Maurice Malpas

Kingsmills

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

A shrewd and welcome move.

I was not at all impressed by the manner in which he disparaged the club and the fans when he turned down the privilege of managing us and Followed Butcher to Hibs. However, he is a decent, experienced coach who knows the league and many of our players and, as I said in the OP' in my opinion, a shrewd and welcome move.

We can only hope that he makes a better job of assisting the manager avoid relegation than he did at Easter Road !

• Agree 3

Is this officially announced?

It's experience at least, knows a few of the players and might be able to organise a defence. Hopefully him and Rice can work together and its not a battle of egos. Worried that its possibly too late though and question why nobody looked at this earlier - 3-0 defeat at Hamilton for me would have been the time.

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Is this officially announced?

It's experience at least, knows a few of the players and might be able to organise a defence. Hopefully him and Rice can work together and its not a battle of egos. Worried that its possibly too late though and question why nobody looked at this earlier - 3-0 defeat at Hamilton for me would have been the time.

Better late than never and, for those devoting such time and effort into organising torch lit protests and the like to force the board to take action, now that the board has taken positive action, perhaps they can now devote all that time and effort into fully and enthusiastically supporting the club for these vital few games that lie ahead.

Depending on what happens, there may be an argument for protest at the end of the season but, to quote the mantra of the Prime Minister 'now is not the time'.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 5

41 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

To me this is clutching at straws and we must be completely desperate if we are welcoming back a person who followed Butcher to Hibs and basically lied to all of us.

No automatic alt text available.

Time to move on from that. MM is never likely to win a popularity contest with ICT fans but if this move helps us escape relegation then I, for one, am prepared to  consign both his words and his actions to the past. What happened years ago is history it's what happens in the next month that's vitally important now.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 7

I thinks this is classed as Shutting the barn door AFTER the horse has bolted. This move should have came 6 games ago when it was blatantly obvious ICT were struggling badly.

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, SMEE said:

I thinks this is classed as Shutting the barn door AFTER the horse has bolted. This move should have came 6 games ago when it was blatantly obvious ICT were struggling badly.

That stable door is hanging loose but the horse has not quite bolted yet.

• Agree 1

Something had to be done, no matter what. We have been on a downward spiral for months now and were in danger of not winning another match all season. Whether bringing back Malpas will halt the slide remains to be seen, but surely things can only get better.

Wonder what his role will be and how much influence he will be allowed to have on team selection, formations and tactics.  I take it Foran is still the manager.      

3 hours ago, caley100 said:

Great, plenty experience, now punt that bloke Rice ( who should have never been kept on anyway)

I know someone has suggested Brian's contract is up in May 2017 but this article seems to suggest Summer 2018.........http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/John-Hughes-and-Brian-Rice-sign-contract-extensions-at-Caley-Thistle-01122015.htm    As a result he has rights under the Employment Protection Act if you or I were 'punted' without just cause.

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3

Too little to late ? Hope not! but suspect so . How Foran is keeping his job is unbelievable . Wonder what Kenny Cameron can see ? Well something NO body else appears to be seeing . Absolutely clueless manager that would be lucky maninging in the Amateur league . 

• Agree 3

As a straight managerial replacement I might have swallowed this bitter pill. Is Brian Rice the problem?- not convinced. Hopefully I'll look back on this and laugh at how daft I was still calling for the managers head, we will know very soon.:unsure: