Team for Motherwell

Robert

Assuming no changes to the injury list, a 4-4-2 for me:

Fon Williams

McNaughton, Laing, McCart, Tremarco

Polworth, Draper, Tansey, King

Mckay, Fisher

with Esson, Mckay, Horner, Mulraney, Ebbe, Anier and Boden on the bench.

• Agree 1

Fon Wlliams

McNaughton Laing McCart Tremarco

Polworth Draper Tansey King

Fisher Mckay

Draper - just in there more so because of his history as opposed to current form. Don't like to be negative but his passing has been shocking lately.

Polworth - deserves a starting slot as he impressed when he came on yesterday.

King - looked up for it and wanted to go forward when he came on.

Fisher - gave his all yesterday so should start again.

Tansey - no fight in him yesterday, but with Vigurs and Doran out no choice. 

Dugout - a new manager who knows what he is doing!!!!!!

Edited by Guest

Fon Williams

McNaughton Laing McCart Tremarco

King Draper Tansey Mulraney

Fisher Mckay

Subs - Esson, Gilchrist, Mckay, Anier, Polworth, Ebbe, Boden

Edited by Renegade

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

Fon Williams

McNaughton Warren McCart Tremarco

King Draper Tansey Mulraney

Fisher Mckay

Subs - Esson, Laing, Mckay, Anier, Polworth, Ebbe, Boden

Warren was sent off yesterday so will miss the game

I couldn't care less who plays as long as we win. I sincerely hope that the whole squad were at work today having a drains up and focusing on one of the biggest games ever for ICT next weekend. The players cannot be absolved from blame and need to take some responsibility. The problem is that a good number of them are for the off in 6 weeks time and probably couldn't give a damn. Days off will hopefully be cancelled from now until the end of the season, the players owe it to the poor staff at the Club who could also be out of a job in a few weeks. We need leaders on the field as well as off. Warren is a complete disgrace if he has been sent off as is Cole.

How Kenny Cameron didn't think about getting someone in to give Ritchie a hand after it was apparent at Christmas that we were in trouble is beyond me. He too is massively culpable.

Anyway come 3pm next Saturday i will be as positive and hopeful as ever. We have won all 5 after split games before and we can do it again.

10 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

The two derbies must be stick-ons for the last games. Would not be surprised if they hit us with Hamilton in the penultimate weekend game. 

We were talking about this on Saturday. I think one of the post split fixtures is a midweek one. I'd guess that would be a logical pick for a Highland Derby.

19 hours ago, givmeaccccc said:

I couldn't care less who plays as long as we win. I sincerely hope that the whole squad were at work today having a drains up and focusing on one of the biggest games ever for ICT next weekend. The players cannot be absolved from blame and need to take some responsibility. The problem is that a good number of them are for the off in 6 weeks time and probably couldn't give a damn. Days off will hopefully be cancelled from now until the end of the season, the players owe it to the poor staff at the Club who could also be out of a job in a few weeks. We need leaders on the field as well as off. Warren is a complete disgrace if he has been sent off as is Cole.

How Kenny Cameron didn't think about getting someone in to give Ritchie a hand after it was apparent at Christmas that we were in trouble is beyond me. He too is massively culpable.

Anyway come 3pm next Saturday i will be as positive and hopeful as ever. We have won all 5 after split games before and we can do it again.

You are totally correct when you say that a good number will be away in six weeks time.

On Saturday we had 4 on loan from other clubs, a couple on half a season contracts and 1 that already committed to another team. No wonder the performance was pretty gutless half the team will be away by the end of May and that's before any contracts are sorted out.  

PerfICTs team is the one for me. We've seen multiple times this season that 4-2-3-1 with a Draper/Tansey/Polworth midfield triangle has seen us turn in our best per....

....ach why am I bothering. It's going to be 3-5-2 again with no width and constant long ball bollocks.

The problem is that isn't 3-5-2 we're playing - it's FIVE-3-2.  In the type of system you need the wing backs bombing up and down providing the width.  On Saturday Tremarco and McNaughton kept coming inside making us ultra-narrow and over-crowded.  On top of this, we're still playing the same tactics despite the system.  Hoofing the ball down the wings for the wingers to chase when we don't have any wingers on the park is eh.....not exactly the brightest idea.

I don't care what team we field : as long there is a plan (I despair at the constant punt up field) and the players give their all.

Still undecided whether I'll go , if we lose I reckon we're as good as down.

Really depressing times : we should not be in such a position. It was clear some time ago that the current 'tactics' / plan were hopeless but absolutely nothing appears to have changed.

While this is a must not loose game, we also need to be assertive and aggressive - Motherwell haven't won at home in 6 or 7 games, so if they loose an early goal then the fans may turn on them. We need to sit solid at the back with Draper holding infront with Tansey & Polly paying centrally and play attacking wingers who will run at and pass the man for crosses into the box. Formation needs to be 4-1-4-1

One thing we simply can't afford to do is concede the opening goal. Our record when losing the first goal in the league is abysmal. We've conceded the first goal in 23 league games this season and so far have never recovered to win. Nine draws and fourteen losses in games when we concede the opener.