Ups and downs

Bronson

Desperately looking for a bright side, there are potentially loads of handy trips for us Central Belters next season. St Mirren, Dumbarton, Falkirk, maybe Alloa, maybe even Hampden if QPFC do the impossible and squeeze up through the play-offs.

QotS was always one of my favourite away trips. Livingston probably about the least favourite, excepting Ibrox and Parkhead.

Intriguing comment from CC:

There have been other issues at the club which have not helped and undoubtedly contributed to our current difficulties. It is frustrating at times to work at the club and yet not be able to contribute in areas where I felt I could help but have not been given the chance.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Charlie-Christie-top-level-officiating-in-Scotland-is-unacceptable-20042017.htm

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

It is indeed.  Charlie normally steers clear of saying anything controversial in his Courier columns but this comment is very telling.

I think it is very sad that the lack of youth development and progression has been a key note of this season. 

Richie as a former development coach and charlie as current incumbent cannot use simple statements to deflect from an abject failure in the youth system or belief in the calibre of players. 

I hoped at the start of the season an internal managerial appointment would result in progression for jason brown, blair,alisdair and many others i couldnt name. If this has been the case and relegation happened i would have accepted this as a long term change of focus with a belief we were building something stronger like united in 80s or even hearts. 

Instead jason won a cup and man of the match with cove ,youth keeper has been standout with elgin and others have dissappeared. 

3 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

The last time he was allowed to 'contribute in areas where he thought he could help' he walked out as soon as the going got tough.

Strikes me as someone who's high opinion of themselves is very misplaced.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

When someone who is devoted to the club and, without doubt, has it's interests at heart, goes public with such comments it is concerning indeed.

Something is seriously wrong behind the scenes. There is no point in burying hands in sand. Until that problem, whatever it may be, is acknowledged and addressed it's unlikely that our free fall from the giddy heights of just two years ago will end any time soon.

Get it sorted and do it now for everyone's sake.

2 hours ago, The Long Man said:

The opposite, actually. He had the honesty and self-awareness to realise that the pressure was too much for him and resigned.

Agreed. When Brewster left in 2006 there was a considerable hiatus during which the feeling was that Charlie was being leant on to accept, and eventually did. I think he did a very good job but am also quite aware of how his life outwith football was suffering from his place in the goldfish bowl.

Now that the minutiae of board business are no longer available in a certain, recently refurbished hostelry, Charlie's Courier column, coming as it did on the heels of Richard Smith's resignation, gave rare food for thought as to what may be happening.

Who knows exactly what the problems are, but I would imagine Charlie is saying that he feels he could have helped avoid some of the disastrous team selections and tactics we have witnessed this season. He does know his football. If the talent available to the club is not being deployed to maximum advantage, especially with a rookie manager out of his depth, then that is a great shame.