Motherwell -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

For whatever reason, Fisher doesn't seem to have been given a fair crack of the whip this season. From what I've seen, he looks like the type of striker who would thrive and score a fair few in the championship.

If, as now appears likely, that's where we find ourselves, we should make every reasonable effort to have him stay for at least another season.

• Agree 3

I had typed something up but I just don't care enough to post it. It's the same stuff most of us are saying on here week in week out and I just can't be bothered to repeat it. Foran never learns and the players don't seem to think they can get out of this mess.

Fisher was our MotM and I thought Laing, McCart and Polworth did well. Again, some of the senior players let the side down badly yesterday but given the line up and selection from Foran we were on a hiding to nothing.

After watching Sportscene last night, the most impressive thing about us is the blind faith some fans still have in RF - such patience and acceptance of how crap we are - its admirable yet somewhat signs of denial, I'm not clear what or why some hold RF is such high regard as other managers have been hounded out of our club for doing better.

Defence is a shambles, OFW looks shot - no confidence and no form - he has to be dropped, he is clearly affecting the back line. We cant create and still persist with the Draper - Tansey - Vigurs midfield which doesn't work. Sadly nothing seems to change, if anything we are getting worse each week.

I get that some look at the freefall Dundee and think we can catch them, but where will we pick up 2 -3 wins this season, we are playing teams that have more fight, confidence and momentum.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

I get that some look at the freefall Dundee and think we can catch them, but where will we pick up 2 -3 wins this season, we are playing teams that have more fight, confidence and momentum.

Dundee should be low hanging fruit, in that the way they are playing we should be targeting overtaking them. But there's no way we are winning the two or three games it would need for that. 

Anything less than a win in Dingwall and it’ll be curtains, unless Dundee lose to ‘well the following day. Unless Dundee have started their last seven games as the mean to go on and continue to get pumped, we have no hope.

Even if we manage to claw our way into the play off spot, I really don’t like our odds, especially considering our old friends Falkirk are looking like they’ll go far. A bit of Scottish Cup final revenge might be on the cards.

With regards to Foran, I don’t believe the club will be able to pay off the remaining 3 years of his contract, even if they wanted to sack him. It’s very sad to see people turning on a club legend and even sadder to see the guilt on Foran’s face in every post-match interview. I genuinely believe he’s doing the best he can and I’d far sooner blame the board for this mess than the man in the dugout. If the players aren’t up to it (and the vast majority look like they aren’t) what can he do?

Hats off to Alex Fisher for a superb performance on Saturday. Every game I’ve seen him play he’s given 110% (about 100% more than most of the wage thieves on the park most games). Interesting to note that he was the only player to bother coming over to the fans after full time, as was the case against Aberdeen earlier this month. It begs the question do some of the players actually care? After Schalk’s disgraceful dive against Celtic, some of you may have seen that Brad Mckay tweeted a photo of John Guidetti going down in the box against Hearts after a Mckay “challenge” with the caption “what goes around comes around.” Frankly I find this unacceptable that one of our players seemed to be celebrating our rivals gaining a point that further damages our survival chances, especially after that defensive horror show against Motherwell. Some of these players need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

25 minutes ago, chedan1 said:

After Schalk’s disgraceful dive against Celtic, some of you may have seen that Brad Mckay tweeted a photo of John Guidetti going down in the box against Hearts after a Mckay “challenge” with the caption “what goes around comes around.” Frankly I find this unacceptable that one of our players seemed to be celebrating our rivals gaining a point that further damages our survival chances, especially after that defensive horror show against Motherwell. Some of these players need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

That was clearly not the point of the tweet at all.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

That was clearly not the point of the tweet at all.

Clearly not. If chedan1 looks at the context then the point will be clear and does not reflect, in any way, badly on Brad MacKay or his loyalty to the club.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, chedan1 said:

The tweet was very very poorly timed. He should be focusing on his own team, not any others. Shows how little he cares

It's clearly a bug bear of his and something he has been punished wrongly for in the past with the Guidetti dive.Pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of Celtic and their fans is hardly tantamount to showing disrespect to ICT.

• Agree 4

ok so Brad Mckay was unwise to tweet what he did. He took pelters for it. 

Fisher may have been the only player to come over to the fans on Saturday but he was far from the only one to acknowledge the fans. To say otherwise is quite frankly rubbish! 

We dont know what Forans contract contains but quite frankly Id be amazed if a 4 year deal didnt include get out clauses. 

Think we all need to calm down a bit. What will be will be now. 

• Agree 6

With Mckay out of contract with Wigan in the Summer it leaves me wondering what the chances of a deal are. One of of Foran's particular strengths seems to be recruiting player - even if they don't perform as well as they should, who would have thought we could bring in the likes of King or Mckay. Certainly better than yogi ever managed *cough* Liam Hughes *cough*

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Think we all need to calm down a bit. What will be will be now. 

Partially agree, but we shouldn't be just resigned to accepting what's going on, as fans and ultimately paying the clubs wages we deserve to ask questions of why Foran has been 'hung out to dry' - inexperienced on a long term deal, yet no real indication from the board. Are they happy and we view next year as a chance to rebuild and transition or whether they expected to stay up in which case when it became apparent (3-0 defeat to Hamilton for me) that they never looked certain, bolster the management team to help him. There's fans questioning the renewal of season tickets - some because we are being relegated (which is fickle yet inevitable) but more worryingly some because they don't understand the direction of the club, how its being run and where the longer term plan is - so perhaps theres good reasons folks are getting worked up about it all.

• Agree 1

Dundee have taken a bold step with 5 games to go. Will them pressing the panic button give them a lift, or will our consistency with giving Richie time pay off.

Who knows, we could go down and have a new manager by the name of Hartley in the Championship, renewing our rivalry with Livi, Falkirk and the Buddies.

One thinks for sure, our next two games are our biggest of the season. What would we give for 6 points

7 minutes ago, bauhaus said:

Dundee have taken a bold step with 5 games to go. Will them pressing the panic button give them a lift, or will our consistency with giving Richie time pay off.

Dundee binned Jocky Scott for Barry Smith latish in season 2009-10 and it didn't work. I'm just making the observation though - not suggesting that history could repeat itself.

Question i want an answer to, is, would a Board dimwitted enough to hand a rookie/unproven manager a 4 year contract, been as smart as to include a Relegation Clause. If not....heads should roll 

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, chedan1 said:

With Mckay out of contract with Wigan in the Summer it leaves me wondering what the chances of a deal are. One of of Foran's particular strengths seems to be recruiting player - even if they don't perform as well as they should, who would have thought we could bring in the likes of King or Mckay. Certainly better than yogi ever managed *cough* Liam Hughes *cough*

If we stay up - a chance.  If we go down - no chance.

1 hour ago, SMEE said:

Question i want an answer to, is, would a Board dimwitted enough to hand a rookie/unproven manager a 4 year contract, been as smart as to include a Relegation Clause. If not....heads should roll 

I would like to hear the answer to that as well SMEE but I think you should contact the club direct on that one as they don't answer sensitive questions on here.

While relegation can happen to most teams if they have a bad season ( and some fans need to realise that bigger teams than us have been relegated or escaped relegation on technicalities), the bigger issue for me has been the performance of the board and not just this season. I have posted several times on this but we do not seem to have any long term strategy for the club or if we do, then I for one am certainly not aware. I have heard, but have no proof, that there are splits in the board but there seems to be a general lack of drive and ambition from them. Not knowing them personally, I could be wrong and it may be just my perception but perception is a powerful tool.

It the, as it now appears, the inevitable happens, and we do get relegated, then fans do need to get behind the team and support in similar numbers as they do currently. That would help the team, and finances greatly but this is where the actions of the board are crucial. They do need to show they have a viable plan to take the club forward if relegation happens but I am not holding my breath on this and say that with great sadness.

While RF and the players have had to face the media, take flack from supporters etc, the board have been hugely anonymous (I appreciate they have to be careful in what they say and how people interpret what they say) but the silence has been very disappointing to me and is indicative of the fact that there are no real leaders in the boardroom.

Fully appreciate this may not be on topic so feel free to move if required but Saturdays result really was a bitter blow.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, chedan1 said:

Would love to think we'd have a chance, but we wouldn't. I genuinely think Mckay has this club at his heart, but in an open market, would we even be close to competing with....let me think...Aberdeen, for example? 

• Agree 1

Why not designate Charlie as assistant manager and both he and Richie can then SHARE the responsibility for the remaining games? At least that would oblige Mr. Foran to have to consider an alternative way to the finish line and share the load and the stress of his unwelcome position. It's needs must when the Devil drives, folks--and there is no time to lose now.  James, get the horses round here pronto.

Right now I feel really sorry for Richie since it does seem that the Board has HUNG HIM OUT TO DRY!. Are THEY out of ideas as well? Where is the experienced help?  At first sight it does appear that the way he is being treated by the Board of Directors is as shameful as it is neglectful.

Is the kitty so incredibly empty that an extra pound spent here and there matters that much at this crucial stage of the history of ICT? If the kitty ran out with J Hughes' departure why were the financial ramifications, that might result from these circumstances relating to J Hughes, not already foreseen long before this and some term included in J.H's contract to offset the possibility of that happening? That's not Richie's fault so, who can he turn to in his hour of need?  Anybody? The Board?...Is he viewed as disposable Kleenex waiting for someone to pick up, put in the garbage can and then the lid is slammed shut + End of story?

It's not guilt that I see in Richie's face. HE has done his very best and I feel certain about that. So why should HE feel guilty about anything? No man or woman can do more than their best efforts. It's frustration, bemusement, fear and disappointment I see. More devastation than guilt don't you know?What can one expect from a gentleman like Richie who has no previous managerial experience?

WHO was his right -hand man, pray?  Nobody forsooth.

Sorry, I'm quitting now because I am steaming mad at this fiasco and afraid to continue.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, caleyboy said:

I would like to hear the answer to that as well SMEE but I think you should contact the club direct on that one as they don't answer sensitive questions on here.

It's most likely that the relegation clause will be a reduction on wages and bonuses. I know that the last time we were relegated the players (at least the ones I spoke to) mentioned this. One of them said it was about 30%. I doubt there's a clause about sacking him if relegated. 

As I said at the start if the season maybe Richie is the right person for the job but it's the wrong time.

One of 2 things should have happened imo. Either he should have gone down to a smaller club for a few seasons to cut his teeth and learn the trade then come in as manager OR he should have been made assistant manager for a few seasons then stepped up.

I don't think the board are fully to blame here as nobody put a gun to Richie's head to take the job and he will have known better than anyone the resources available to him over the season. He presumably convinced the board he was the right man.

That said the fact that a 4 year deal was given to a completely untested manager is shall we say, most unorthodox! A rolling contract should have been offered. We now have a manager who sadly looks over his head and we can't afford to pay off. 

Playin the blame game at this stage however doesn't offer solutions and I've got no fecking idea on that front. Some of the comments on Facebook are hilarious though!

Edited by Fraz
Autocorrect pish
  • Agree 3

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic