!

• Agree 10

Fair play, Robert. The problem I'm having is that I don't recognise the team from one week to the next. Butcher and Hughes' success was built on consistency of selection and tactics. I have no association with the players or team this year - it seems to be a random group that is put on the park, which challenges loyalty. I'll be there to tge bitter end and will scream and shout to encourage, but boy they're making it hard!

• Agree 2

I will without doubt be at every match at TCS until the end of the season. 

I will back and support the team and players. (although, cannot back Larnell Cole after yesterday. One way ticket back to Fulham for that idiot immediately!!!!) 

Neither can I back Foran. He has lost the dressing room and from posts on here since yesterday the fans as well. Worst manager in our history and least wins in senior British football this season. Time for him to go. 

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Caman said:

I will without doubt be at every match at TCS until the end of the season. 

I will back and support the team and players. (although, cannot back Larnell Cole after yesterday. One way ticket back to Fulham for that idiot immediately!!!!) 

Neither can I back Foran. He has lost the dressing room and from posts on here since yesterday the fans as well. Worst manager in our history and least wins in senior British football this season. Time for him to go. 

Aye and this "Pride of the Highlands" crap - we are now the laughing stock of the SPL. 

Mate your attitude is spot on and cannot be faulted, but football is a 2 way thing and from where I was sitting on Saturday there was a fair proportion  of our players who had just decided to call it a day. So asking the supporters to play their part is commendable, but the management and players need to at least to try and give us something to hang onto and believe in.

At the moment we are being fed, week in week out  constant bullsh*t on how we need to be more aggresive, how we create many chances, how things will improve next week, must win games etc. 

On that note I will see you at Motherwell on Sat.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, forresjags said:

Mate your attitude is spot on and cannot be faulted, but football is a 2 way thing and from where I was sitting on Saturday there was a fair proportion  of our players who had just decided to call it a day. So asking the supporters to play their part is commendable, but the management and players need to at least to try and give us something to hang onto and believe in.

Says a lot when Fisher is the ONLY player to applaud those of us who painfully waited until the final whistle.  Poor attitude towards the people that pay the meager wages.

I have been accused of being a 'happy clapper' in the past, so i think i'm more than entitled to have a moan at the players.  all seem really nice guys, but c'mon tae feck boys, show some fecking fight out there, and not wi the ref,eh?! 

mon caley eh!

21 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Robert,Aye and this "Pride of the Highlands" crap - we are now the laughing stock of the SPL. 

"Pride of the Highlands".... "The Highlands Are Ours"....."Always In Our Shadow". Yup..... hubris always carries its attendant risks.

I am sure Robert, the Original Poster on this thread, won't take offence, and nor should he, if I describe his wise words as "the bleeding obvious". His advice certainly trumps checking out the boozers in Ayr and Dumfries most easily accessible by bus pass. :sad:

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 2

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:32 PM, Ten4 said:

Beat Motherwell on Saturday and we`ll all be believing again !:ictscarf::ictscarf::ictscarf:

I'm not entirely convinced about that but beat Motherwell on Saturday and at least there is hope. Lose and it's pretty hopeless.

On 10/04/2017 at 4:24 PM, Charles Bannerman said:

"Pride of the Highlands".... "The Highlands Are Ours"....."Always In Our Shadow". Yup..... hubris always carries its attendant risks.

I am sure Robert, the Original Poster on this thread, won't take offence, and nor should he, if I describe his wise words as "the bleeding obvious". His advice certainly trumps checking out the boozers in Ayr and Dumfries most easily accessible by bus pass. :sad:

No offence taken at all!

I just want us to stay up!