Feed the Fish (a new contract)

Alex Fisher - I think he should be given a new contract for a few reasons.

With a run of games he could end up our top scorer this season. He is always positive on the park and off the park.

Sign him up!!

He has shown some promising signs and I'm sure in the Championship he would get us goals which is what we will need - however he has also had bad injuries and spent time not being available. Currently we don't have a lot of striking options for next season so I'd be inclined to agree, but would rather wait til the season is over as I think if we stay in the Premiership (however unlikely) as we will need to do a series overhaul in many areas.

I have always liked Fisher from the moment when he took the ball by the scruff of the neck out on the left wing, saw an opportunity and sure as heck knew where the goal was. And, "bingo", it was a  corker of a shot which bulged the back of the netting.

I can  never understand why he was not played more often.

It's this kind of opportunism and determination that would have helped ICT weather the storms  better than they have done. Just my opinion but who picks the team anyway.........?

4 hours ago, Bronson said:

He was offered a new contract very early in the season then vanished. Very odd

I think what happened was Richie favoured his own signings & froze Fisher out.I have watched every minute Anier has played and he is not a patch on Fisher!. Richie I believe persisted with Anier for so long hoping he would come good, but never did. Don't think he has scored a goal yet?. For everyone who was at the Motherwell game you could see quite clearly what we have been missing!!!!!!!!!!!!. Clearly on a professional basis your best players have to be played every game if available. Ritchie's lack of experience & man management skills are very much  evident, unfortunately!.

• Agree 3

27 minutes ago, CaleyMax said:

I have watched every minute Anier has played and he is not a patch on Fisher!. Richie I believe persisted with Anier for so long hoping he would come good, but never did.

Anyone who saw us play DUtd last season or watched any other of their games are not surprised - infact the signing of Anier to start with was a shock as he's just not up to this level. He might do better in the Championship but I'd be reluctant to waste another contract on him. 

Let's not forget that (apart from a goal against Celtic) he couldn't hit a barn door in the first half of the season ... Although you could never fault his effort ... however, with wee Billy's loan period coming to an end, I'm glad that he's grabbing his new opportunity with both hands.

11 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Let's not forget that (apart from a goal against Celtic) he couldn't hit a barn door in the first half of the season ... Although you could never fault his effort ... however, with wee Billy's loan period coming to an end, I'm glad that he's grabbing his new opportunity with both hands.

Scored against our neighbour's over the bridge as well. It must be noted that a lot of his starts have been off the bench & with very little game time!

13 minutes ago, CaleyMax said:

Scored against our neighbour's over the bridge as well. It must be noted that a lot of his starts have been off the bench & with very little game time!

Yes I remember that goal too ... I suppose that was still the first half of the season (I should have said autumn lol) ... but his goals/games ratio hasn't been great although I do appreciate there'd been a few sub appearances.