Motherwell -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Just now, gingerjaggy said:

To late for change the damage has been done 

The damage is done but we need change to get us prepared for next season. I am sorry but i have no faith at all if Richie is still in charge next season. 

Soul destroying loss for us which makes it hard to rally behind the cause. I used to be Ritchie's most vocal supporter but the candle is burning very dimly indeed now. My view of the board role in all this is a poor one, it's almost like the parachute payment is what they're after. 

• Agree 3

Realistically, the only issue now to be determined is whether we can overhaul free falling Dundee to sneak into the play off spot. I can well see Dundee not winning a single game or perhaps even not gaining a point after the split. The problem is I have the very same view about ourselves.

We need to  heap pressure on the Dark Blues but we will not do that unless we win in Dingwall a week Friday. Without doubt, the most important Highland derby in history from our point of view and we can't possibly afford to start as sloppily as we did today.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 3

I'll be there for the last game of the season too !!! hoping to avoid a relegation wake ..... but its getting harder and harder to be optimistic. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Dundee are in free fall as well but 5 points is a Feckin big cushion at this time of the season. Dens away game could be MASSIVE.

all of our games in the last 2 months have been MASSIVE including today

2 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Dundee are in free fall as well but 5 points is a Feckin big cushion at this time of the season. Dens away game could be MASSIVE.

Agreed, the board have not covered themselves in glory this season but one thing they could surely do is pay for free buses and possibly free tickets so that we have as much backing as possible. A thousand or more ICT fans at Dens could make a difference.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Agreed, the board have not covered themselves in glory this season but one thing they could surely do is pay for free buses and possibly free tickets so that we have as much backing as possible. A thousand or more ICT fans at Dens could make a difference.

As you have said many times WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY. Good idea tho but don't hold your breath. Maybe your old pal Yogi will help out if you ask him nicely

7 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

As you have said many times WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY. Good idea tho but don't hold your breath. Maybe your old pal Yogi will help out if you ask him nicely

For what it's worth, I'm not suggesting that the relatively small sum that would be involved comes out of club funds but out of the board members own pockets.

Surely to god Foran will be sacked in the morning, if not tonight. Been saying since we got pumped in the previous "biggest game of the season" 6 pointer. He is a great guy but a terrible, terrible manager, a complete and utter dud, he cannot organise or motivate this team and we are unlikely to win any of our remaining matches if he stays in charge. 

I don't blame Foran for his lack of aptitude, he tries very hard, I blame the people who thought the best option was to persevere with this failure and sleepwalk into relegation and at this moment I am absolutely effing fuming about it.

• Agree 6

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

For what it's worth, I'm not suggesting that the relatively small sum that would be involved comes out of club funds but out of the board members own pockets.

Aye- that'll be shining bright 

15 minutes ago, KennySim93 said:

Realistically I think we need 3 wins from the last 5.  Not going to happen.

Coupled along with somehow, Dundee and (lets say Hamilton) picking up no points whatsoever, during that period

3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Surely to god Foran will be sacked in the morning, if not tonight. Been saying since we got pumped in the previous "biggest game of the season" 6 pointer. He is a great guy but a terrible, terrible manager, a complete and utter dud, he cannot organise or motivate this team and we are unlikely to win any of our remaining matches if he stays in charge. 

I don't blame Foran for his lack of aptitude, he tries very hard, I blame the people who thought the best option was to persevere with this failure and sleepwalk into relegation and at this moment I am absolutely effing fuming about it.

Largely because he is such a great guy and because of his love for and loyalty to the club and the city, I have been very reluctant to agree with that view even very recently.

However, with immense sadness and a very heavy heart, I have to say that you are right. Thanks for all the wonderful memories as a player Richie, not least that wonderful last second equaliser in the cup in Dingwall a few seasons ago. Thanks for your loyalty in not following Butcher to Hibs when you had the opportunity and thanks even for trying your very best to manage our club in very difficult circumstances. I have no doubt that you gave it 100% and were fully committed but, whilst a very fine player, you are clearly not a manager, coach tactician or even possess the ability to motivate others as you were so obviously were motivated yourself.

Go now and leave with your pride and dignity intact and give the club you care for as much as we do one final chance to retrieve the season. What ever happens to us in the last five games you will always be fondly remembered for your effort and commitment. Don't now tarnish those memories further.

• Agree 7

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic