Motherwell -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Get someone to take over the management of the team until the end of the season and re-evaluate at the end of the season. Richie has had his chance but for some reason its has not worked with his record simply abysmal. He needs to go now for the clubs sake and for his own also. I just cant see any logical reason to carry on when it could not be any clearer that it is just not working. A fresh face for last 5 games even if its from someone within the club. It might just give us that spark that has just not been there for such a long time.  

22 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Largely because he is such a great guy and because of his love for and loyalty to the club and the city, I have been very reluctant to agree with that view even very recently.

However, with immense sadness and a very heavy heart, I have to say that you are right. Thanks for all the wonderful memories as a player Richie, not least that wonderful last second equaliser in the cup in Dingwall a few seasons ago. Thanks for your loyalty in not following Butcher to Hibs when you had the opportunity and thanks even for trying your very best to manage our club in very difficult circumstances. I have no doubt that you gave it 100% and were fully committed but, whilst a very fine player, you are clearly not a manager, coach tactician or even possess the ability to motivate others as you were so obviously were motivated yourself.

Go now and leave with your pride and dignity intact and give the club you care for as much as we do one final chance to retrieve the season. What ever happens to us in the last five games you will always be fondly remembered for your effort and commitment. Don't now tarnish those memories further.

^^^^^^^This!

Except, I just heard Richie's latest delusional ramblings after the game and I got no sense that he's looking at his future - choosing instead to blame the defence for failing to defend crosses. While the defence has to be culpable for conceding 4 goals (or even 3 legitimate ones), Foran has failed to identify his best team in their best positions all season. THAT is what will relegate us.

45 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

^^^^^^^This!

Except, I just heard Richie's latest delusional ramblings after the game and I got no sense that he's looking at his future - choosing instead to blame the defence for failing to defend crosses. While the defence has to be culpable for conceding 4 goals (or even 3 legitimate ones), Foran has failed to identify his best team in their best positions all season. THAT is what will relegate us.

Did he mention top 6 in the interview?!

36 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

As in 2010, everything now depends on Dundee continuing to bottle it.

Unfortunately, bottling it has been the one thing we have been better at than any one in the league this season. 

We have bottled every big game this season. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Jeez. That's the players hung out to dry!

Yes Richie, the players do have to defend better, but why the feck, when we have been crying out for goals all season, has it taken til now for Fisher to get a start. Why, when everyone who has ever seen us play this season could tell you that a midfield of Tansey, Draper and Vigurs DOES NOT WORK do you persist in picking it?

Talking on BBC Sport after the game, a fuming Foran said "Today, an official has killed us,"

I've got more news for you Richie. The club has been killed by the manager, with a board, in the dressing room. They haven't a cluedo. Game over I'm afraid.

• Agree 9

So Foran discovered Fisher is quite a decent striker, works hard and scores goals. Where he has been all season. Oh, that's right, in your squad, Richie, you useless dimwit. We had a comfortably mid-table side when you came in. Look at us now. No excuses. Please leave the building, and allow the players one last chance without your bizarre ramblings.

• Agree 6

Let's face it, to stay up we probably need to win a minimum of 3 games out of the last 5 (including the game against Dundee) when we've only won 4 all season, and hope Dundee claim no than three points...then we would have to win the play-off. However does RF know what is the best team to achieve this? From the BBC report it sounds like we were definitely in the game, but we can't seem to stop the goals going in.

On 18/11/2012 at 11:35 PM, Shorty said:

I genuinely think that Terry needs to take a look at the situation with Foran as it's abundently obvious that his presence on the park does more harm than good. Not saying he doesn't have anything to offer but his tendency to attack his fellow players so fiercely seems to leave them scared to try to do anything just incase they make a mistake and have to face his wrath. He was far from without fault himself today and whilst he was quick to jump on others I didn't see him even acknowledge to the rest when he screwed up. That wasn't something we witnessed with this team when he was absent when the players seemed more relaxed and confident when out on the pitch and performed to their best as a result. Maybe he just needs to lose the armband and the power that comes with it so we can get the best of him without him having this bad influence over the others.

This is a post I made after a game against Motherwell in 2012.  I reckon it's as relevant today as it was then.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

As in 2010, everything now depends on Dundee continuing to bottle it.

Charlie that looks like 'Against all Odds' even more so and that was the birth. They have lost 7 games in a row but it seems unlikely they will lose 5 more in a row. 

Just now, forresjags said:

Good on you Alex Fisher the only one who took any time to acknowledge the travelling support.

The rest just sloped off up the tunnel probably planning how to manage their exit from the club in the summer.

He was the only one to come over but was not the only one to acknowledge the fans. Tansey Draper and Kev McN defo did. Maybe a couple of others too. 

• Agree 1

Looks and sounds increasingly like Alex Fisher is a player who should have had a great deal more time on the park than he had this season. Always puts the effort in and appreciates the people who pay his wages. One to be kept if we possibly can, but that ship might have already sailed.

• Agree 3

He was looking for a way out at Xmas, having been ignored, apart from a few subs, up until then. So i don't think he will be staying around. Ridiculous waste of someone who could have played a major part this season. Foran's brilliant judgement once again.

6 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

He was looking for a way out at Xmas, having been ignored, apart from a few subs, up until then. So i don't think he will be staying around. Ridiculous waste of someone who could have played a major part this season. Foran's brilliant judgement once again.

why did he sign extension then? 

Agree with not playing him a waste tho

1 hour ago, The Long Man said:

How do you know this?

I would be interested in where you heard this?

Edited by CaleyMax
Added note text

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic